Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 20:58   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Some pics which I clicked few minutes back
Attached Thumbnails
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170607_201311.jpg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170607_201328.jpg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170607_201201.jpg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170607_201152.jpg  

Old 10th June 2017, 12:33   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

What happens when you meet fellow S-Cross owners with XP Micro??

Well, You just start comparing the output, haha

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170610wa0002.jpg

The last car is mine and has 5000k bulbs, hence more white.

BHPian torquelove needs to correct his alignment and surprisingly the setup of sudeepg had very less intensity. Anyways, he is getting new bulbs. Hope that solves the problem.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th June 2017 at 12:41.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 15:29   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

I had given my car for service at Maruti service centre. After the service, I was surprised to see that they have mentioned "After market fog lamps" in the bill. I asked the manager about it. He took me to the car and explained few things.

Here is the pic of XP Micro wiring :
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170615wa0037.jpg

As per the discussion with Maruti folks,

1. OE Fog lamp connector(green colour) is unplugged and left exposed.

2. The wires are hanging and insulation tapes are used. "Speaker wires" are used for extension.

3. As per the dealer, this kind of wiring setup is very risky and can lead to fire incidents.

4. Maruti Suzuki has instructed the dealers to update any cars with after market wiring.

I escalated the same to Rajat from Xenon Planet. He apologised for the same and accepted the mistake. He has assured that proper connectors, heat shrink tubes would be provided. But, I have given the car to my dad and would not be able to drive down to Bangalore for next 6 months

Last edited by navin : 15th June 2017 at 16:03.
Dr.Naren is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 15:45   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
As per the discussion with Maruti folks,

1. OE Fog lamp connector(green colour) is unplugged and left exposed.

2. The wires are hanging and insulation tapes are used. "Speaker wires" are used for extension.

3. As per the dealer, this kind of writing setup is very risky and can lead to fire incidents.

4. Maruti Suzuki has instructed the dealers to update any cars with after market wiring.
1. At the least, put a proper plastic cover and secure it with rubber band to stop water ingress.

2. I think it's not at all good. What extension is this for?

3. Yes, that is true unless it is secured and proper water proof connectors are used.

4. To save their position I suppose. It's not an uncommon practice if I recall with my Honda. Maruti even noted the TPMS installation in my case as an aftermarket addition.

Even in my car, I need to do something about the splice connection for high beam signal. The solution to that is to use AnaBond 666 industrial silicone sealant. That will ensure it's water proof, moisture proof and has high resistance to temperature (given this is inside engine bay). That should take care of it for a long time as compared to electrical tapes.

For the solenoid connection, I am going to use proper water proof connectors and secure them with Zip ties. DIY coming soon

Many thanks for sharing the negatives doc. Really appreciate your transparency in this.
sudeepg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 16:18   #110
Senior - BHPian

And this how the power for the high beam was tapped in my case. Totally not cool I say. Showed this to Rajat and he has promised to look into it.
Attached Thumbnails
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_3786.jpg  

rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 16:20   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I had given my car for service at Maruti service centre. After the service, I was surprised to see that they have mentioned "After market fog lamps" in the bill. I asked the manager about it. He took me to the car and explained few things.
i
Doc, I still remember the difference the micros made when we met at kolar and was thinking of going for it when ever our FM gives a go ahead. The product is an excellent product and our S crosses truly deserve this kind of lighting. It's unfortunate that MSIL decided to sleep on the importance of lighting and more unfortunate a good product like XP is getting ruined by inept handling and installation.

Hope they rectify these teething problems at the earliest.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 16:22   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had given my car for service at Maruti service centre. After the service, I was surprised to see that they have mentioned "After market fog lamps" in the bill.

I escalated the same to Rajat from Xenon Planet. He apologised for the same and accepted the mistake. He has assured that proper connectors, heat shrink tubes would be provided.
I got it in my service bill too, after leaving the car for service. While they missed addressing some niggles like a creaking sound, rattling parcel tray they were prompt enough to add this in the comments section for which I took the SA to task and blasted him for eye for detail in the wrong areas and lack of attention towards what was actually needed. Anyway he just went by the rulebook and did what he was good at, ie paperwork and billing.

But in technicality, it is definitely a right thing to do if we look at it from the manufacturers perspective. This was done even though the way I have installed will surpass their wiring. Their own fog light connectors have exposed wiring whereas mine has a protective sheath all the way till the connector. After discussing this, they calmed me down by telling that there have been incidents of fire where the owners will go full guns against the manufacturer. In reality, it will be some shabby installation which would have caused the fire. Hence, they are going safe against such incidents where they can walk out with a clean chit showing the service records.

Get the wiring sorted and forget about the issue
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 18:42   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Many thanks for sharing the negatives doc. Really appreciate your transparency in this.
No matter what, the facts would be shared

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Showed this to Rajat and he has promised to look into it.
Let us know the solution!! This is unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
more unfortunate a good product like XP is getting ruined by inept handling and installation.
Yes, they need to look into this very seriously. 15K worth setup can take down the entire 15 lakhs worth car in few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Get the wiring sorted and forget about the issue
Any suggestions? I won't be able to drive to Bangalore anytime soon to rectify the wiring setup.
Old 15th June 2017, 19:56   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions? I won't be able to drive to Bangalore anytime soon to rectify the wiring setup.
Sorry, since I am a DIYer and have an OCD for such things, I usually dont let anyone touch the wiring of my car and if there is something to be done, I do it myself and ensure that no corners are cut. When you pay such a price to an installer, I think it is their responsibility to give you a clean install and a good product. I can understand that these products are generic and sometimes the wiring cannot be manufactured specific to a model. However, the ends can be put together during installation if the right people and the right products come together. Instead of leaving the fog light connector and splicing the wire, they could have just sourced a male H11 socket which is as cheap as 4$ and crimped it directly to the HID light wiring during installation. Thats where the details lie and a clean installation happens.

Hence, they should improve their stock of connectors, wires and tools and redo the job. That is what gives a long lasting and clean install.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:25   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I escalated the same to Rajat from Xenon Planet. He apologised for the same and accepted the mistake. He has assured that proper connectors, heat shrink tubes would be provided. But, I have given the car to my dad and would not be able to drive down to Bangalore for next 6 months
Naren, from your earlier posts on this thread, you got the installation done from Evo who is associated with Xenon Planet.

Shouldn't this be Evo's responsibility more than xenon planet? I can understand that the kit comes from XP but the pics show basics of wiring not being taken care of. This is plain jugaad. Anyone who has half knowledge of car wiring won't wire up using such cables and tape.

XP has probably partnered with Evo with the trust that Evo knows what they are doing, the same way you went with XP or Evo trusting them.

And mind you the price of 2K+ just for installation is what Evo is responsible for.

I think your post should clarify this point. Right now anyone reading it will assume XP is the one at fault completely.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:31   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Shouldn't this be Evo's responsibility more than xenon planet?
I would say both are responsible. Xenon planet had not provided proper connectors to do the wiring and what was done at EVO was not right for sure. Also, most of the XP installations in Bangalore are done at EVO.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 16th June 2017 at 10:36.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:36   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would say both are responsible. Xenon planet had not provided proper connectors to do the wiring and what was done at EVO was not right as per Maruti folks and many other experts.
I bought a pair of speakers from Focal. There were no connectors in the box. If I had not overseen the entire installation, the installer would have gone about the normal way of cutting the OE wiring and taping it up. When I saw this, I asked for a connector. Sadly no connector was available to fit the Ford socket and I had to splice the wire. End result was 1 week later, one speaker stopped working. Obviously the tape didn't hold up.

Now do I blame Focal who sells the speakers or my installer?

You obviously won't get connectors for every possible car with the XP kit unless they promised this and didn't give it.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:37   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Naren, from your earlier posts on this thread, you got the installation done from Evo who is associated with Xenon Planet.
XP has an appointed person @ EVO who'd supervise and certify installs. IIRC that person was busy and not present during the installs. Had he been present this issue would not have occurred may be because of the high experience.

There is a saying, it is not possible to clap with one hand.

XP and Evo, both are at fault equally IMHO.

Quote:
I would say both are responsible.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:57   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Clarification :

1. XP Micro kit is supplied by Xenon Planet (Rajat) and they provide official installation facility at Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi & Chandigarh.

2. I had got the installation done from EVO Bangalore as per XP advice. Also, according to XP : installers at EVO are trained by them for all type of retrofits.

3. I have not gone to EVO on my own. If I went there myself, it is not right to hold Xenon Planet responsible here.

Quote:
Now do I blame Focal who sells the speakers or my installer?
Explained in points 2 & 3
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 11:01   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Clarification :

1. XP Micro kit is supplied by Xenon Planet (Rajat) and they provide official installation facility at Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi & Chandigarh.

2. I had got the installation done from EVO Bangalore as per XP advice. Also, according to XP : installers at EVO are trained by them for all type of retrofits.

3. I have not gone to EVO on my own. If I went there myself, it is not right to hold Xenon Planet responsible here.

Explained in points 2 & 3
Thanks. This clarification is needed and there's a huge difference to anyone without reading this clarification.

This basically means that XP needs to sort this out with their installer. While the product has good support from them directly, they will always have to rely on the installer in every city to install it correctly in every car.

What XP needs to do apart from improving the product further with customer feedback is to sort out their installation partners quality.

This is true for any aftermarket car accessory in India today. Which is why I am scared to even try this XP install on my Ecosport.

My first thing is to try the Phlips Ultinon LED as main headlights then see if I need XP in the fog lamps.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks