Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 10:08   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pu5han View Post
Got mine today and installed it on our MS Alto. Seems to be good, have to see rain durability/performance.
While opening rear door, it is scraping the front door edge protector (after repeated fitting/hammering), any suggestions for it?
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
So far so good, I have had it on the car for like 10 days. Long term reliability I can't comment upon. It is made of rubber and is primarily a door edge protector. This protects the doors from getting scratched and chipped. I have tried many other products in my Ciaz and was not entirely satisfied so trying this out.

Caveat that i always like to remember regarding getting door protectors. It will protect your car door edges as well as those cars parked next to yours in malls / public spaces, but unless the car parked next to yours has the same your car is not guaranteed of not being scratched when doors are opened.
Hows the quality and long term experience? I am thinking about getting it for my white Creta. Thanks
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 20:09   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone tried this kind of phone holder ? Feedback please,

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-phone-holder.jpg

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by condor : 23rd August 2022 at 20:37.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 21:28   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Attachment 2349915

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I had tried it in my Triber, but it blocked the view of the middle and left, so had to not use it. Haven't tried it in any other car I have owned. May not work in cars with sloped windscreens and short (not too high) field of view. Not sure about SUV category of vehicles.
AdityaDeane is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 18:54   #259
Senior - BHPian

I had been on the look out for a right-sized pouch to keep all of the car cleaning kit in the boot (the mug too since the car cleaners forever help themselves to mine) and got a set of shoe covers with this end in mind.
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20220904_125604226.night.jpg

With a full length zip it easily swallows all my stuff, just need to be careful while opening
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20220904_125512977.night.jpg

They are also thin and tall, occupying an unassuming corner of the boot with minimal footprint.
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20220904_125811672.jpg

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 4th September 2022 at 18:57.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 19:44   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Bought this from Amazon and used it for about 1 month. Never going to buy another one.
Reasons:
1. Obstructs view
2. On bad roads gets very shaky
3. Always paranoid about the phone falling off into the brake/clutch well

Pls use an alternative like magnetic mount from spigen. Much better, though costlier
vandemanw is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 11:53   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I had been on the look out for a right-sized pouch to keep all of the car cleaning kit in the boot (the mug too since the car cleaners forever help themselves to mine) and got a set of shoe covers with this end in mind.
Attachment 2354802

With a full length zip it easily swallows all my stuff, just need to be careful while opening
Attachment 2354803

They are also thin and tall, occupying an unassuming corner of the boot with minimal footprint.
Attachment 2354804

Hi may I please request the name of the pouch or a link to the product please? Thank you.
Old 8th October 2022, 12:46   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
Hi may I please request the name of the pouch or a link to the product please? Thank you.
It was hyperlinked in my earlier post, nonetheless sharing it here
GeeTee TSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 12:48   #263
BHPian

Thank you very much and I apologise for missing it.
Old 7th April 2023, 23:02   #264
BHPian

I was on the lookout for a sun shade for the windshield of my Safari, but, most were not easy to store. Finally found this model (Amazon Link). I found it to be quite good in terms of covering the windshield (pic attached), and easy to store (as it is the size of a large umbrella and can be stowed in the door pockets).

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-whatsapp-image-20230407-22.56.34.jpeg
Aiel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 12:36   #265
BHPian

Dear Team BHP ians,

I've made a booking for Tata Altroz XZA+ DCA in Royal Blue colour. Expecting delivery in another 10 days. Already started a thread in the Assembly Line with guidance from GTO. Will try to cover everything related to my purchase and share the long term term reviews as well.

In search for the accessories. Below are my choices with links, where applicable. Kindly give feedback on the same and suggest alternatives where required.

Accessories:

Since i've chosen the XZA+ variant, there is no much scope for accessories. Here is the list of the accessories i opted for:
  • 7D premium mats - INR 7,843/-
  • 3D Trunk mat - INR 3,014/-
  • Mud Flaps - INR 911/-
  • Scuff Plate LED (Front two doors only) - INR 3,586/- - Not interested in this costly one, as it covers only front 2 doors. No protection for rear
  • Body side molding - INR 3,264/-
  • Door Visor - INR 3,276/-
  • Door Edge guards - Free (as i jokingly asked for discount)
  • Body cover - INR 2,329
  • Premium Ceramic Coating + Under Chassis treatment + Engine coating + Silencer coating - INR 25,000/-
Toal sum - INR 24,623/-
Discount - INR 5,000/- (for instant booking made)
Showroom discount - 10%
Premium Ceramic Coating + Under Chassis treatment + Engine coating + Silencer coating - INR 25,000/-
Total amount: INR 42,660/-

Kindly advise if any other things need to be included from the dealership. Also suggest some useful accessories which will make sense in long term

