Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 23:10   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
The beam output looks nice!
One question, do you have a separate switch for Hi/Lo control for projector or does it work with the Hi/Lo combination stick that's for the headlamp?
I have not installed a separate switch. Stock fog lamp switch is used to power the projector. High beam and low beam connection is integrated with stock headlights.

I have connected in such a way that I can switch on or off Micro when headlight is in low beam. But at high beam, both Micro projector and Stock HL projector would be in high beam.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 23:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have S-Cross Alpha and it comes with stock bixenon projectors.
Cheers!!
Hi, why not opt for the Micro DE against this? Any feedback?
Old 15th December 2016, 23:25   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
XP Micro is a bixenon projector and it's waterproof too. Output is much more better than Micro DE. XP Micro has a very powerful highbeam with well centred hotspot. This helps in long distance visibility.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 12:31   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

XP Micro Feedback after driving 2500 KM

I am very happy with the output. I had little doubts regarding sturdiness of lens, water and dust proof claims. Xp micros have taken the abuse well on all kinds of driving conditions. There is not even a single scratch. Also its really water and dust proof. Posting pics of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170113wa0017.jpg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170113wa0018.jpg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170113wa0019.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th January 2017 at 12:36.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 02:00   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Mr. Warun from Hyderabad for sending the output shots of XP Micro on his S-Cross!!

Low Beam :

Stock headlight
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170120wa0011.jpg

XP Micro
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170120wa0008.jpg

Stock HL + XP Micro
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170120wa0013.jpg

High Beam :

Stock headlight
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170120wa0012.jpg

XP Micro: Look at the massive difference in output these small micros do
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170120wa0009.jpg

Stock HL + XP Micro
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170120wa0014.jpg

This is the 5 th S-Cross Alpha to get XP Micro installed and surprisingly all were 1.6. Yes, 1.6 S-Cross badly deserves better light. What's power without control?
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 09:34   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Mr. Warun from Hyderabad for sending the output shots of XP Micro on his S-Cross!!

Low Beam :

Stock headlight
Attachment 1597179

XP Micro
Attachment 1597185

Stock HL + XP Micro
Attachment 1597186

High Beam :

Stock headlight
Attachment 1597183

XP Micro: Look at the massive difference in output these small micros do
Attachment 1597184

Stock HL + XP Micro
Attachment 1597181

This is the 5 th S-Cross Alpha to get XP Micro installed and surprisingly all were 1.6. Yes, 1.6 S-Cross badly deserves better light. What's power without control?
Do you realize that you are blinding people who at the height of 25-30 ft from the ground? The high beam is reaching 2nd floor of the building in front, which by the way, is quite far away. While I agree these lights have power, I disagree that these are in control.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:15   #37
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Do you realize that you are blinding people who at the height of 25-30 ft from the ground? The high beam is reaching 2nd floor of the building in front, which by the way, is quite far away. While I agree these lights have power, I disagree that these are in control.
The lows are perfectly aligned, it's only the high beam that's pointing a little above, but a sensible driver will know when to use and avoid the highs.
rbp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:21   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While I agree these lights have power, I disagree that these are in control.
I disagree. Its well within control and fully practical. And nobody is going to run only on high beam . Yes, you could have said these lights are not in control and blind everyone for only those idiots who would drive without sense.
Old 20th January 2017, 11:24   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have not installed a separate switch. Stock fog lamp switch is used to power the projector. High beam and low beam connection is integrated with stock headlights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
The lows are perfectly aligned, it's only the high beam that's pointing a little above, but a sensible driver will know when to use and avoid the highs.
Switch on the headlamps on high beam and those micros will also be on, lighting up the sky.
Old 20th January 2017, 11:28   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Switch on the headlamps on high beam and those micros will also be on, lighting up the sky.
Yes, I find it very practical and output is amazing. And, I never drive on high beam inside city and when there are on coming vehicles on highways. So what's the harm in having a powerful high beam on the situations where it's actually needed?
Old 20th January 2017, 11:40   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

If such is the case, we wouldn't need to focus and align our high beams at all. There is no use of headlamp leveler switch too. Use low beam within city, use high beam on highway and switch them off if there is oncoming traffic.

Ideally, that is not the case. Each light has a purpose and their focus, height, alignment has been designed to meet their respective purpose. Rest is up to the individual who owns the car and modifies it to suit his taste/requirements.

PS: My high beam is on 80% of the time without harming the traffic at any point.

To each his own

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th January 2017 at 11:55.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:50   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PS: My high beam is on 80% of the time without harming the traffic at any point.
My high beam would be on only on highways . Say 40 percent of the time. You are using high beam 80 percent of the time, I think your car has poor headlights or you have aligned it very low. Any car with high beam on ( stock alignment) will blind oncoming traffic. I am surprised if your car doesn't unless you have lowered the alignment.

My setup :

Low Beam + XP Micro: Output is good enough to drive inside city

High beam HL + XP Micro: This is how you rule the roads when it's pitch dark. I totally enjoy it on dark empty roads and also "the flash" is enough to make those arrogant truck drivers to switch to low beam.
Old 20th January 2017, 12:08   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Even the low beam is slightly aligned upwards, and you can notice the Low beam cutoff of the XP going above the car ahead. That should not be the case actually. See the OE projectors which cutoff right at the bottom of the car to the right and slightly higher up to the left, which is how low beams should actually be focussed.

IMO, its a better idea to bring the axis of the XP a little downwards, since there is no point in illuminating 20ft above the ground and wasting the light output to illuminate the sky. Rather pointing it down will put more of the light onto the road and obstacles ahead and still give a good throw onto the road.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 12:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Even the low beam is slightly aligned upwards, and you can notice the Low beam cutoff of the XP going above the car ahead. That should not be the case actually. See the OE projectors which cutoff right at the bottom of the car to the right and slightly higher up to the left, which is how low beams should actually be focussed.
Agreed. I have aligned the XP Micro low beam "lower" than my stock HL low beam. I did this to avoid any kind of glare when in low beam.
Attached Thumbnails
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20161104wa0004.jpg  

Old 26th January 2017, 00:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Bad idea, I have micro de in my SX4 in the stock position.
was earlier running them on HID later switched to 3000k Osarm and the output is marginal. Have aligned in every possible manner but its a setup better suited for bikes and not cars, quite a waste of money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks