Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 11:04   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You obviously won't get connectors for every possible car with the XP kit unless they promised this and didn't give it.
We had a similar experience during the 5-car installation in Pune; the high-beam on two cars wouldn't work. The problem was, the wire to enable high-beam came off the fuse tap.

Based on this thread and our own experience, we reached out to Rajat for a proper and clean solution. He's mentioned that they're working on a fuse tap that'll keep the wire in place and avoid loose dangling wires.

And that, going forward they'll include them in the kit itself.

As and when we receive them and get them installed, will keep the thread posted.

This is not exactly XP's fault but yes, given how things work in our country, they shouldn't rely on installers to provide a perfect installation.

Glad Naren pointed this out, he's been quite the guinea pig when it comes to XP Micro

Quote:
This is true for any aftermarket car accessory in India today. Which is why I am scared to even try this XP install on my Ecosport.
If you come across a good installer, give it a shot. The difference in throw is very reassuring during night drives.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th June 2017 at 11:07.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 11:56   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

As per my recent conversation with Rajat from Xenon Planet :

1. They are very disappointed with the work done at EVO, Bangalore

2. Xenon Planet is trying their best to sort out the problems at installer end by making the setup plug and play as much as possible.

3. Also, as I said before.. Xenon Planet immediately acknowledged about the poor wiring done by their recommended installer.

Actually, I am happy with XP guys that they are very responsive and taking the feedback seriously. But, they have to sort out these problems and make sure that the installation done by their partners are safe.

Cheers!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 16th June 2017 at 11:59.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 19:04   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is true for any aftermarket car accessory in India today. Which is why I am scared to even try this XP install on my Ecosport.

My first thing is to try the Phlips Ultinon LED as main headlights then see if I need XP in the fog lamps.
Even if you want to try this, then install the projectors in the headlight itself. You will realise the true potential of the projector only then. If it sits low the aiming should be flat if you dont want to cause glare. If you aim it flat it will lead to a really bright and a low height throw which will confine the light to a smaller area.

As far as my experience goes with LED lighting, the ultinions are the only replacement LED lights that actually work right. None of the Chinese LEDs will stand a chance.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 22:01   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Let us know the solution!! This is unique
One and only solution - Remove the wire for now from the fuse box. Use a proper connector to tap the signal for high beam as discussed with him. Nothing else will suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
XP has an appointed person @ EVO who'd supervise and certify installs. IIRC that person was busy and not present during the installs. Had he been present this issue would not have occurred may be because of the high experience.

There is a saying, it is not possible to clap with one hand.

XP and Evo, both are at fault equally IMHO.
100% agreed with you on this. If I had more knowledge on this subject then, I'd have gladly stopped the installation until a unique solution was found. Right now, I have fixed it myself.
Full details here
Link

When a layman with no knowledge can figure this out, why can't these folks who do this on a day to day basis?

Quote:

My first thing is to try the Phlips Ultinon LED as main headlights then see if I need XP in the fog lamps.
In the current state, its total plug and play - perfect DIY unless you want to use the high beam of Micros

Quote:

2. Xenon Planet is trying their best to sort out the problems at installer end by making the setup plug and play as much as possible.

3. Also, as I said before.. Xenon Planet immediately acknowledged about the poor wiring done by their recommended installer.

Actually, I am happy with XP guys that they are very responsive and taking the feedback seriously. But, they have to sort out these problems and make sure that the installation done by their partners are safe.

Cheers!
Yes, XP really listens to customers, They are so open to feedback - I like them for that, though a few issues need to be sorted out. We have told them that its their partners who are messing up. XP in this case has no argument because they have a installation partner in Bangalore who apparently has a lot of experience in this field and for retro fits. Just that he is not present to inspect the installation work. That's not really good for us.
Old 21st June 2017, 11:34   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Was very interested in this setup after reading the thread few days back, till I noticed the installer. Closed the thread as soon as the name popped up, and I'm not exaggerating one bit.

Having done a small addition to my audio install there, which I had to redo once again at another installer - there is just no way I'll visit them again for any work. Very poor workmanship and sky high attitude from a reputation they earned and lost a long time ago.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st June 2017 at 11:39.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 11:40   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was very interested in this setup after reading the thread few days back, till I noticed the installer.
C_D Sir, Why not attempt a DIY?! Product is good, installer's aren't. That's why I did it as a DIY. We'll all help if you need anything.

It is very simple and straightforward with the low beam connections. Plug and play, literally.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 00:38   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Few Updates :

1. Xenon Planet has made the XP Micro kit fully plug and play now. They are providing the relay, connectors etc to avoid problems at installer end.

2. Rajat from Xenon Planet was very supportive and wants to rectify my wiring setup as soon as possible.

3. Xenon Planet has terminated EVO, Bangalore as their installer. They would announce the new installer in Bangalore soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
till I noticed the installer. Closed the thread as soon as the name popped up, and I'm not exaggerating one bit.
Not anymore

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd June 2017 at 00:40.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:57   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few Updates :

1. Xenon Planet has made the XP Micro kit fully plug and play now. They are providing the relay, connectors etc to avoid problems at installer end.

2. Rajat from Xenon Planet was very supportive and wants to rectify my wiring setup as soon as possible.

3. Xenon Planet has terminated EVO, Bangalore as their installer. They would announce the new installer in Bangalore soon.

