Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2019, 20:16   #151
BHPian

Re: Shadow problem is solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
We have installed OSRAM Xenon H7 kit in the low beam and the shadow was prominent.
Yesterday the bulb was rotated 180 degrees and the issue is solved.

For enabling rotation, little bit grinding was done on the bulb opposite to the notch.
Does your HID in low beam switch off when you use the dipper at night? Also, I asked my dealer for rotating the HID but he is saying if i grind the sides then it won't fit in the holder. Still stuck with shadow problem
Old 4th September 2019, 22:32   #152
BHPian

There is no issue in grinding the side, please refer the photo already shared.

I hope you are referring to head light flashing by 'dipper at night'. Then, yes, While flashing the low beam switches off and high beam comes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_7 View Post
Does your HID in low beam switch off when you use the dipper at night? Also, I asked my dealer for rotating the HID but he is saying if i grind the sides then it won't fit in the holder. Still stuck with shadow problem
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 05:40   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
There is no issue in grinding the side, please refer the photo already shared.

I hope you are referring to head light flashing by 'dipper at night'. Then, yes, While flashing the low beam switches off and high beam comes on.
Yes you are correct. This didn't happen with the standard factory bulbs so was surprised to see that happening with the HID's where the wiring is the same as standard bulbs. Also, if I rotate the HID's and fit like you have done will the headlight leveler function still work?
Old 5th September 2019, 09:13   #154
BHPian

Re: XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem

Headlight level is not affected with anything you do to the bulb, that is an independent function.So you can go ahead and grind the bulbs and rotate them. I had a similar issue with my LED's and rotating them solved the issue to a very great extent.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 02:00   #155
BHPian

If you really want to rotate the bulbs, why not go for H7B type Bulbs from Morimoto instead. You wouldn't have to grind out anything and in case you're sourcing from RetroRides in Gurgaon, they'll even offer a warranty.
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 07:20   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
If you really want to rotate the bulbs, why not go for H7B type Bulbs from Morimoto instead. You wouldn't have to grind out anything and in case you're sourcing from RetroRides in Gurgaon, they'll even offer a warranty.
Problem is I purchased my Osrams from a shop in Bhikaji Cama place, Delhi. Not sure if he will swap the Osrams for the Morimotos. You are correct though and once I saw the pictures of H7A and H7B I understood the difference. New learning . Any idea on the prices of Morimotos.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-screenshot_20190908071551.jpg  

racer_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 15:28   #157
BHPian

I am also looking for headlight upgrade for my XUV500. Where can i get this done in Bangalore?

Please recommend a place & any reference
Old 21st September 2019, 15:04   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_7 View Post
Not sure if he will swap the Osrams for the Morimotos. You are correct though and once I saw the pictures of H7A and H7B I understood the difference. New learning . Any idea on the prices of Morimotos.
Given that you used Osram H7s, you can easily do the swap yourself. Price should be around 3k. Not sure though.

Do share your experience once you make the change.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:16   #159
BHPian

Does Nexon comes with Auto light setup ?

I am looking for an answer where the H7 setup comes with auto light setup.

Basically XUV500 auto light function turns on the low beam ( with projector setup) the moment its dark enough to use lights. And if you flash the lights, the high beam comes up momentarily without touching the low beam. This case can be ideal for HID since once they are powered on they are not disturbed.

However, when lights used in manual mode, while flashing the low beam cuts off showing only high beam unless you put on high beam which will lit up both low and high beam until moved to low beam.

I was wondering how HID works in manual mode since it may take some time to get fully lit after you flash the lights. Is this so ?

Experts your view please. This is the reason I am yet to try HID on my XUV.
Old 25th September 2019, 19:35   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
I was wondering how HID works in manual mode since it may take some time to get fully lit after you flash the lights. Is this so ?

NO. HID takes time to warm up when it is cold. Once warmed up, flashing doesn't reduce brightness.
Old 27th September 2019, 17:48   #161
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and had the headlights upgraded for my beast. Here is how it looks
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-whatsapp-image-20190926-21.18.09.jpeg
rave20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 07:29   #162

Sorry for picking this topic bit late. I had a similar experience when I tried upgrading the low beam of my 2016 model XUV in Bangalore. Two vertical lines right in the middle. I switched back to the original lights.

In my recent visit to my native place, Coimbatore, I decided to check on this with Sun combines, a place known for its accessories and customization. I showed them the photo I had taken with my previous conversion. To my surprise, they said they had never seen this problem in any of their HID conversions and assured that it will be a smooth conversion. Bit skeptical, I asked if we can just fix the bulbs (without fixing the whole kit) and check. The agreed and it worked ! Had my low beam converted to HID within 30 minutes. Absolutely no modifications / adjustments done. Just plug and play...

My high beam is not HID - just a bulb upgrade to Night breakers.

Drop me an email if you need more information.
1. The kit I used - costed me 12K

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-001.jpg

2. Low beam HID 5500K

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-002.jpg

3. With High beam night breaker 4300K

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-003.jpg
Viswa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 20:23   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Update from Mahindra:

Got an email today morning from customer care on the queries I had posted to them and looks like we have to live with the shadow or only chance is to try OSRAM and if it works fine then all is good.

Email extract from customer care on my queries:

If I get a chance to try on OSRAM HID will buy them, else I might go ahead and install the HID's back again and live with the shadows. Thinking under process
Please refer to my post on this....
Old 8th January 2020, 14:01   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Has anyone used Quaden HID kit for fog lamps? Heard from a store that some XUV owners had fog lamps converted into HID due to Shadow effect in low beam. It's costs 7k. Any pointers??
I have been using this for more than a year. Result is amazing. No issues with lighting. But, I am not able to use this in any 2 lane roads. Opposite vehicles mainly two wheelers are complaining that about their visibility due to my fog lamp lights. So, stopped using in 2 lane roads.

I use this only during 4 lane highways. No complaints.

Today, i am going to move this to low beam and see how this goes. Have to shell INR 2000+ for low beam bulbs. Let me share some pics of before and after today.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 14:45   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I have been using this for more than a year. Result is amazing. No issues with lighting. But, I am not able to use this in any 2 lane roads. Opposite vehicles mainly two wheelers are complaining that about their visibility due to my fog lamp lights. So, stopped using in 2 lane roads.
So I'm asking this on behalf of a friend who wants to do this on his XUV500. Have you installed round projectors in your XUV500's fog lamp housing? Did you get a good shroud to cover that? Or you have installed HIDs in the stock reflectors? Could you please share some pictures of the installation? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks