Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 18:54   #211
sbm
BHPian

Re: LED Headlamp Bulbs are here! The end of HID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar@v1nd View Post
Hi,

The exact model I bought is "Philips 12953 BW X2 X-Treme Ultinon H4 LED Car Lamp (12V,23W,Set of 2)". It's there on Amazon currently but marked as not available. They cost me around 9.3K when I bought them. These don't have a fan..
In my city, accesories shops have mostly basic accesories. None of the shops I enquired have projector or LED upgrade option so I am on my own with LEDs. Local mechanics do install 90/100W bulbs with relay and infact many recommended the same when I went about asking for LEDs but I am a bit skeptical about higher wattage bulbs.

In which car are you using the 90/100 W bulbs? Does the reflectors heat up a lot and are there any long term effects like blackening of reflectors or melting etc.
Old 19th December 2019, 19:02   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sebring & Sagarpadaki - I hope you guys have gone through the spec sheet for them.

Going by the Spec sheet, the older Ultinon LED is far less brighter than new Ultinon Xtreme. There is a lot of difference in the spec sheet between the two. How much glare each one produces , as well as the beam pattern - i`m not aware though.

The now missing from website - cheap premium vision H4 halogen however is even brighter than this LED, wattage is 60/55, cost just over ~ 100 INR

I did not know this as well, however after using it (12342PRC1) for a while I found it to be the best out there and did some digging afterwards online to find out why.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 00:03   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
In my city, accesories shops have mostly basic accesories. None of the shops I enquired have projector or LED upgrade option so I am on my own with LEDs. Local mechanics do install 90/100W bulbs with relay and infact many recommended the same when I went about asking for LEDs but I am a bit skeptical about higher wattage bulbs.

In which car are you using the 90/100 W bulbs? Does the reflectors heat up a lot and are there any long term effects like blackening of reflectors or melting etc.
I'm using them on my Honda city 3rd gen (2011 model). Been using them only for a few months now so not able to comment on long term effects. Heating is definitely higher compared to LEDs or normal wattage halogens.
ar@v1nd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 08:11   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar@v1nd View Post
I'm using them on my Honda city 3rd gen (2011 model). Been using them only for a few months now so not able to comment on long term effects. Heating is definitely higher compared to LEDs or normal wattage halogens.
How's the output of 90/100 compared to stock?
I have the same car and the low beam is pathetic, you can't see anything. High beam is okay but you miss the lighting on the immediate front and sides of the car.
Old 20th December 2019, 10:17   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who are looking for Yellow color LED's for headlamps/fog lamps, i would highly recommend the below ones. They are one of the best on aliexpress in my opinion.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 17:26   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
How's the output of 90/100 compared to stock?
I have the same car and the low beam is pathetic, you can't see anything. High beam is okay but you miss the lighting on the immediate front and sides of the car.
Definitely much better than stock. After upgrading to 100/90, high beam is much better than stock or LEDs. Low beam is also better than stock but still not 100% satisfied. I think low beam on LEDs was a bit better than the 100/90.

I dont know if it's a problem with the reflectors on this particular car, but I always felt that with LEDs, the high beam was a bit out of focus while with 100/90 halogen, the focus is perfect.
ar@v1nd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 11:57   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the gen 2 version of the Philips Xtreme Ultinon available in accessory stores in India? Any idea on the MRP? I dont see it available on Amazon.

Only the gen 1 is available and that is listed at Rs 13,400 which is a lot higher than the Rs 9.5K to 10K price that I have heard people pay for it.
Old 30th July 2020, 12:09   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Is the gen 2 version of the Philips Xtreme Ultinon available in accessory stores in India? Any idea on the MRP? I dont see it available on Amazon.

Only the gen 1 is available and that is listed at Rs 13,400 which is a lot higher than the Rs 9.5K to 10K price that I have heard people pay for it.
Looks like the product is unavailable currently:
https://www.amazon.in/Philips-X-trem.../dp/B07LG7Y821

Maybe you can just wait and watch if the product comes back on sale again. I am guessing it could be due to some disruptions in logistics due to these lockdowns, etc.

I picked it up from the official Philips store on Amazon, at around 10k but that was during the pre-covid era in November or December last year - not sure if mine is gen 1 or gen 2, I've misplaced the box now . You may seldom find these readily available in local accessory shops because the price is an inhibiting factor for the aam junta crowd, and the shops prefer to stock the fast moving cheaper alternatives instead, in the LED portfolio.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:40   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

For my Jawa 42, I had ordered these LED bulbs in 4300K from Aliexpress. I had placed the order on Mar 16th and finally I got these on July 29th! Deliveries from Aliexpress are really delayed.
Though now after the China incident I am trying to avoid China products as much as possible, but there are so many things which are just not made in India yet. These LED bulbs are really good and use a 4300K Cree chip and work very well in the reflector of my Jawa 42. The light output is 2.5x of OE and beam spread is also good. High beam is also well focused and concentrated as it should be.
LED Headlamp Bulbs are here! The end of HID?-screenshot_20200730123417.jpg

The link is:
http://a.aliexpress.com/_dTTFTYZ
The company (seller) name is Yotonlight. I feel that they are worth it for people who are looking for H4 Leds for a reflector setup in 4300K.
Unfortunately they don't seem to be shipping to India currently, but possibly will restart once things improve.
They are also available in other variants such as hb3, h7 and h11 etc.

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th July 2020 at 12:45.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks