Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2023, 21:22   #1621
BANNED

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Trying for a while to get a replacement for my 2018 Skoda Superb AT Petrol Wipers, 26 inch and 18 inch in length, and they have a pinch in mechanism.

Any suggestions or users of Superb who have tried any wipers, most appreciated.
Old 6th May 2023, 10:15   #1622
BHPian

Jeep Compass

OEM wipers started leaving water streaks on the windshield plus the rubber got torn out so I was on the hunt to buy a new set of wiper blades.

I don't want to go with OEM this time because I want to see how much cheaper one like Bosch will last and after using the aftermarket blades, I will decide whether to stay with OEM or Aftermarket ones.

Did a little bit of research and ordered Bosch Clear Advantage Size 24 inches and 18 inches from Amazon. The order arrived in 3 days meanwhile saw some installation videos on youtube and I installed them myself.

Review

The pair cost me Rs 900 while the OEM of Jeep costs Rs5500. The cost difference is visible in the rubber quality of the wiper, the bosch rubber is hard and cheap in comparison to OEMs.( Note- Keeping OEM talk aside Bosch quality is also good.)

Bosch is working very smoothly and quietly, with absolutely no streak and juddering. I will recommend them to all. Let's see how long will they last.

Last edited by vattyboy : 6th May 2023 at 10:16.
vattyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:06   #1623
BANNED

Advice needed, the wipers on my car are very dirty, no matter what I do, there is always a dark black streak of dirt left on the cloth, it is also leaving streaks of water on the windscreen. The wipers were replaced 5 years ago.
Old 7th May 2023, 11:42   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Advice needed... The wipers were replaced 5 years ago.

What advice you need my friend? 5 years is a long time. Just replace them.
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 12:03   #1625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post

What advice you need my friend? 5 years is a long time. Just replace them.
Thanks for the advice, could you recommend me quality wipers, we are going to use the car a lot in the next 3 months which happens to be the monsoon season, I have a 2007 SX4, I would like frameless wipers.
Old 7th May 2023, 12:19   #1626
BHPian

FYI, Wiper Warning

Guys bought these wipers just in December and was hoping to replace it before rainy season but the wipers gave up life and started making sound.

Bosch 3397010057 High Performance Replacement Wiper Blade, 24"/16" (Set of 2) https://amzn.eu/d/9FrkEAJ
FalconRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 12:36   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, could you recommend me quality wipers, we are going to use the car a lot in the next 3 months which happens to be the monsoon season, I have a 2007 SX4, I would like frameless wipers.
Bosch and Hella are decent brands. But the thing with wipers is you'll always find mixed reviews. So it's hard to pinpoint a "good" or "bad" company.

I've used Bosch Eco mostly which is a framed variety. Last year got a set from Minda which is frameless type. My experience has been satisfactory with both. Just that frameless ones tend to judder as they become old unlike framed ones which lose their ability to swipe clean.

Last edited by self_driven : 7th May 2023 at 12:38.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 14:08   #1628
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Advice needed, the wipers on my car are very dirty, no matter what I do, there is always a dark black streak of dirt left on the cloth, it is also leaving streaks of water on the windscreen. The wipers were replaced 5 years ago.
Clearly it seems that the rubber and silicone compound has deteriorated and disintegrated with age and exposure in your case. Wipers need to be changed every 2 years max. If in a hot climate then once a year before the monsoons.
Our operating conditions in India are very harsh. Hence these rubber and silicone parts wont last as much as they may in Norther Europe or North America.
Take a look at the size recommendation and consider Michelin, Bosch, Hella etc.
Its usually a good idea to go a size longer in case the car windshield is big and if it can fit on the wiper mount. Simply because you ll get a wider wipe area.
Old 31st May 2023, 00:25   #1629
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for good wipers for my 2020 Altroz XT.

Currently, it has framed OEM wipers in sets of 24" and 16". They are almost 2.5 years old.

The left wiper has started making noise during each wipe as it goes down.

I am not sure if the frameless OEM wipers would be compatible since the wiper arms are different for the XE-XM-XT and XZ-XZ+.

I am open to installing both framed and frameless ones, as long as they work properly. I am staying in Bangalore, and the wipers will be used much more than they were over the last 3 years when I was mostly in Chennai.

The framed ones are cheap, and from most of the reviews, it looks like there is not much of a performance difference between them.

So it would be great if you could provide a few suggestions for both framed and frameless ones that are available either on Boodmo or Amazon.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 7th June 2023, 11:31   #1630

Hello,

looking for non OE wiper blades for my Ignis...recommended size as per Maruti is 20/16...wanted to know if i can up that size and by how much. also whats a good non OE wiper brand to try... frameless?
Old 26th June 2023, 13:34   #1631

Hey guys I recently bought Bosch Clear Advantage for my Kushaq, and to my disappointment they are juddering a lot! I am having a fairly bad experience with these in the rains.

What do you recommend? To try some other brand like Hella? Or just go back to OEM?
rocky17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 00:34   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky17 View Post
Hey guys I recently bought Bosch Clear Advantage for my Kushaq, and to my disappointment they are juddering a lot! I am having a fairly bad experience with these in the rains.

What do you recommend? To try some other brand like Hella? Or just go back to OEM?
I faced similar issue when I purchased CA for my Ecosport last time, however things improved with time. Make sure your windshield is properly cleaned and notice if the sound persists.
Old 27th June 2023, 09:52   #1633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have tried almost all branded budget wipers on my Creta and all doesn't seem to last and few had this juddering issue.

So this time, I got a detailing clay from Amazon and cleaned my windshield. It did pick up minute dust and grime. Installed Bosch Eco wipers (frame type) about a month back and it gives a smooth wipe and best part is that there's zero noise (some new wipers do give that rubbery noise).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 11:50   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Go for Schaeffler wipers if possible or available. I have been using the same for the last few years and they are brilliant. The quality of the wiper is top notch and longevity is great too. After having used Bosch before, I can vouch that these are superior and better.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 16:58   #1635

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Go for Schaeffler wipers if possible or available. I have been using the same for the last few years and they are brilliant. The quality of the wiper is top notch and longevity is great too. After having used Bosch before, I can vouch that these are superior and better.
Where can I buy these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks