Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 12:12   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Any pointers on where I can source a 10" wiper blade for the previous-gen Swift rear wiper ? I guess the older gen had a 10" blade while the newer Swift comes with a 12" blade ?
Its available on Amazon but retails both the arm and the blade together. My arm is fine, just need the blade, as the rubber piece keeps peeling off. I have sourced them from the A.S.S. earlier, for ~500 Rs.
Old 16th June 2017, 12:23   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

I replaced the wiper of my WagonR(1.0) with Minda frameless ones. Have used them for 2 days in low to heavy rains and the performance is very good. A set of 18" and 16" wipers cost me 550 INR. The rubber from my existing wiper blades had torn off. I got from a local accessories shop as I needed them immediately. I believe these could be had for much lesser price.
Old 16th June 2017, 13:09   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I got it today. Pricing ranges from 700/- to 1550/-.

Attachment 1643498
I think they have got the sizes wrong, at least for the Maruti Suzuki Dzire one. My car takes in 22" and 16" wiper blades. Not sure of the other's though
Old 16th June 2017, 14:34   #1189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I think they have got the sizes wrong, at least for the Maruti Suzuki Dzire one. My car takes in 22" and 16" wiper blades. Not sure of the other's though
Possible. Best thing to do is to check that physically at the shop.

How's their quality by the way?
Old 16th June 2017, 14:41   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
How's their quality by the way?
I have no idea, I had a pretty bad experience with Bosch, Hella and one more frameless ones and hence went back to the OE ones for Rs.350 and they have been serving well for the last one year. I intend to stick to OE only for peace of mind.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:21   #1191
BHPian

Hello All,

How good are 3M performance pro frameless wiper blades? I've visited nearby 3M store last week and bought for 1550 Rs by fixing it. However, immediately checked the suitable in the net, it is 24" 16" for Elite i20. But the SE pushing me to go for 22" 16" only as he holds that in stock. When I asked for 24", there was no stock available. But they're looking much better and quality also seems very good. Not tested the wiping part. Got the refund and put back my old wipers returned home with bit disappointment considering that Chennai would receive some good amount of rain upcoming.

Any ownership experiences on this? Or Bosch frameless are better than this?
Old 19th June 2017, 12:55   #1192
Senior - BHPian

I am using Coozo replacement blades in my Swift for the past 4 years, and they are excellent. Good sweep and very silent. Dont see them being as popular or Bosch or 3M here though. They were cheaper than equivalent Bosch too, when I got them. Ordering them again for my rear replacement wiper , from Amazon.

They are available on Amazon today as a part of lightning deal for just 148 bucks.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...=AT95IG9ONZD7S
Old 19th June 2017, 13:21   #1193
BHPian

I have ordered Bosch regular wiper blades for my ecosport to replace the stock. Frameless ones had too many reviews with people reporting minor scratches on windshield. These frameless also costs double than regular one.So,sticking to regular wiper blades. Anyone facing scratch issues with frameless ones.

Last edited by RapidRavi : 19th June 2017 at 13:25.
RapidRavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 16:01   #1194
BHPian

Last year I had swithched to frameless wipers (ordered form Amazon), but my experience with them was not so good. These frameless wiper used to put lot of load on wiper motor assembly and making screeching sound even in heavy rains.

This year went back to OEM's and they are serving pretty well.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 05:51   #1195
BHPian

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

For last monsoons, I used frameless wiper blades for first time. I am not happy with their performance. The force on windshield is not uniform when wiping. Will surely be switching back to conventional blades this season.
JitendraK78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 09:49   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRavi View Post
Anyone facing scratch issues with frameless ones.
I spent close to INR1700 on Hella frame-less wipers for my Fiesta last year. No scratches on the windshields definitely, but their performance is definitely not worth the premium I paid for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
good. These frameless wiper used to put lot of load on wiper motor assembly and making screeching sound even in heavy rains.

This year went back to OEM's and they are serving pretty well.
I drove for 5 continuous hours in the rain yesterday, and I did have a very similar observation. Maybe these wipers are heavy... the stock wiper motors are definitely not very comfortable pushing these around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
For last monsoons, I used frameless wiper blades for first time. I am not happy with their performance. The force on windshield is not uniform when wiping. Will surely be switching back to conventional blades this season.
Hardly a year since I bought these frame-less wipers, and the bigger one of these is already happily streaking during each swipe. Not happy with the value these offer.

Bottom line: If your car was not designed with these frame-less wipers on them, the wiper motor struggles, the cleaning is not very efficient, and this type of wipers are definitely not the best bang for the buck. They just are aesthetically better.
I would go back to the normal wipers when the time comes.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 10:27   #1197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I spent close to INR1700 on Hella frame-less wipers for my Fiesta last year. No scratches on the windshields definitely, but their performance is definitely not worth the premium I paid for them.

Hardly a year since I bought these frame-less wipers, and the bigger one of these is already happily streaking during each swipe. Not happy with the value these offer.

Bottom line: If your car was not designed with these frame-less wipers on them, the wiper motor struggles, the cleaning is not very efficient, and this type of wipers are definitely not the best bang for the buck. They just are aesthetically better.
I would go back to the normal wipers when the time comes.
I concur with you. Even i purchased Hella dynaedge frameless blades just before the start of last monsoon and they started streaking even before December. And they are heavy too! The driver side blade used to jitter on the glass surface after using them in rains for more than half hour. The wiper motor also definitely felt strained since the speed of wiping started to reduce.

Now back on Bosch Eco normal blades this monsoon! Lets see how these fare
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 10:53   #1198
BHPian

oh, thanks for your experiences. I thought (felt) frameless wipers are less heavy comparing to the steel frame wipers. Also, the international model of i20 holds frameless wiper only (would there be any change of wiper motor?). Anyway, still holding my decision to buy the frameless ones from 3M (currently they don't have stock).
Old 20th June 2017, 23:24   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i bought a pair of 'silicon' frameless wipers off amazon for 400 bucks. seems to work fine enough. google tells me silicone is superior to rubber. anyone else have any experience?
So how is it holding up?
Old 21st June 2017, 15:14   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Purchased Power X Frame less wiper blades for my Fortuner and i10 few weeks back through Amazon. Both are holding good till now, but yet to be tested in some heavy conditions and night. My experience with Bosch (with and without frame) for Fortuner was very disappointing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks