Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2019, 17:29   #1396
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Where did you buy these? Are they available online?
I'm based out of Cochin. Bought them from a small accessories here in Cochin.

Check for worldwide silicon wiperblades online. You may find them.
msaudf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 17:35   #1397
Distinguished - BHPian

Bosch Eco blades are the worst - they squeak within a few strokes in rain and leave streaks within a about 50 strokes in rain.

The rubber never wears out but the effectiveness of the blade is zilch.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 02:51   #1398
BHPian

I am on my 3rd set of wipers on my 2016 Ford Endeavour. The factory fitted wipers lasted for about a year and a half and then they started becoming noisy and ineffective in heavy rain. I replaced them with Rain X Latitude water repellent wipers from Walmart. These gave a water repellent coating on the glass during the initial few wipes and were quite effective initially. Being mostly driven in dry areas, the wipers were mostly used with the washer. After about a year they started leaving streaks after each wipe and the coating had worn off long ago.

I now have Michelin Rainforce wipers which I bought off Amazon. They are a bit expensive, especially the 24" ones. But for the first time I get that completely satisfied feeling. I never got this feeling with any of the wipers I have used in the past. They leave the windshield spotless if you are using the washer and I found them very good in rain. Absolutely noiseless. Very satisfied in about a month of use.

Both the Rain X and the Michelins came with multiple adapters which pretty much covers all the types of connectors that you may find in India. The adapters are a perfect fit for the top lock type wiper arms on the Endeavour.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 09:23   #1399
Senior - BHPian

The best wipers I have experienced till date are the ones on Nexon top end. These are very premium, and frame less. I think these are by Bosch. Have lasted 2 years and are up for change. Unfortunately, Bangalore received no rains this time so have put forward the change. I hope I get the original as every sweep feels plush, and it does its job well. Do try these and give me feedback. I would also like to try your suggestions for Latitude and Rainforce. Is it a frameless set, as they look really swell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Rain X Latitude water repellent wipers from Walmart & Michelin Rainforce wipers
Old 5th August 2019, 13:23   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I would also like to try your suggestions for Latitude and Rainforce. Is it a frameless set, as they look really swell?
The Latitude is a frameless wiper. They leave a repellent coating on the window, at least initially. But I am not convinced that the coating works under our dusty conditions.

The Michelin Rainforce is a framed wiper. Among the two, from my experience, I would recommend the Michelins.
Old 24th August 2019, 10:48   #1401
Senior - BHPian

After a few years of (happily) using frameless wipers, I am switching back to conventional framed wipers.

The problem with frameless wipers is that the branded ones are quite expensive and performance of the cheaper ones (available here for ₹200/set) is hit or miss when it pours.

I've gone for Bosch Eco this time. Costed me 340 bucks (same as MRP) through Amazon as the Eon uses a 22/14 configuration which isn't readily available in local shops. The wipers are fairly new (May 2019) and offer a clean silent sweep in mild downpours. Yet to test them in heavy rains and see how long the rubber lasts.
Old 24th August 2019, 11:04   #1402
BHPian

It started raining in Chennai and its the time to change wipers for my Jazz. Have been using the OEM wipers until now and wanted to try the frameless. Stumbled on these myTVS Frameless Wiper blades in Amazon.

Wouldn't rate them best they are just above good. Neat spotless wipes. They are available in various sizes and are snug fit.
Old 24th August 2019, 11:23   #1403
Distinguished - BHPian

I had my good friends try all kinds of fancy wipers , so finally everyone realized that even a cheap syndicate is just fine as long as its fairly new. When it's raining and you are on a highway, you need a clean wipe, there is nothing like a new wiper blade. I use Bosch Eco, I change it every year around June. This too is made in China. I recently tried Chinese non brand wiper, felt just like Bosch Eco in performance although less well put together, I don't think it will hold up at high wiper speeds, not recommended.

By the way if you have new blades and still a bit of uneven wipe, it's probably a good idea to replace the wiper arm, the springs may have gotten a bit weak after many years.
Old 24th August 2019, 12:05   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

By the way if you have new blades and still a bit of uneven wipe, it's probably a good idea to replace the wiper arm, the springs may have gotten a bit weak after many years.
I agree with most of what you say

This statement jumps to a conclusion too fast, IMO. Sometimes the problem is with the alignment of the blade arm. If you know what you are doing, you can twist the arm to correct it.

Let me see if I can find the video again
Old 24th August 2019, 12:58   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Let me see if I can find the video again
Are you referring to the video posted at #1295 of this thread?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4413437 (The 'Wiper Blade' Thread)

I followed the method and was able to reduce the harshness of the wipe and the noise a little. But once it went through some cycles, the problem has resurfaced. Changing the entire arm is the only unexplored solution now.
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:44   #1406
BHPian

================================================== =
ENGLISH & HINDI SubTitles are available too

Long lasting wiper blade | How to change a wiper blade | വൈപ്പർന്റെ ആയുസ്സു കൂട്ടാൻ ഉള്ള എളുപ്പമാർഗം
================================================== =

::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 18:32   #1407
BHPian

Replaced the wipers for my Honda City 2014 with Bosch Clear Advantage. Original sizes for City were 26" and 14". But Clear Advantage comes only in 13" or 15", so went with the 26" and 15" and it works perfect.
Old 27th October 2019, 20:20   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Brand new wipers on my Jetta have this annoying judder when used for anything beyond a few swipes. The drivers side blade especially appears to jump and skip when on the upswing. I also see it leaving marks when used at 'low' speed for a prolonged period. I've cleaned the windshield with shampoo and also wiped the rubber blades. I plan to try the colgate cleaning experiment soon. What could be the issue here ?
Old 27th October 2019, 21:17   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Brand new wipers on my Jetta have this annoying judder when used for anything beyond a few swipes. .... What could be the issue here ?
Twist the frame abit against the direction that it's juddering i.e. in resting position, the wiper blades should be perpendicular to the windshield.

Since yours is a new set, the rubber couldn't have hardened, still just check the manufacturing date if you still have the packing cover. I recently changed my cars blades but they'd hardened abit since they were stored for a long time, I used surgical spirit to clean the blades & maybe soften them and it helped a fair bit.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 27th October 2019 at 21:26. Reason: Spelling error
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 21:29   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I recently changed my cars blades but they'd hardened abit since they were stored for a long time, I used surgical spirit to clean the blades & maybe soften them and it helped a fair bit.
I think I have the packing somewhere, will look around and also adjust the arm if it isn't perpendicular to the windshield. How old is too old though ?

Most Viewed