I've thought of the following:
  • Door Sill/Foot Step Stainless Steel Plates Set of 4 for for Tata Altroz - INR 899/- (from Amazon)
  • Keyzone® Striped Silicone Key Cover Compatible for Tata Nexon, Harrier, Altroz, Tigor BS6, Punch, Safari 2021, Safari Gold 4 Button Smart Key (Blue with Blue Striped Keychain) - INR 549/- (from Amazon)
  • FABTEC Car Bumper Scratch Guard Strong & Durable Bumper Protector/Bumper Guard Compatible with All Cars (Carbon Style) (Black, Set of 4) | Polyvinyl Chloride - INR 279/- (from Amazon)
  • Kelenate® (Red) 20Pcs Strong Reflective Arrow Decals for Car High-Intensity Night Visibility Diamond Grade Reflective Stickers Safety Warning Waterproof Compatible with Altroz - INR 245/- (from Amazon)
  • US1984 Car High Intensity Reflective Sticker Warning Safety Reflector Strips Universal Car Truck Bumper Reflective Stickers 5 pcs set - 90x3.5 cm (Red) - INR 359/- (from Amazon)
  • FOVERA Orthopedic Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion for Tailbone, Sciatica, Lower Back Pain Relief - Contoured Cushion for Office/Home Chair, Wheelchair (L-Above 80Kg Weight, Mesh Black, Pack of 1) - INR 1,249/- (from Amazon)
  • ShineXPro Microfiber Car Cleaning Cloth - OG Soft 500 GSM Extra Large (35x75 CM) Microfiber Cloth for Car and Bike - Suede Edging for Scratchless Drying and Detailing (Pack of 2) - INR 498/- (from Amazon)
  • HSR Car Accessories in 10PCS/1Set Car Wiper Detergent Effervescent Tablets Washer Auto Windshield Cleaner Glass Wash Cleaning Tablets - INR 159/- (from Amazon)
  • Jopasu Car Duster Combo - INR 985/- (from Amazon)
  • ROYAGO Cotton Universal Car Seat Belt Strap Pad for Adults and Children, Helps Protect Your Neck and Shoulder (Black) - 2 Pack - INR 407/- (from Amazon)
  • Careflection Car Door Reflective Warning Sticker (Red), Plastic - INR 189/- (from Amazon)
  • Petrol Sticker for Car Fuel Tank, self Adhesive Vinyl and Reflective Sticker(13cm X 12cm) - INR 98/- (from Amazon)
  • Automaze U Shape Edge Trim Rubber Strip Seal Protector Car Door Edge Guards for Most Cars (16 ft/5 m, Black) - INR 499/- (from Amazon)
  • 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam, 2.7K, ADAS, Built-in GPS Logger, Route Recorder, App Playback & Share, Optional Parking Monitoring - INR 11,299/- (from Amazon)

Optional after sometime:
  • Allextreme EXFTCOT1 Universal PU Leather Auto Car Seat Back Organizer with Foldable Dining Table Tray, Multipocket Storage Tablet, Bottle and Tissue Paper Holder (Tan) - INR 682/- (from Amazon)
  • STHIRA® Car Mesh Organizer 3-Layer, Dog Net Between Car Seats,Barrier Backseat Mesh Net for Cars &Trunk, Upgraded Car Netting Bag,Driver Storage Netting Pouch,Automotive Seat Back Organizers (3-Layer) - INR 599/- (from Amazon)
  • EYUVAA LABEL Polyester Tetron Car Trunk Organizer, Backseat Hanging Car Dikki With 8 Close Pockets, 4 Net Pockets, Super Capacity For Daily Car Necessities For All Suvs, Van, Hatchback Cars (Black) - INR 569/- (from Amazon)
  • 4 Pack Car Knee Cushion Pad, Car Armrest Cushion, Auto Center Console Side Knee Leg Elbow Cushion Soft Pad, Elastic Thigh Support Comfort Pillow Knee Pain Relief Leaning Pad Car Interior Accessories - INR 1099/- (from Amazon)
ssathiyanarayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 17:16   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
IN-016 : Storage Nets

Then there are cargo nets / boot organizers of various sizes
http://s.aliexpress.com/nENF7RNf
Price : 457-00
I'm looking out for a plain cargo net for Crysta which has hook for top side. Checked Amazon, Flipkart and couldn't get proper one. Can someone share the product which doesn't require to put hole or screw?
Old 18th October 2023, 08:44   #267
BHPian

Anyone has any luck with a decent aftermarket ticket holder that one can paste on the windscreen? I have an entry exit sticker for a property but with the full address mentioned on it, I don't want to stick it permanently on the windshield.
I am looking for something like this https://www.amazon.in/CALANDIS-Winds...s%2C205&sr=8-7 however there are mostly bad reviews for similar items on Amazon.
Old 22nd October 2023, 14:07   #268
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

I own a Ford Aspire which doesn't have any lights at the rear. Now I have come across many of the magnetic dome lights but I am worried about leaving them in the car during summer afternoons when the inside temperature can reach upto 80°C. Do you guys know of any such product(s) which can withstand these high temperatures?

Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2023, 16:59   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hey guys,

I own a Ford Aspire which doesn't have any lights at the rear. Now I have come across many of the magnetic dome lights but I am worried about leaving them in the car during summer afternoons when the inside temperature can reach upto 80°C. Do you guys know of any such product(s) which can withstand these high temperatures?

Thanks.
80 degrees!! are you serious? I really doubt that car interiors would reach that temperature even in peak summer. A lot of other stuff would melt in car if that was true.

Today's cars have many electronics so if they can withstand the summer temperatures ( whatever max they are), so can an aftermarket light.

Suggest you check again what are possible temperatures and then check for the tolerance on the product.
Old 22nd October 2023, 19:55   #270
BHPian

Hi All, any recommendations for back and neck support while driving (XUV700). Options available online are confusing me as most of them have similar description. Lumbar support option adjustment available on driver's seat is not useful for my case (long running back issue). I intend to use these all the time whenever I'm driving. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks