Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:43   #1561
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Agreed, i know of no one who does this. So this whole removing and fixing - happens at the most twice in a year. Never bothered us and its not a big deal - take 5-10 mins. And the most important thing - IT WORKS. The kind of people we are - we have all the tools in the world at our home and love DIY. So we're good.
I keep my old wipers in the boot and use them in the summers.
From June to Dec I use the new wipers.
neofromcapone is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:59   #1562
BHPian

Has anyone replaced just the wiper blade refill/rubber? The reviews on Amazon seems to be ok . Only thing I am worried about is how to replace the rubber in my Honda Jazz. Couldn't seem to find good videos for it.
Old 23rd December 2021, 13:44   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Has anyone replaced just the wiper blade refill/rubber? The reviews on Amazon seems to be ok . Only thing I am worried about is how to replace the rubber in my Honda Jazz. Couldn't seem to find good videos for it.
I have replaced the wiper blade rubber alone in my O7 Civic. You can buy the OEM blades from Boodmo. Refer the below,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5113401 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5134045 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

The steps to replace the rubber blades are very well laid out in the owner's manual.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 16:31   #1564
BHPian

Anyone knows the size of wipers for a Honda City Ivtec and any suggestions for a car which see's occasional rain?
The OEM blades from Honda cost a cool 1600 or something and I was just thinking of picking up a much cheaper pair from amazon.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 20:44   #1565
BHPian

Swapped out the wiper blades on my BMW 520d F10 today.
The quote from BMW was INR 7,550 for the blades plus installation.
Got a set of Bosch Aerotwin's A524S from Khan Market as I couldn't find anything online and put them on myself.
The F10 has a 26" blade (driver side) and an 18" blade (passenger side). I was earlier about to buy the 26" and the 18" Aerotwin in separate packaging as it was costing a lot lesser. Realised that they aren't made specifically for BMW's and come with a bulky connector hence got the A524's.
The A524's are made specifically for select RHD BMW models whereas the A523's are for LHD models.
Total damage - INR 2,200.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_0204.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_0205.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_0206.jpg  

Last edited by advaydh : 29th December 2021 at 20:46. Reason: Formatting
advaydh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 13:06   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Thought of posting this here as I found this sight on a Polo rather unusual - the wipers don't appear to be in service position (rather seem to be in the park position) but the wiper blades can be lifted clear of the windscreen without fouling with bonnet lip?
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-screenshot_20220305130445.png  

Old 3rd April 2022, 15:25   #1567
BHPian

The wipers on our Alto 800 are 21 inches for the driver side and 13 inches for the passenger side. Maruti's website reports that 22"/14" is suitable for the car when I keyed in the registration number. With barely an inch left on the windshield on the passenger with a 13-inch wiper, I am puzzled how would a 14 inch fit there? myTVS appears to suggest using 18"/16" sizes. Can different sized wipers be used effectively?
Old 3rd April 2022, 23:33   #1568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
The wipers on our Alto 800 are 21 inches for the driver side and 13 inches for the passenger side. Can different sized wipers be used effectively?
Maybe some database error at Marutis end. If you know the right size for the blades why go with such a recommendation? Especially if you say that the gap is very less for two bigger blades to successfully work in tandem. I have used 14 inch instead of 13 in the Celerio on passenger side and that worked without issues. But driver side blade size was kept unchanged. But if you change both then there would definitely be an issue if the blades come in contact in stationary position. If not, then they would not come in contact while sweeping since the drivers side blade sweeps first followed by passengers side.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 01:57   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Agreed, i know of no one who does this. So this whole removing and fixing - happens at the most twice in a year. Never bothered us and its not a big deal - take 5-10 mins. And the most important thing - IT WORKS. The kind of people we are - we have all the tools in the world at our home and love DIY. So we're good.
For heavens sake, please please do not suggest this to anyone and neither follow it yourself.
Wiper is a very important component of a car. You just can't drive without it to save a few bucks! Whether summer or winter, it doesn't matter.
Imagine you are driving on the highway/city road and crossing a water logged stretch at a humble 60 km/hr. The opposite side car splashes water on your wind screen.. What will you do?
I have a Tata Safari Dicor, which has arguably the longest wiper set. BOSCH wipers 24"/20" cost 500 INR, same size Valeo Wiper set cost 300 INR. Even if they wear off in an year, I am happy to buy a set according to my budget. I am sure your car wipers will cost somewhat less.
Regarding Valeo brand, they make OEM clutch plates for many brands and the wiper set is as good as Bosch, if not better.
Do not start your car without wipers, save fuel instead.
There are others like you who are asking, can I drive with just one wiper?
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-screenshot_20220404_015606.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:49   #1570
BHPian

Any recommandations for Breeza wiper blades? I need to replace both front and rear wipers before monsoon sets in.

SAI service hinjawadi is pathetic in there response as always and have failed to confirm on the availability or price of the part even after few days of follow ups.
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:30   #1571
BHPian

Any reviews of Blaupunkt Velocity Flexi wiper? Have been getting ads of it quite frequently while surfing FB.
Old 5th July 2022, 08:11   #1572
BHPian

Any suggestions for rear wiper blade for S-cross?
Old 5th July 2022, 09:41   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Ordered the Bosch Clear Advantage from Amazon for my Ford Freestyle, the wipers perform really well, but look at the size of box a set of wipers came in! Such a waste of packaging material.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20220625_191723.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:44   #1574
BHPian

Replaced the front and rear wipers for the Grand i10. As I’ve been swamped with work got them from a local accessory shop at Vashi. Strangely, while the pair at the front cost 400 (Bosch), the single rear wiper cost 450. Didn’t bother verifying online though.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 04:16   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Got the Bosch Clear Advantage blades (I upsized the drivers side to 22" and they fit perfectly without touching) for my Dzire a few days back and they were 2021 made. Within 3 days they started juddering and making noise because of that so I took them off and cleaned them with WD40 but it didn't make any difference so I cleaned the original wiper blades that came with the car in Dec 2020 and they improved in performance. I will now use the Bosch after the rains and in the meanwhile I'm thinking of getting the Blaupunkt Velocity blades.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks