Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 21:34   #1321
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Don't forget to remove that white protective cover from the rubber blade.
Yup, did remove them after clicking the pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Is it just me or are there other members out there who feel that these aftermarket frameless wipers don't work as well as the oem stuff?
I am not sure and that was the main reason i went for myTVS Aero wipers, just to see which would be better. Cause the last time i bought an set of Bosch regular wipers from a local car accessories shop (Ford would charge more, i presume), the end of the bottom rubber kept getting coming out of the frame.

I have marked the place it kept popping out, this started from about 2 months after installation. Not that it rained heavily or the wiper mishandled in anyway (not while cleaning as well). Initail thoughts, the Aero wipers are performing wonderfully, without any sounds or streaks in my Ford.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180723_154806241.jpg  

Rohit_Quad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 00:27   #1322
BHPian

Bought these Bosch Eco wiper blades for my Micra from an authorized seller at Prafulla Sarkar Street, Kolkata. The required sizes were 21"/14" in the front and 12" for the rear but could only get the 13" for the passenger side and not the 14". The prices are quite reasonable - 150 rupees for the driver side 21" and 70-80 rupees for the 12" & 13".

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-dsc_1005.jpg

I'm yet to replace the rear blade as it is a bit tricky but the front ones are working well. If these wipe clean through the monsoon season I would be more than happy to again replace them next year with the same.

The rubber inserts from Nissan (written "Made in Japan" on them) lasted only a year and they got torn at the sides; so much for the Japanese quality and 600 odd rupees a pair.
rupdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 08:51   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupdeb View Post
The prices are quite reasonable - 150 rupees for the driver side 21" and 70-80 rupees for the 12" & 13".
You seem to have got good discount, remember paying Rs. 120 for 12" rear wiper last month.
And you seem to have picked up a pair for 13", keeping one as spare?

Quote:
If these wipe clean through the monsoon season I would be more than happy to again replace them next year with the same.
These wipers last for 2 monsoon seasons on my innova.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 09:13   #1324
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for the rear wiper blade of the WagonR 2016 VXI.

I found that the MGP part is 38340M67L10 (BLADE ASSY, REAR WIPER) and ordered it at a local MGP spare parts outlet, still waiting to receive the part so I was looking for alternatives.

I think the equivalent OEM part from Bosch is 3 397 005 065 (13.5") but this isn't available online. I think boodmo has the MGP wiper blade so that is an option.

Any other pointers ?
Old 8th August 2018, 09:16   #1325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

I think the equivalent OEM part from Bosch is 3 397 005 065 (13.5") but this isn't available online. I think boodmo has the MGP wiper blade so that is an option.
Bosch wipers are available at Shell outlets. Got mine ( for S Cross) couple of months back.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 09:29   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I found that the MGP part is 38340M67L10 (BLADE ASSY, REAR WIPER) and ordered it at a local MGP spare parts outlet, still waiting to receive the part so I was looking for alternatives.

You cant use aftermarket wipers at the rear, unless you want to only change the rubber blade. That is because the frame is made of plastic and so is the way it mounts on the wiper arm which is again plastic. Hence, you will have to order from Boodmo or insist the MGP outlet to procure it for you.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:59   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Having trouble with the wipers in my Vento. Does anyone know the size and suggest me a good brand? (With a link from where I can buy them) Attaching a picture of what my wind shield looks like. The wipers are 11 months old and sometimes give the screeching sound and leave swipe marks which makes visibility an issue,a safety issue.

Haven't spoken to my service center but what I have known is that the OEM wipers cost around 3 times more than Bosch Advantage. Moreover, there is a lot of ambiguity on which ones are really good and worth the money.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-1535041739554.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 23rd August 2018 at 22:02.
Old 24th August 2018, 09:38   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Need to buy wipers for Amaze in Tambaram area

Any recommendations?
Old 28th August 2018, 12:03   #1329
mxh
BHPian

Bought Bosch wipers for our i10, around a month ago. They are already streaking, skitting across and making noise. It was bought from one of the big shops in Mumbai so it's genuine and also has Bosch engraved on the wipers. I would not recommend Bosch wipers to anyone. Please advise, is there any possibility of warranty replacement.
Old 28th August 2018, 12:17   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Having trouble with the wipers in my Vento. Does anyone know the size and suggest me a good brand? (With a link from where I can buy them) .

Haven't spoken to my service center but what I have known is that the OEM wipers cost around 3 times more than Bosch Advantage. Moreover, there is a lot of ambiguity on which ones are really good and worth the money.
I have the 2012 Vento and it uses 24inch and 16inch wipers. I change them every year (out of habit). Earlier I used to use Hella Dynaedge but this time I am using Bosch Clear Advantage. I am happy with the wipers. They are good, at least for Bangalore rains good enough.

I bought them off Amazon.in. Here are the links

Bosch 3397006502 Clear Advantage 16-inch Wiper Blade for Passenger Cars https://www.amazon.in/dp/B073HCR94L/..._X-oHBbHC8W7BY

Bosch Plastic Clear Advantage, 24-inch (Black, 24-CA) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00R3NFQTW/..._u.oHBb5SXFBY1
Old 28th August 2018, 19:06   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Bought Bosch wipers for our i10, around a month ago. They are already streaking, skitting across and making noise. It was bought from one of the big shops in Mumbai so it's genuine and also has Bosch engraved on the wipers. I would not recommend Bosch wipers to anyone. Please advise, is there any possibility of warranty replacement.
You should probably get the wiper arms alignment checked. If the rubber doesn't make full contact with the windshield, you get the above mentioned problem. Search for videos on youtube on how to do it, it is pretty simple. If that doesn't solve the problem, then you should look at replacing them.
Old 30th August 2018, 16:34   #1332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any other pointers ?
Get the one that comes for the S Cross/ Brezza/ Estilo Vxi. I think it is the same length.

If you're OK with a shorter blade,the one for the new Baleno/ Celerio Zxi/ Swift Zxi will all work.

I see a lot of blades being flicked - WagonR, BR-V and Creta are the most in demand

Last edited by vigsom : 30th August 2018 at 16:37. Reason: last line
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 18:07   #1333
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Get the one that comes for the S Cross/ Brezza/ Estilo Vxi. I think it is the same length.
This is what I got from the MGP store. I think the same part is common across cars in the Maruti range.

WagonR - Rear wiper Assembly
Part No:38340M67L10
Name:BLADE ASSY, REAR WIPER
Price:Rs.254
Old 30th August 2018, 19:30   #1334
Distinguished - BHPian

The WagonR, Estilo , SCross and Brezza have longer blades. Have verified the length of new WagonR blade to be approx 13.5in. plus also saw that there are 2 arcs holding the blade rubber and retainer.

The Celerio zxi ,Swift zxi and Baleno blades are 12 inch in length(shorter).

Checked boodmo and part numbers differ. The cheapest blade of the lot is the one you bought.
Old 30th August 2018, 19:41   #1335
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Checked boodmo and part numbers differ. The cheapest blade of the lot is the one you bought.
I checked the Maruti parts catalog of the WagonR and also on oriparts for my WagonR which is Feb 2016 vintage and found the part number:
http://oriparts.com/7/275/3024/789611

Is/are there alternate part numbers for the wiper ? I believe I got the right one.

Last edited by NPV : 30th August 2018 at 19:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks