Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2020, 22:22   #211
BHPian

Re: Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
This looks really nice. I have seen this for the first time.
Doest it really work what it is supposed to do ?
Whats the quality like ?
So far so good, I have had it on the car for like 10 days. Long term reliability I can't comment upon. It is made of rubber and is primarily a door edge protector. This protects the doors from getting scratched and chipped. I have tried many other products in my Ciaz and was not entirely satisfied so trying this out.

Caveat that i always like to remember regarding getting door protectors. It will protect your car door edges as well as those cars parked next to yours in malls / public spaces, but unless the car parked next to yours has the same your car is not guaranteed of not being scratched when doors are opened.
Mile10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 20:37   #212
BHPian

Car Charger for Nexon?

Hello,

I have been looking for car charger for my new Nexon and would appreciate any suggestions. Until now I have bought 2 chargers and both fits very lose in the socket. While I have no issue with its charging function which is as expected, I am looking for something that's tight fitting. When I pull the charging cable, I only want the cable to come out and not charger unit along with it. Am I asking too much?

My old Alto had a charger which was tight fitting. Not sure if this is an issue with the socket of Nexon.

Last edited by Shrey_1520 : 16th August 2020 at 20:57. Reason: Corrected spelling
Shrey_1520 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 20:23   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Hello,

I have been looking for car charger for my new Nexon and would appreciate any suggestions. Until now I have bought 2 chargers and both fits very lose in the socket.
I've used Blaupunkt and Mi chargers until now on my Maruti Ritz. Both let go of cables easily. The Mi 18w Qualcomm charger is built much better and I bought two of them for my brother too who uses them in his Tata Indigo and Maruti 800. He's pretty happy with them.
creative420 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 22:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
The Mi 18w Qualcomm charger is built much better....
Yes, while I really liked the MI Qualcomm charger which I had bought first, it was a loose fit. So returned it. After trying couple of chargers, I now feel its the socket in Nexon which is wider by some millimetres. :(

I might eventually try some thing like this, If I don't manage to find any.

Shrey_1520 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 12:31   #215
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What would be a recommended backseat organiser for Creta. We have re-started our road journeys and need a organiser to keep a tissue box, mobiles etc. A lot of options available in amazon but i am sceptical on build quality as there are no reviews.
Old 19th October 2020, 15:59   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Just ordered two of these. Will be a life saver in case of an emergency.

AmazonBasics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer - 2-Pack
This is at Rs.199 today.

https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-S...s%2C339&sr=8-1

A must have accessory.
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 15:18   #217
BHPian

Ordered set of 6 detailing brushes during amazon sale for 530 Inr.
Have tried 1 brush so far to clean the lug nut area and it did a good job.
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-20201106_095423.jpg  

Artyom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 20:40   #218
BHPian

I am planning to put the door and weather seal strip. Any pointers on which is a good one and are they universal fits? I have a 2010 FIGO...
sumathindra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 21:59   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I am planning to put the door and weather seal strip. Any pointers on which is a good one and are they universal fits? I have a 2010 FIGO...
Can you share the options you have shortlisted.
Since both of them are installed with 2 way stickers, all you need to see is that the sticker is of good quality. Peeling it off and sticking it back should not reduce the adhesion.
Old 12th January 2021, 17:18   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
I got these Door Edge Protection Strip from Amazon recently for my White Crysta. Must say the product was beyond my expectations and looks quite neat while offering adequate protection to the doors.

Price: Rs 499
Link:https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Got mine today and installed it on our MS Alto. Seems to be good, have to see rain durability/performance.
While opening rear door, it is scraping the front door edge protector (after repeated fitting/hammering), any suggestions for it?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-img_0791.jpg  

pu5han is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 23:14   #221
BHPian

I stumbled across tapes for the door sill guards. (Just sticking tape where the metal guard will be, serving a similar purpose). Is this any good? Or should I go for the metal ones?
gusfring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 21:58   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
What would be a recommended backseat organiser for Creta. We have re-started our road journeys and need a organiser to keep a tissue box, mobiles etc. A lot of options available in amazon but i am sceptical on build quality as there are no reviews.
Hey..did you get any back seat organizer? I am also confused. Amazon has so many options but reviews are mixed.
amitshippie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 01:28   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Got a pack of these. Good and functional.

Electomania® Pack of 100Pcs Valve Dust Caps,Tire Caps Valve Stem Caps Tyre Valve Dust Caps Dustproof Tire Cap for Car, Motorbike, Trucks, Bike and Bi https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07C5LMCNZ/..._ySPJXuXY19KHt
100qty is quite a lot. You should prolly open a stall at the next t-bhp meet and distribute them in conical paper wraps like peanuts. If you can find old question papers or even exam answer sheets to roll-wrap, it will add a touch of authenticity.

I got this “360 Degree Rear View Mirror (Black, Small)” mirror with a suction cup for windshield and its great! Ordered a second one for the passenger side. Now with the right positioning on the windshield, I can see all the vehicles that exit out of view of the rear view mirror at a 315 to 360 degree angle at a glance while looking straight ahead. I placed it at the top right corner of my windshield a little up and out of the main view of the road ahead. The only hitch - looking at it when car is moving at speed gives a sense of giddiness and vertigo. Great when taking slow speed turns though or exiting the parking lane.

If you have kids in the backseat - it’s great to keep an eye on them, or even glance at your passengers face without turning your neck as you talk. It’s all in how and where you position it.
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-9195207828764faca982223841377b34.jpeg  

Last edited by Ragul : 13th June 2021 at 01:37.
Ragul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:38   #224
Senior - BHPian

Fitted a blind spot mirror on top of IRVM so that now it is a conversation mirror! This way I can keep an eye on my baby who sits at the back of the car. I used a plastic plate to stick it behind the IRVM and then stuck a blind spot mirror bought from Mr. DIY shop, both using a 3M double sided tape.

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20210831_1036291162.jpg
ani_meher is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 08:25   #225
Senior - BHPian

I used to find the cabin lighting poor in the Polo and practically nil in the rear, thanks to a single dome light only in the front

For a while I attached an Olight usb chargeable light to the car key chain (which proved quite useful beyond the car) but the need did not get addressed fully

Recently came across this wonderful product from IKEA, a battery powered touch operated yellow LED spot light (essentially a wardrobe light) and attached it to the rear grab handle
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20211114_022319732.jpg
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20211114_022326521.jpg

The jaw is sturdy and the spring loaded grab handle does not sag under its weight either, nor were any rattles observed. Right side rear passengers need to be mindful of this contraption though, especially while using the grab handle.

Results before and after speak for themselves
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20211109_015717759.jpg
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-pxl_20211109_015712083.jpg
GeeTee TSI is offline   (29) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks