Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2020, 13:18   #256
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Very valid point! I missed to highlight this. He never responds to calls or messages and keeps procrastinating.

This in addition to all other lousy stuff he has been doing.
I feel like this Rajat character is somehow associated with Skoda service
Old 5th January 2021, 12:55   #257
BHPian

Wanted to buy a set of fog lamp projectors (3", iphcar) with HID bulbs. What's a good place in JC Road? Or anywhere else in Bangalore? thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 12:21   #258
BHPian

I wanted to finally restore my Creta’s headlights post accident to a unified colour and while looking at the options, casually called XP. While the quality and light output discussions went great and I was genuinely optimistic about the precision and fitting promised for retrofitting XP projectors in place of Creta’s stock HV3/9005 halogen projectors, I fumbled after listening to the price list.

XP Mini 4 HID Projectors kit - 20000
XP Laser Projector kit - 28000

Is it just me or the price seem a lot on the higher side ? I guess in my budget I’ll have to make do with low cost LED or HID bulbs only in stock projectors.

BTW this is how the lights look as of now, LHS being halogen and RHS being LED.

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-3d03f94bc3fa4e80b847382064319117.jpeg
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 22:08   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
XP Mini 4 HID Projectors kit - 20000
XP Laser Projector kit - 28000

Is it just me or the price seem a lot on the higher side ? I guess in my budget I’ll have to make do with low cost LED or HID bulbs only in stock projectors.
I suggest you to check with Blaze India based out of Delhi. The seller has multiple options with competitive pricing
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 16:39   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I suggest you to check with Blaze India based out of Delhi. The seller has multiple options with competitive pricing
I initially was going forward with XP projectors, however after going through this thread decided to get in touch with blaze india for the projector fogs for my 2022 fortuner based in delhi , will summarize the positives and negatives of my experience with blaze india below-

Positives-
~ The gentleman Mr Amit is very prompt and courteous in taking calls.

~ As soon as i paid he promptly had the items packed and shipped within 30 mins, i also recieved the products the same day within an hours time

~ Since he is a wholeseller and product has to be installed by self, he explained to me which wire goes where and also sent across scosh wire locks for high beam as well as sent mounting brackets with the kit.

Negatives-

~ He sent across 3 inch iph m 617 fogs which are bigger in size then the oem fog housing for the new fortuner, hence sadly most of the fog light is hiding behind the fog bracket due to its bigger size, these would have fit perfectly on the previous gen fortuner which had a bigger fog housing

~ The conectors he sent which he said will fit directly into the oem fog wiring connector turned out to be different and dint fit, when i brought this to his notice by sending across pics of the same he said, someone has changed your oem connectors to honda connectors, i was like what! How is it possible for toyota to do that in a new car. Anyways then the installer used scosh wire connectors to do the job.

Attaching pictures of the same. Overall now will wait for a few months then get the XP micro
Fogs which are 2.5 inches and will fit better, have wasted 9 k on these, have no intention of wasting another 16 on the XP fogs yet . Somehow today the old saying hit home. 'Penny wise Pound foolish'

Should have gone with the Xp fogs in the first place , none the less its always a learning experience.
Attached Thumbnails
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-6b03c3ee65774a64b02dfbded1c3d17f.jpeg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-71fc97cc067941aeb3e42a052e300383.jpeg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-dc780ec420484be9993ef5f0acf08c6b.jpeg  

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-e230999c5a5144c59affdc20ccdc617a.jpeg  

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 29th December 2022 at 16:48.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 16:47   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Based on my personal experience and many other Bhpian's, it's obvious that Xenon Planet is a total mess when it comes to installation and after sales support.
Indeed. The installations are done in dusty surroundings, the protective cap is often drilled so wide that the grommet fits too loose, and it will eventually fail the entire system.

I was really concerned to go to a car accessory shop to get the installation done - so I did it myself, and I am sure I did it in a cleaner and better way than an accessory shop would have done.

Here's my post on the install:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5447694 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks