Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 06:02   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

I had installed BOSCH Aero on my Nexon from Tata Motors Service itself and found lot of streaks in just one month. These are very expensive and the factory fitted ones had lasted 3 years. In spite of the low quality TM wouldn't take them back. Now I'm wondering where to get an original Made In Germany set from a genuine retailer in Bangalore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTigor View Post
I had installed a new set of Bosch wipers exactly a month ago, and today the wipers have gone bad, there are streaks while wiping. I am puzzled as to how can wipers from Bosch go bad in just a month
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:55   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Query about VW wiper blades vs Bosch wiper blades for the Polo. I bought a set of Bosch blades last year but within a year, they're already juddering on the driver's side at the top of the sweep. I don't recall this happening with the VW OG blades.

Should I replace with aftermarket stuff or go with whatever VW offers, even though they're more expensive?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 14:36   #1578
BHPian

I also had some bad experience with Bosch wipers. Rubber peeled off in one monsoon. Quite likely fake product.

What are the reliable options for wipers, other than overpriced oem wipers ?
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:41   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
I also had some bad experience with Bosch wipers. Rubber peeled off in one monsoon. Quite likely fake product.

What are the reliable options for wipers, other than overpriced oem wipers ?
I too had Bosch wipers and after an year, it started to make noise and wipe was not clean. So recently purchased the below one last month and was very satisfied so far. The wipe is very clean and is quiet. You may want to try it.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 10:56   #1580
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if all Bosch Clear advantage wipers, the frameless type, have vibrating issues with their main blade?

I thought it was a problem with mine only but I've checked a couple of the cars of people i know who have clear advantage blades and almost all of them suffer from it.

Wipe is clean and there is no noise but the bottom end of the main blade shakes at the start of the return swipe. Sometimes, a lot but after a couple of minutes it settles down to a lower amount of shaking, kind of like a cars engine settles down after a couple minutes of idling in the morning.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling them hoping the fitment wasn't right enough the last time but to no avail.

Last edited by SaiSW : 14th July 2022 at 10:57.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 12:58   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Can anyone confirm if all Bosch Clear advantage wipers, the frameless type, have vibrating issues with their main blade?
I have the wipers on my Creta and have no such problem. However, now that they are at end of life and hard, they have started streaking.
Old 14th July 2022, 13:00   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Mine does and its new
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 13:05   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just changed them 2 weeks ago, and since new it judders while on return. I gave my windshield a good cleaning and another coat of rainx and even gave the wiper blade a good cleaning. The issue is still present and annoying.

My 3m blades of 3 years did not have this problem ever. I am going to ditch the bosch clear advantage and get some 3m blades even though they are costly.

I am using 26 / 14 and the 26 is the one having the problem.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 13:29   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I have the wipers on my Creta and have no such problem. However, now that they are at end of life and hard, they have started streaking.
Seems like you struck the lottery, so many people i know have this issue and all of their blades are new, and two members here already confirmed they also have the issue. I can understand 1 in 10 blades being a lemon but how does 5 (or more) in 10 be lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Mine does and its new
Mine too. I just bought them off boodmo and i didn't return them during the return period because the wipe was good. The wipe is still perfect, its just the shaking that's annoying. I think i have ocd because its rainy season and once I catch them shaking then I can't focus on anything else. And unlike rattles which can be drowned out by music, you can't do anything about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I just changed them 2 weeks ago, and since new it judders while on return. I gave my windshield a good cleaning and another coat of rainx and even gave the wiper blade a good cleaning. The issue is still present and annoying.

I am using 26 / 14 and the 26 is the one having the problem.
Would this be because maybe the size of the blade is larger than required? I thought my Aspire was supposed to have 22" (atleast that's what it said on boodmo) as the main blade, maybe it should've been smaller? And yep, in all the cars I've checked, its the bigger blade that shakes, the smaller one is perfect every time.

P.S. i think the shake is due to the central part of the blade, where it attaches to the rod, being loose. Can't think of anything else.

Last edited by SaiSW : 14th July 2022 at 13:45.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 00:06   #1585
BHPian

My July 2020 30,000 kilometres run Hyundai Creta is still running on its original wiper set. The wipers are still very silent and don’t cause any squeaks or sounds. However, they do leave water droplets behind while wiping and are becoming a little bit inefficient in cleaning glass area now.

Can I do something about them or are they up for a straightforward replacement?
Old 15th July 2022, 05:30   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
My July 2020 30,000 kilometres run Hyundai Creta is still running on its original wiper set. The wipers are still very silent and don’t cause any squeaks or sounds. However, they do leave water droplets behind while wiping and are becoming a little bit inefficient in cleaning glass area now.

Can I do something about them or are they up for a straightforward replacement?
Wipe the wiper blade and the wind-screen with rubbing-alcohol available at any chemist store. Take a clean cloth, pour some rubbing alcohol on it and wipe clean the edge of wiper which glides over the glass. This is the best treatment you can give your wiperblades, and then use the wiperblades for a few weeks more and see the difference. I use this method and my wiper blades last around 2.5 to 3 years.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 13:25   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Would this be because maybe the size of the blade is larger than required?
Dont think so, my previous blade was also of the same size.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 16:23   #1588
BHPian

There is loud squeezing noise from My Hexa’s wipers. I replaced old wiper with new frameless wipers but still there is squeezing noise coming from them. Also driver side wiper from both set of wipers shakes at bottom during wiping operation. What could be reason behind that?

Also request to suggest me good wipers of the size 26”.
Old 15th July 2022, 16:30   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
There is loud squeezing noise from My Hexa’s wipers. I replaced old wiper with new frameless wipers but still there is squeezing noise coming from them. Also driver side wiper from both set of wipers shakes at bottom during wiping operation. What could be reason behind that?

Also request to suggest me good wipers of the size 26”.
Clay the windshield . That should take care of the juddering and noise.

If the claying also does not solve then the wiper arm might be bent.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 01:36   #1590
Senior - BHPian

I returned the bosch's and got the blaupunkt's. These are better but I hear a slight squeak at the top of the movement but no juddering. I may try claying.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20220711_160230.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20220711_163653.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks