Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 19:44   #1546
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi blackbandit, how are you finding the performance of these wiper blades? I too purchased the same set from Boodmo recently for my Ecosport and got a chance to test them on last Sunday.

Experienced heavy juddering of the wipers when it was under heavy rain but got silent when I applied the windshield washer. At one point, I managed some shelter and lifted and dropped the wipers on the windshield but to no avail.

I was using Bosch frameless wipers earlier which were decent but had aged (bought during Ali Express days).

I am considering to give one more chance to these Valeo wipers before deciding to dump them for Ford OE ones or Bosch.
Hello. I have not faced any concerning issues from the blades. Have used it extensively in the recent Bangalore rains and I am happy with the performance so far. But yeah I did face juddering once in between but I feel it was due to the windshield being dirty after a long drive from Mangalore. Did a thorough wash and post that I haven't faced any judder.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 19:11   #1547

Changed the blades today for my Swift. Courtesy the rains in Chennai and the 3M blades not giving a clean wipe especially on the driver side. They are probably 7 or 8 months old - was very happy with them in the beginning however it's difficult to drive during the rains with not so clean wipes. Not wanting to drive like a blind man in the night even in slight drizzles, headed out to Shell Select to buy Bosch wipers. I asked them to install the frameless ones but after installing them observed them ever so slightly juddering during test wipes. Shell were gracious enough to accept my ask for the framed ones instead. Tested them, clean wipes and noiseless operation. Paid 194, 214 respectively for a set of 19" and 21" blades. Thanked them and left. I don't know if there's any use in raising the wiper arms when parked but that's what I did today (apartment parking). Let's see how long this set of blades last.
Old 1st December 2021, 08:21   #1548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazrox View Post
I don't know if there's any use in raising the wiper arms when parked but that's what I did today (apartment parking). Let's see how long this set of blades last.
I stopped buying frameless wipers as they tend to judder especially towards the end of it's life. Since the wiper with frame has this rigid structure, it gives a clean wipe.

I always raise the wiper when I park it. Havent really noticed a huge difference. I do it so that any dust/debris that fall won't be stuck between the wiper and glass which may cause a scratch when the wiper is on. My wife's car does the opposite (never raises the wiper) and we have similar wiper life of 8 to 10 months.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 18:00   #1549
BHPian

On my Harrier, I started experiencing juddering of front windshield wipers of late. It has frameless wipers with 9 months of life. I do not notice it initially, but becomes prominent after 10-15 min of usage and more so when I start using defogger. The sound it makes is very annoying. I tried cleaning the windshield and blades, but still it persists. Need support on resolving this irritant.
Old 14th December 2021, 14:34   #1550
BHPian

Here in Baroda - the summer heat wears the wipers down in just a year. I remove the wiper post Diwali and them put them back on towards the 1st week of June, that way mine last 2-3 years.

It takes just 5 mins to remove them.
Hope this information helps someone increase the life of their wipers.
Old 14th December 2021, 14:46   #1551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
I remove the wiper post Diwali and them put them back on towards the 1st week of June, that way mine last 2-3 years.

It takes just 5 mins to remove them.
Hope this information helps someone increase the life of their wipers.
Do you leave those wiper arms blank without a blade? God forbid you engage the wiper stalk, the windshield will get scratches.

Plus don’t you engage wipers and the spray when the windshield is dirty?
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 15:04   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_Stock View Post
On my Harrier, I started experiencing juddering of front windshield wipers of late. It has frameless wipers with 9 months of life. I do not notice it initially, but becomes prominent after 10-15 min of usage and more so when I start using defogger. The sound it makes is very annoying. I tried cleaning the windshield and blades, but still it persists. Need support on resolving this irritant.

Dear Brother,

I too use frameless wipers of MyTVS brand purchased from amazon which last close to 2.5 years.

In a spray bottle mix water and white vinegar in 50:50 ratio and routinely clean windshield atleast twice a week by spraying and rubbing clean with a dry cloth.

Secondly, purchase a small bottle of rubbing alcohol from the chemist store - the one which is used by doctor to rub the arm before administering injection. Take this rubbing alcohol in a clean cloth and rub-clean the edge of wiper-blade which cleans the windshield (once every 15 days). This will solve your issues.

Final Remedy : If nothing works then while it is raining apply very little quantity of vaseline jelly on the edge of the wiper-blade and run them, the sqeaking and juddering will stop. Then after the rain stops clean the windshield with vinegar and wiper-blade with rubbing alcohol.

Caution: While spraying the mixture of Vinegar and Water do not spray it on the painted surface of the vehicle neither on the rubber of wiper-blade. Vinegar can damage paint and rubber. Rubbing Alcohol too should be strictly kept away from the paint.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 14th December 2021 at 15:11. Reason: proof-reading
Sushil Pingua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 16:03   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Do you leave those wiper arms blank without a blade? God forbid you engage the wiper stalk, the windshield will get scratches.

Plus don’t you engage wipers and the spray when the windshield is dirty?
No - I remove the whole wiper stalk by removing the nut at the base. Put talcom powder on it and wrap it up in a plastic bag that stays in the boot.

We've a guy who washes the car every morning. So i don't clean the windshield with the wiper - that is done only when i am on the highway. But then i also fix the wipers back when on the highway.

Last edited by mihir_m13 : 14th December 2021 at 16:05.
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 17:59   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
No - I remove the whole wiper stalk by removing the nut at the base. Put talcom powder on it and wrap it up in a plastic bag that stays in the boot.

We've a guy who washes the car every morning. So i don't clean the windshield with the wiper - that is done only when i am on the highway. But then i also fix the wipers back when on the highway.
No offense but that is a first for me - never EVER heard of someone doing this before just to save some wiper blades!! Each to their own but this one had me in giggles

Ps. All said in good humour!
s4ch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 18:59   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
No offense but that is a first for me - never EVER heard of someone doing this before just to save some wiper blades!! Each to their own but this one had me in giggles

Ps. All said in good humour!

Agreed, i know of no one who does this. So this whole removing and fixing - happens at the most twice in a year. Never bothered us and its not a big deal - take 5-10 mins. And the most important thing - IT WORKS. The kind of people we are - we have all the tools in the world at our home and love DIY. So we're good.
mihir_m13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 21:08   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Dear Brother,

I too use frameless wipers of MyTVS brand purchased from amazon which last close to 2.5 years.
Thanks Sushil for these multiple tips.
I will certainly try out these before this weekend drive. Hopeful this would solve the juddering problem.
Rolling_Stock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 20:12   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
For 1st Gen Creta, the rear wiper is I guess 12". Any idea where to buy it from
I checked Autofolk and they don't have it from a reputed brand. Appreciate the suggestions.
Even I would like to know. Mine is 2019 model. How do we measure? Just take a tape measure and get the length of the existing blades and order from wherever you want to order? Is it that simple?
Old 19th December 2021, 20:14   #1558
BHPian

I am planning to replace my Grand i10 rear wiper blade. I have searched the whole team-bhp thread and I was unable to find the right size of the Grand i10 rear wiper.
Grand i10 Rear Wiper size is '12 ---> Is this the correct size? When I checked Amazon and Boodmo I got the below link!
https://www.amazon.in/Power-Wiper-Bl.../dp/B06XVXNVHC price is Rs.354
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-blad...er_rr-6374339/ price is Rs.367
Where I can buy in Bangalore offline except ASS? or I can buy only in Boodmo or Amazon?Any Bhpian replaced/Experienced the rear wiper recently? if yes! Appreciate your valuable suggestions.
Old 20th December 2021, 08:03   #1559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
I am planning to replace my Grand i10 rear wiper blade. I have searched the whole team-bhp thread and I was unable to find the right size of the Grand i10 rear wiper.
Grand i10 Rear Wiper size is '12 ---> Is this the correct size? When I checked Amazon and Boodmo I got the below link!
https://www.amazon.in/Power-Wiper-Bl.../dp/B06XVXNVHC price is Rs.354
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-blad...er_rr-6374339/ price is Rs.367
Where I can buy in Bangalore offline except ASS? or I can buy only in Boodmo or Amazon?Any Bhpian replaced/Experienced the rear wiper recently? if yes! Appreciate your valuable suggestions.
I use the same brand on my Creta and it's been almost 9 months now (the Amazon link). It's holding up pretty well.

I have also purchased a lot of parts from Boodmo also (majority being front wipers). It's been a good experience.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:47   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I use the same brand on my Creta and it's been almost 9 months now (the Amazon link). It's holding up pretty well.

I have also purchased a lot of parts from Boodmo also (majority being front wipers). It's been a good experience.
Thank you Naveen Raju!

I ordered the Rear wiper of grand i10 from Amazon yesterday and delivered it today, The price was Rs.367
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06XVXNVHC/?tag=tbhp0e-21

The Manufacturer from "Power X ". I never heard about this company.

Rear wiper blade size: 12'

Today I unpacked it and installed it, It is a few-minute job. Attaching some pictures. I will post the review after experiencing rain.

Unpacked:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-unpacked.png

OEM Rear wiper Blade:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-oem-rear-wiper.png

Rear Arm without Blade:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-rear-arm-without-blade.png

Before installation of a new rear wiper blade:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-before-installation-new-rear-wiper-blade-1-oem-wiper-blade.png

New and OEM Wiper blade together:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-new-old-wiper-blade.png

New and OEM Wiper blades together with other angles:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-new-old-wiper-blade1.png

After installation of new rear wiper blade:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-after-installation-new-rear-wiper-blade.png

After installation of new rear wiper blade other angles:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-after-installation-new-rear-wiper-blade-1.png

After installation of new rear wiper blade another angle:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-after-installation-new-rear-wiper-blade3.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com