Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2019, 20:09   #1411
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

While checking for some specific product patents, came across this interesting story on origin of the intermittent wiper.

May be a bit off topic for the thread. May be not. I presumed this is one place people might appreciate a good story on the subject (car related)!

Intermittent Wipers:

On a rainy night in 1963, engineer Robert Kearns tried to squint through the sporadic showers that blurred his windshield. In the 1960s, windshield wipers typically had two settings, high and low. If rain wasn’t steady, driving could be extremely difficult. Kearns wondered why windshield wipers couldn’t react like blinking human eyes and respond to all kinds of precipitation. He built a model of his idea, patented it in 1967, and sent it to the major American car companies, but none bit. However, they suddenly started to use his wipers in their cars without asking for his approval. After battling Ford, Chrysler, and other manufacturers, Kearns won more than $30 million.

Source - https://www.rd.com/culture/invention-stories/
Miyata is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 13:45   #1412
BHPian

I came across this - and wondering if this indeed is the right thing to do? Has anyone on this forum tried this and would you mind sharing the experience/details? Any pointers would help.
sumathindra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 17:33   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
and wondering if this indeed is the right thing to do? Has anyone on this forum tried this and would you mind sharing the experience/details? Any pointers would help.

Not sure if using WD40 on rubber is a good idea, but the comments for this video on YouTube are worth spending time on
ant_vas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 21:04   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
I have used a similar set on my A-Star for about 2 years with satisfaction. They were cheap @299 and worked well.
I have ordered another set now.
Unfortunately this did not work well for me.

The frame-less GM Enterprises wiper blades that I ordered via Autotrends.in were in horrible shape. It was partially white due to mold all over the wipers so I returned them.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20190808_220150772.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20190808_220207492.jpg
rajathv8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 23:17   #1415
BHPian

Got a set of GM frame less wipers from Autotrends. The quality is decent and wipes well without streaks. A worthy purchase IMO.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20190805_161333min.jpg
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20190805_161447min.jpg
Pferdestarke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 18:44   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
DHC Max Vision (All Season) Wiper blades for Hyundai Creta

Driver's side: 26"
Passenger's side: 16"
I am now seeing this brand at many local shops here in my town.

How is it holding up for you? Would you recommend this brand based on your experience.
Old 2nd December 2019, 19:55   #1417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
How is it holding up for you? Would you recommend this brand based on your experience?
The wiper is holding up well. Light to heavy rains faced no issue at all. No streaks or shuddering during the movement of the blades.

I'll recommend this brand wipers based on my use so far but the price is on the higher side as compared to the rest frameless ones AFAIK.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 19:11   #1418
BHPian

Got dhc max vision all season wiper set for my 2018 Baleno. Got it from a local store for Rs. 700. Initial impression is good. Yet to test in rain. Thanks a4anurag for your inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20191206_180048.jpg  

Sophomore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 19:04   #1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu View Post
No Bosch Wipers for the Swift yet?

Swift requires the blade size of 21" and 18". You can directly opt for these sizes from the online websites of the brand you want to purchase.
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:28   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I replaced them with Rain X Latitude water repellent wipers from Walmart. These gave a water repellent coating on the glass during the initial few wipes and were quite effective initially.

I now have Michelin Rainforce wipers which I bought off Amazon. They are a bit expensive, especially the 24" ones. But for the first time, I get that completely satisfied feeling.
I am totally intrigued by the design and looks of the Michelin Rainforce wiper blades, essentially as I see a lot of resemblance to the top class wiper blades like the OEM XUV5OO ones and the one which came with the old Corolla Altis.

While my experience with Wiper blades for Ecosport has been a disaster, as I have tried a truckload of them while Hella Curvo & Dyna Edge have been the best of the lot - my recent choice of Bosch Eco has been disastrous.

I am seriously considering the Michelin Rainforce, but quite concerned whether I should buy them now - or wait till the beginning of Monsoon to do the same, as this is quite expensive for an upgrade.
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:37   #1421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
my recent choice of Bosch Eco has been disastrous.
Bosch has been disastrous lately. My first set was really good but the last one proved to be a disaster. I might stick back to the traditional frame type wiper. Our weather and road conditions (dust) is too much for any wiper I guess, even though I clean the windshield every time I see some dust and keep the wipers in upright position when parked.
Old 3rd January 2020, 14:54   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
I am totally intrigued by the design and looks of the Michelin Rainforce wiper blades, essentially as I see a lot of resemblance to the top class wiper blades like the OEM XUV5OO ones and the one which came with the old Corolla Altis.

While my experience with Wiper blades for Ecosport has been a disaster, as I have tried a truckload of them while Hella Curvo & Dyna Edge have been the best of the lot - my recent choice of Bosch Eco has been disastrous.

I am seriously considering the Michelin Rainforce, but quite concerned whether I should buy them now - or wait till the beginning of Monsoon to do the same, as this is quite expensive for an upgrade.
Please dont go for michelin rainforce. I tried them in 2019 monsoons.Wipers started streaking within two months. First driver side then passenger side. Buy sumthing similar from amazon or better get oem ones, they are the best.
M124 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 15:07   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
I am totally intrigued by the design and looks of the Michelin Rainforce wiper blades
I completely agree to M124's comment below. My joy was short lived. They are useless in our dusty conditions. After a while they become noisy in rain and leave streaks if you use your washer. They hop and skip like a Thomson's Gazelle even at average speeds in rain. You will be a happier man if you stay away from these wipers. Am on the look out for my next set of wipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
Please dont go for michelin rainforce. I tried them in 2019 monsoons.Wipers started streaking within two months.
Absolutely!
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:18   #1424
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 to above remarks on Michelin.

For me wiper has been working without any complaints. However, packaging of theirs is pathetic. I got it from Amazon and the Michelin package was so flimsy that the blade was outside the package by time I received it.

I am not saying about the Amazon shipping package, that was holding fine and the only saving grace, my complaint is regarding the Michelin package. The reason I am mentioning about the package is that, you may end up getting a bend wiper if ordering online.

Hella comes properly packaged and from my experience last long too, even compared to Bosch which has been not that great.
Old 6th January 2020, 23:33   #1425
BHPian

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Guys, I am looking for frameless wiper blades (all three blades) for my 2019 Ecosport. What is the OEM spec and what are good options out there in the market now ?

Last edited by vaasscit : 6th January 2020 at 23:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks