Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2018, 15:02   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi Rahul, these are H11 right? And did you try using these on low beam? Since they look so bright it would work great in low beam dont you think? Also how are they performing till now, happy with them?

Sorry for so many questions.
No formalities, we all are here to guide each other.

Yes these are H11 led bulbs. I have tried same quality H7 bulbs in low beam but I was not satisfied in real driving conditions. Currently using Philips 130+ for the low beam and it's much better than the stock Osram.

I would suggest you to use LEDs for fog lamps as the combination with low beam are giving excellent results. Many a times within the city limits i don't use low beam at all.

As the fog lamps lie low they don't cause any trouble for incoming traffic too, and the light intensity is completely on the road.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 17:24   #122
Team-BHP Support

Re: XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
No formalities, we all are here to guide each other.

Yes these are H11 led bulbs. I have tried same quality H7 bulbs in low beam but I was not satisfied in real driving conditions. Currently using Philips 130+ for the low beam and it's much better than the stock Osram.

I would suggest you to use LEDs for fog lamps as the combination with low beam are giving excellent results. Many a times within the city limits i don't use low beam at all.

As the fog lamps lie low they don't cause any trouble for incoming traffic too, and the light intensity is completely on the road.
Just to understand your setup, you are saying that you have put H11 LEDs in the space for Fog lamps without any need for modifications etc. Is that right? Its plug and play? You did not even need to upgrade the fuse for the fog lamps supply?
Old 18th May 2018, 17:39   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Just to understand your setup, you are saying that you have put H11 LEDs in the space for Fog lamps without any need for modifications etc. Is that right? Its plug and play? You did not even need to upgrade the fuse for the fog lamps supply?
It's cent percent plug and play. No modifications required at all. H11 is the holder type of the bulbs.
Old 18th May 2018, 17:44   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's cent percent plug and play. No modifications required at all. H11 is the holder type of the bulbs.
Yes yes... H11 holder type is fine. So you are saying that its cent percent plug and play. Hmmm. Time to try then. By the way do you get temperature choices in this make? I would rather not get white if possible because the headlights are yellow light and it looks odd when the headlights and the fogs throw different temperature lights.

PS: When you ordered through AliExpress did the consignment get caught by the customs? I was recently told by a fellow mod that now apparently the customs are catching hold of all the bulb and lighting consignments coming in from AliExpress and slapping customs duty.

Last edited by Zappo : 18th May 2018 at 17:46.
Old 18th May 2018, 17:58   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Yes yes... H11 holder type is fine. So you are saying that its cent percent plug and play. Hmmm. Time to try then. By the way do you get temperature choices in this make? I would rather not get white if possible because the headlights are yellow light and it looks odd when the headlights and the fogs throw different temperature lights.

PS: When you ordered through AliExpress did the consignment get caught by the customs? I was recently told by a fellow mod that now apparently the customs are catching hold of all the bulb and lighting consignments coming in from AliExpress and slapping customs duty.
The combination of white led and normal halogens from low beam is good combination. Even yellow LEDs are available but the colour is very different from halogens. So basically only two colour choices.

I keep ordering lot of stuffs from this app and touch wood all has reached me safely, though takes a month or so to reach atleast.
Old 1st June 2018, 14:06   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would rather not get white if possible because the headlights are yellow light and it looks odd when the headlights and the fogs throw different temperature lights.

So did you buy this bulb? I too am planning to get this one, but have same issue like yours. Low beam with standard bulbs will feel odd with these white LED's (purely by looks).
Old 3rd June 2018, 21:42   #127
BHPian

Hi everyone. Those who confused with the light temperature difference in fog light and low beam, i have just clicked few pictures to lessen the confusion.

With only fog light.
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1528042222646.jpg

With fog light and low beam.

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1528042888601.jpg

With fog light low beam and high beam.
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-1528042930580.jpg

To give you an idea, the front wall is approx. 20 metres.

Last edited by ajmat : 19th July 2018 at 13:39.
Old 5th June 2018, 21:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With fog light and low beam.
Hi rahul. What we meant was for an onlooker from front, white fog and yellow low beam might look odd (just look wise). So if possible can you click a pic from front with low beams and fog on?

And thanks for these pics. They look fine as low beam is weak( xuv trademark &#128513 compared to those LED's.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 22:52   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi rahul. What we meant was for an onlooker from front, white fog and yellow low beam might look odd (just look wise). So if possible can you click a pic from front with low beams and fog on?

And thanks for these pics. They look fine as low beam is weak( xuv trademark &#128513 compared to those LED's.
Ya i will surely click from front and post it. It might look odd to onlookers but very comfortable from the drivers seat to drive at night specially in hills too and that's what matters more.
Old 19th July 2018, 13:22   #130
BHPian

Re: Shadow problem is solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
We have installed OSRAM Xenon H7 kit in the low beam and the shadow was prominent.
Yesterday the bulb was rotated 180 degrees and the issue is solved.

For enabling rotation, little bit grinding was done on the bulb opposite to the notch.
I was extremely frustrated with the headlights on my 4500 kms road trip (Bangalore - Varanasi - Lucknow - Bangalore) especially when it was raining. After coming back as the car was due for 2nd service, I took it to Shireesh Auto, Hosur Road and got Osram HID 4500K installed. There was a prominent vertical shadow but HIDs were way better than the stock lamps. Shireesh Motors' guy was not willing to rotate. I got the rotation done at my next door auto accessories shop. The shop is small but does a very careful job. After the rotation the HIDs work like magic. I also installed Philips Ultinon H7 for the high beam and H16s for the fog lamps. I end up driving in bad roads so better illumination is always useful.

1st picture is with low beams HID after the rotation. You can see no shadow.
2nd picture is with both low beam HID and high beam H7 LED
3rd Picture is both high and low beams with H16 fogs.

Pictures don't do justice to the actual illumination. For regular driving just the OSRAM 4500 K HIDs are good enough.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-hid-rotated.jpg  

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-h7-led-high-beam.jpg  

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-h16.jpg  

vivekshukla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 20:06   #131
Senior - BHPian

After a long break, I have again put back the HIDs - Morimoto ones for now. The detailed observations noted here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4446701

The point I wanted to reiterate is that - having tried multiple combinations it is safely concluded that shadow lines cannot be avoided unless you trim the bulb base and turn around to fix. Also, the relay is important to have the bulbs work flawlessly in the AUTO light mode. And lastly - the HIDs are best lights from all perspectives. My hunt for better light ends here!
Old 6th September 2018, 11:51   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the question.
Wanted to ask you this since your post went live but wasn't a member back then and had no other way of contacting you.
Before purchasing just wanted to re-confirm the holder type as the manual says H8 as the holder type.

Screenshot of the manual.
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-2011-xuv-manual.png

Am I missing something here? or are the H8 and H11 holders equivalent to each other?

Thanks in advance.
PS I have also attached a PDF copy of the owners manual which I have downloaded from the internet.

Regards.
Sahil.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf xuv500_owners_manual.pdf (11.46 MB, 4304 views)
Old 6th September 2018, 12:13   #133
BHPian

H8 and H11 bulbs are near to almost identical and at most if required you can file down the tabs with a small file.
In my case they fit straight on with no filling required. In-fact Phillips leds are h8 and h11 compatible so as you can see they are the same or else Phillips would have sold them both separate.

Hope this helps. You can further read on this on google if you so desire.
scorpian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 12:52   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post

Before purchasing just wanted to re-confirm the holder type as the manual says H8 as the holder type.
Ya it's better to confirm then to regret post purchase. You go ahead with your purchase as it is same holder. H8 and H11 are same.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:12   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Ya it's better to confirm then to regret post purchase. You go ahead with your purchase as it is same holder. H8 and H11 are same.
After advice from fellow BHPian @rahul_kej I ordered the same set of lights for my 2012 XUV5OO on 12th September 2018. Finally it reached my doorstep on 9th October.
Was in for a surprise when the Postman landed up at my house without informing and was asked to pay Rs. 742 as customs charge. So now in total I had to shell out 1800+740 for the lights.
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-20181009_134858.jpg
With that said I am totally Ok! with the amount as far as the output of the lights are worth it(hopefully).
Will get them installed today and report back with the output.
Thanks for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-img_20181009_195503a.jpg  

XUV500 with HID setup - And a shadow problem-whatsapp-image-20181009-21.16.34.jpeg  

Most Viewed