Not anymore
Thanks Naren. I have 2.5" XP micro on my ecosport installed at EVO in Bangalore.
Could you please share Rajat's number so that I could get the new connectors in place.
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:13   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Thanks Naren. I have 2.5" XP micro on my ecosport installed at EVO in Bangalore.
Could you please share Rajat's number so that I could get the new connectors in place.
Hey, were your cars wires spliced too? How did they do the connections?

Any images?
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:15   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think Ford Ecosport stock fog lamp bulbs are H11 type and even the XP Micros use H11 bulb. I don't think new connectors would be required in your case. Do talk to Rajat and find out

Rajat Xenon Planet :8968840068
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:22   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey, were your cars wires spliced too? How did they do the connections?

Any images?
I am not sure, I couldn't stay with the car during installation.

Quote:
I think Ford Ecosport stock fog lamp bulbs are H11 type and even the XP Micros use H11 bulb. I don't think new connectors would be required in your case. Do talk to Rajat and find out

Rajat Xenon Planet :8968840068
Thanks, I will speak with Rajat.
Old 28th June 2017, 08:20   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quoting my own post!! Certain things were really shocking and Xenon Planet has lot it's Credibility in the eyes of many customers now. Xenon Planet had promised above 3 points and made an announcement. I believed their words and updated the same here. Well, the ground reality is :

1. Nobody has got any updated kit from Xenon Planet yet to make the XP Micro plug and play. Rajat claimed he has everything with him and we asked to send few pics at least and no response on that.

2. His words are changing every now and then. Again, the credibility is a big question now.

3. To make the matters even worse.. Rajat from Xenon Planet asked us to go back to EVO and give them a second chance . I will never go back to that place who did such a bad job, used speaker wires etc.

We are waiting for new updated kit (pics at least) and also shipping details. No progress here at all
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 11:07   #133
BHPian

I was on a vacation drive past few days without any access to internet. Today morning after reaching back to Bangalore, I noticed I was removed from Xenon Planet’s Whatsapp group and other members as well was getting removed. And the usual morning glance here in the thread, gave me shock knowing all this concerns around the fitment process by EVO.

I’ve been driving past few days all along wet, rainy routes in Munnar and Vagamon, and this concern makes me worried to even switch on the car now.

Thanks for sharing this concern with us Dr.Naren. I hope Xenon planet will ship the required parts to their customers to secure the connection and find a genuine professional & trustworthy installer in Bangalore.

Is there any precautions one should take now to prevent any serious issues?

Last edited by redbaron91 : 28th June 2017 at 11:11.
redbaron91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 11:56   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
I was on a vacation drive past few days without any access to internet. Today morning after reaching back to Bangalore, I noticed I was removed from Xenon Planet’s Whatsapp group and other members as well was getting removed.
Yes, I have heard about it. I have left their WhatsApp group few months back.

There is no transparency in anything and absolutely no commitment. XP Micro is being marketed as plug and play product. But, that is not true. There is no consistency. Few of them have got connectors with the kit and many did not. Also, you have to do some jugaad to make the high beam connection. Thanks to few BHPians like Sudeepg & a4anurag.. We have figured out something to do it safely. Let's see if Xenon Planet would keep up with their words. If they are not able to come with a clear answer : I am done and will rectify the setup myself like how Sudeepg did. I hope XP doesn't misguide the customers from now on saying the kit is fully plug and play.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th June 2017 at 18:10. Reason: Minor formatting changes as per your report post.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 11:57   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks, I will speak with Rajat.
Any update from that guy?

Quote:
Quoting my own post!! Certain things were really shocking and Xenon Planet has lot it's Credibility in the eyes of many customers now.
+

Quote:
And the usual morning glance here in the thread, gave me shock knowing all this concerns around the fitment process by EVO.
I have never seen such ways where one is running a business! IMO, they are worst than Skoda and VW of the car industry.

All that was asked was, get the old customers the required connectors and kits needed to better out the ill installation done at EVO. When confronted for what is being sent as the kits, he is silent and giving some silly reasoning's. He thinks we are fools and will beg him to help us out.

Many Bangalore owners have gone the DIY route to rectify the wire splicing and insulation tapes that were used so things in the engine bay are neat and safe.

It is a mistake that I trusted this brand over the rest for After sales support and materials quality, both are useless IMO.

And to all who will be dealing with him, don't go hard on him, he'll ask you your age (Sarcasm). Meaning "you are young in this field and have no idea what projectors, lighting etc is so just shut up!" I have gone through this already so saying it with experience.

He has the audacity to say branded ones like Morimoto etc are useless in their business and have no after sales support. I am like

Removing members from the group and dissolving it is very childish and funny. It is going to harm him and his business. Communication channels should NOT be closed. It is the last straw in the business.

As per Xenon Planet, EVO is banned from installing XP items is what was told by him and now out of the blue he himself comes up asking Dr. Naren and a few more BHPians to go to EVO to get the wiring rectification done as they were not able to get good installers in Bangalore. No installer is good it seems in Bangalore other than EVO. Wow! Such a big city and so many installer, not one is found to be good it seems! I should laugh or cry I don't know.

I am happy I went away from the XP group and their overtly-famed installers and did a DIY on my Swift. I am happy and relaxed!

Quote:
Is there any precautions one should take now to prevent any serious issues?
If any splicing etc was done on your car while the installation, get it sorted by changing it to water-proof connectors. Insulation tape and all won't hold up for the weather, heat and moisture.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed