Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2017, 13:46   #136
BHPian

re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

He has the audacity to say branded ones like Morimoto etc are useless in their business and have no after sales support. I am like

As per my experience the service and support from Morimoto's importer/dealer has been absolutely stellar.

I had been contemplating getting the Micro's but will wait till a better option is available.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 15:10   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
As per my experience the service and support from Morimoto's importer/dealer has been absolutely stellar.
I guess you are talking about Retro Rides. They have installation facility only at Delhi, I believe. If they had one in Bangalore, I am sure most of the S-Cross Alpha owners would have got Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 installed

Quote:
I had been contemplating getting the Micro's but will wait till a better option is available.
There is no direct competition against XP Micro. This projector is basically from a company called IPHCAR in China. I believe Xenon Planet does some minor tweaks / tuning to get better output.

Another option for Fog light Bixenon Projector is Morimoto Match box. But they are not waterproof and you have to retrofit them inside stock fog lamps.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 15:33   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I guess you are talking about Retro Rides. They have installation facility only at Delhi, I believe. If they had one in Bangalore, I am sure most of the S-Cross Alpha owners would have got Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 installed
Correct.

So wish the Active's headlamps could accommodate the D2S 4.0's. The new H1's are leaps and bounds ahead of previous generation, quite happy with the output.

Quote:

Another option for Fog light Bixenon Projector is Morimoto Match box. But they are not waterproof and you have to retrofit them inside stock fog lamps.
I did check out the Matchbox model but am in favour of waiting for a sealed option, like the Micro's.
Old 28th June 2017, 15:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Any update from that guy?

If any splicing etc was done on your car while the installation, get it sorted by changing it to water-proof connectors. Insulation tape and all won't hold up for the weather, heat and moisture.
Thanks . Have very little background here, Can you please list the specific items to purchase to secure the installation.

I see many listing under ebay search:
http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=...ctors&_sacat=0

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 28th June 2017, 15:52   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Thanks . Have very little background here, Can you please list the specific items to purchase to secure the installation.
This is the 2 pin water proof connectors for the high beam one

https://m.ebay.in/itm/222143629888?_mwBanner=1

Heat shrink tubes, you'll find in my DIY thread.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 16:25   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Given the kind of poor support from the dealer for installation , i think a better option is to purchase the iphcar projector assembly, HID blub, good quality ballast, wiring harness directly from Aliexpress and install it ourselves.

I see no value addition the dealer is providing by charging 14K a pair. It would also be a lot cheaper than buying from the dealer. Not to mention that the installation cost is 2k odd rupees that too for a shoddy job.
sagarpadaki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 19:38   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Few Updates :

1. Rajat, Xenon Planet had asked me and BHPian lovetorque to go back to EVO. We both protested and said we would never put our cars into more risk.

2. Xenon Planet has a whatsapp group and they removed many members (mainly Bhpians and S-Cross owners).

3. Xenon Planet posted an update in their FB page condemning EVO, Bangalore (Yesterday night, they wanted us to go there )
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-screenshot_20170628161436768_com.facebook.katana.png

4. Few customers mentioned about their issues too (looks like many are having bad experience) and XP just deleted all negative comments
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-screenshot_20170628162308020_com.facebook.katana.png

5. I too had given my feedback and it was also deleted later by Xenon Planet. They also disabled me from posting any comments.
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-screenshot_20170628163431376_com.facebook.katana.png

6. I got a text message from Rajat saying that new kit for plug and play would be shipped to me by July 3rd. But, there were no further details about the kit.

It's been 2 weeks and nothing was done from Xenon planet (But yes, lot of false assurances were given).

What do you guys think about a company who tries to suppress customer concerns by removing members / deleting comments / blocking etc??

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th June 2017 at 19:49.
Old 28th June 2017, 22:36   #143
BHPian

I had a chat with Xenon planets in FB. As mentioned by Dr.Naren, they are asking to go back to EVO for rework, which will be supervised by Mr.Shyam.
Also they mentioned the rework will be initiated within this week.

I am skeptical about going back to EVO for another time. They seems to care nothing about the vehicle and the customer.
redbaron91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 22:40   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
I am skeptical about going back to EVO for another time. They seems to care nothing about the vehicle and the customer.
I really don't understand this buddy. Xenon Planet announces that EVO is terminated and yesterday they asked me to go back to EVO (asked even you today) and also update on FB saying EVO is not following their guidelines.. What are they smoking?
Old 29th June 2017, 11:35   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Given the kind of poor support from the dealer for installation , i think a better option is to purchase the iphcar projector assembly, HID blub, good quality ballast, wiring harness directly from Aliexpress and install it ourselves.

Did this for my colleague already, awaiting delivery of the packages.

Works out cheaper too even if customs is charged. Xenon Planet charging 14K is atrocious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
I had a chat with Xenon planets in FB. As mentioned by Dr.Naren, they are asking to go back to EVO for rework, which will be supervised by Mr.Shyam.
+

Quote:
What are they smoking?
They have gone mad. What he is smoking is a large question. Must be rotten weed.

They themselves announce the removal of EVO from list of installers and now they themselves ask affected owners to go there for correction. Who in their sane mind would go.

If Shyam is there for supervising things, shouldn't he been there in the first place when the actual install was going on. All this drama wouldn't have unfolded.

All trust, credibility is lost. I have had 4 friends who paid me ₹14,000 each to order it. I was very uncertain on the quality and consistency so I asked them to look elsewhere. Plus no clear response on time lines promised. They get angry if asked the same question again and again.

They are ruining a good product.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th June 2017 at 11:38.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:51   #146
BHPian

XP Micro: Powerful Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps in my S-Cross

Quote:

Did this for my colleague already, awaiting delivery of the packages.

Works out cheaper too even if customs is charged. Xenon Planet charging 14K is atrocious.

+

They have gone mad. What he is smoking is a large question. Must be rotten weed.

They themselves announce the removal of EVO from list of installers and now they themselves ask affected owners to go there for correction. Who in their sane mind would go.

If Shyam is there for supervising things, shouldn't he been there in the first place when the actual install was going on. All this drama wouldn't have unfolded.

All trust, credibility is lost. I have had 4 friends who paid me ₹14,000 each to order it. I was very uncertain on the quality and consistency so I asked them to look elsewhere. Plus no clear response on time lines promised. They get angry if asked the same question again and again.

They are ruining a good product.

I had a similar bad experience with Xenonplanet. A year back I got fx-r installed on my i20. I specifically told them I will send my headlamps to Chandigarh only if they have an i20 in which they could align it properly. I was told we have many just send it over. I spent an astonishing high amount for the top of the line projector. It came back with horrible horizontal and vertical alignment. I had to wait for four months for someone to get this rectified and that too it was from some installer I was sent to in Delhi by them

So after like a month the shroud in the right headlight came out lose and was lying inside the headlamp with many people laughing while seeing the setup. Now again had to wait for almost three months to get it rectified. No one from Xenonplanet came to rectify my set up. The installer from Chandigarh came to delhi for another install and went back and I was not even contacted. He came for a new setup in Delhi and because Xenonplanet was earning so kept me in the dark as they wanted to earn from new setups and not rectifying an old setup.

Now that i waited for months and was very furious, had to get the setup opened up for the third time by someone in Delhi whom I knew and was reliable and does quality work to get the shrouds fixed and bared the expenses from my own pocket. So, summing up my headlamps had to be opened three times by three different installers and no help from this Xenonplanet guys who post other installers work on their page disgracing their work. I even posted this on their Evo post on Fb yesterday. They deleted the comment. No quality work from these guys. Please be aware.
Product wise I don't have a problem. But, horrible installation and more than worse after sales service by these guys. They laugh at other installers and even post their work openly on social media whereas, Xenonplanet is no better.

Last edited by shravan2k2 : 29th June 2017 at 13:53.
shravan2k2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 21:29   #147
Senior - BHPian

Okay, I had refrained from posting about XP so far, I guess I shall pen down my experience as well now, being as unbiased as I could be.

Almost couple of years back, couple or more guys from the Fiat fraternity got their setups done from XP. I was interested and got in touch.

Rajat had asked me my requirements and I specified that I need a good high beam, as I travel a lot on the highways. He immediately suggested Hella E55, (which he was heavily marketing back then) and said that it is OEM, and is brand new and unused and only he had access to this "genuine" source. So, I fell in for this, and express my interest to get this installed. My nearest installer was at Bangalore, which is a good 375 kms drive away (factor cost of fuel, toll and accommodation costs as well). He put me on to Shyam, who is a very nice gentleman. I clarified my doubts with him and gave the go to Rajat.

Rajat asks me to transfer 10k as advance, so that he could ship my stuff to Bangalore. I do the transfer, and there were around 2-4 weeks before I could go to the installer. I was in constant touch with Rajat and Shyam and both said that they have received my stuff.

2 Hylux 35w Gold ballasts
2 D2S bulb adapters
1 wiring kit with relay
2 Hella E55 projectors

Trusting the install, I even purchased a set of Osram NBU Xenarc HID bulbs from overseas.

So, I fix an appointment for a particular day, and I drive all the way to Bangalore. To my shock, I came to know that the Projector set meant for me was installed in another S Cross (Mi10 on the forum), which came in from Chennai the previous day. (without a appointment or advance booking amount)

I was dejected, and was assured they have another set ready (wonder where it came from suddenly, in a gap of less than half a day, when Rajat said orders are shipped only after advance payment. The second set looked different from the first one, there were couple of differences which I am unable to recollect ATM.

So, the install was done, while at it, the back cover of the headlamp was cracked, and the bulb was forcefully screwed in, to the LHS projector, as the bulb would not seat properly.

I drove back, and I did not even know that the alignment in the install was royally screwed. Rotational alignment to be precise. The cutoff looked like halogen lights! I was a newbie then, and this was pointed to me by a common friend who had a similar install. Also, the left beam was dimmer and looked odd when viewed up-straight.

Since other people with similar installs had issues, and additionally my rotational alignment was also screwed, I contact Rajat and I was assured that it was bulb seating issue, and then bla bla bla. Finally, I removed the headlamps and found that this going nowhere and reverted to my Halogens. Was planning on when to hit Bangalore next, to get this fixed! Rajat assured that it was a 'bad' set of projectors that got into the car, and since anyway my headlights need to be opened again, and the white cement broken to dislodge the projectors, he assured he will give me a brand new set of Hella E55 which he would personally test and send across. I was happy and asked him to do so.

Meanwhile, I was urgently sent on work overseas, and I had to wait to get the setup fixed. I update both Rajat and Shyam on this and am away for 4 months.

After I was back, I ping Rajat on whatsapp, and he was like, 'It is just a bulb seating issue, you can goto bangalore and it would be fixed'. I was aghast and I immediately had to take screenshots of the earlier conversation and proof and then he says ok fine, I shall send across the new set of projectors (E55) to Shyam. I say ok.

Meanwhile, I follow up multiple times and Rajat says he has sent the projectors. I had my doubts going by the history, and like I expected, a day before my Bangalore visit, he says that there is some issue with the projector, and that he does not have an E55 to give me. I saw this coming, and decide to call his bluff, so I say, that is fine, let me SEE and decide. He says ok.

And again, after a while, I was told, that the E55 has a serious issue, he cross sells FXR to me, and says it is costlier than E55, still he is offering me the same. And that he would personally check the projectors and send. I didn't want to probe further, as I knew what's going on, just wanted to get a working install on the car, so I agree.

Meanwhile, the other E55 installs were also unhappy and most of them are replaced now with other projectors from XP.

I reach Bangalore, and first thing I check the projectors and I see a 3mm crack on one of the lenses. Both Rajat and Shyam assure me that it won't affect the beam, warranty, etc. I had no option as I had driven 375 kms again.

The install was done by EVO, and it was ok. I was satisfied with the alignment, though they are very slightly off and not in a straight line.

Now, it has been few months, and the setup is doing fine.

So to sum up, Rajat s words are dicey, the Bangalore contact, Shyam is a gentleman and gives realistic commitments, does not go back on words.

And, I doubt the E55s were genuine, no sign of Hella on them, and from what I could observe they were AES replicas at best, with a faded reflector bowl.

The FXRs were damaged, and were pushed down to me against my original requirement. FXRs have a good low beam, and a mediocre high beam.

So yes, I have a working setup, but the unwanted back-forth, dicey words, used/damaged stuff could have been avoided.

From the other aftermarket installers I have seen, XP seemed decent, and I guess they do get some things right.

And oh, I was part of the WA group as well which was dissolved in an unprofessional manner overnight.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 29th June 2017 at 21:32.
DRIV3R is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 21:49   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
So to sum up, Rajat s words are dicey, the Bangalore contact, Shyam is a gentleman and gives realistic commitments, does not go back on words.
True that!!

Fully agree with you here. Rajat changes his words every now and then. Shyam is a very nice guy and honest. It is only because of this guy, I had some trust on this brand.

Quote:
And, I doubt the E55s were genuine, no sign of Hella
It's very difficult to source original Hella E55. They are OEM and if it's genuine : it should be used one. What you have got is a replica for sure.

Quote:
So yes, I have a working setup, but the unwanted back-forth, dicey words, used/damaged stuff could have been avoided.
Sounds somewhat similar to Mini super setup in my Baleno. Yes, it's working fine as of now. But, I had to go back couple of times to correct few issues.

Quote:
From the other aftermarket installers I have seen, XP seemed decent, and I guess they do get some things right.
Yes, the products are better than Projectors available in most of the accessory shops. Again the XP projectors do not have consistency (Some are good, some are OK, some are really bad)

Quote:
And oh, I was part of the WA group as well which was dissolved in an unprofessional manner overnight.
To be honest, I have seen nothing except Mr. Shyam to be professional in Xenon planet.

Cheers!!
Old 30th June 2017, 09:40   #149
Senior - BHPian

Ok, some interesting updates.

Whatever follows is backed up by solid proof, which I would share if required.

So, this guy Rajat reads my post here overnight, and he pings me midnight saying "Thanks for your fake feedback and payback", and he says the Hella E55 were plagued with problems that is why he took it out of their portfolio blah blah. He then sends me a screenshot of a message he has sent me on May 18th 2017, where he asks me how is the new FXR setup doing. I said it is doing fine, as I have said here in the earlier post. Just to give you an idea, the original Hella E55 setup was installed sometime during March 2016!

Fine, some strong words like payback and fake used, but since I know what sort of a guy Rajat is, no surprises.

And here comes the dirty part.

I met with an accident as soon as I returned from overseas due to my negligence, the car had impact on the LHS. I had my Halogens on the car during the accident like I had mentioned in my previous post, and as seen in the pic below. (this was when the car was put on the flatbed)

As you can see, there was no frontal impact for headlamps to be damaged, plus, I have proof from the WA group, where Shyam had asked me if the headlamps are intact after the mishap, and I said yes, because I had halogens then! And he was probably concerned as he had to redo my bad setup installed back in March 2017!

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_8022.jpg

So, last night after seeing my post, this guy shares the dashcam video of the accident, (which I shared in the XP WA group, out of good thoughts, to bring awareness as to not to be distracted when driving) to couple of people I know, and says that the Hella E55s he gave me had issues because of this accident.

Not cool, Rajat, definitely not cool. I have made the video private now, because of this guy.

Rajat and XP, am sure you are reading this, if you continue spreading rumors like this, with a desperate attempt to correct your mistakes and tarnish customer's image, you will be hearing from my lawyer very soon! Be warned.

I would suggest all BHPians to stay away from this guy, Rajat. He would do any nook and crook for the sake of flourishing his business.

@MODS: Please move XP related feedback posts from customers to a new thread for better visibility, if deemed so.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 30th June 2017 at 09:42.
DRIV3R is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 11:17   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I would suggest all BHPians to stay away from this guy, Rajat. He would do any nook and crook for the sake of flourishing his business.
Big time Drama by Mr. Rajat

After DRIV3R posted in detail about his Xenon Planet experience : Rajat started cooking up new stories. He was forwarding the accident video of DRIV3R and claimed that his projectors were damaged. This was an outright lie and explained with proof by the owner here (see the post above).

After today's post by DRIV3R, Rajat has run out of all lies and spinning some crazy stuff now.

He has announced that he has quit Xenon Planet. What the hell?? Rajat has misguided many customers, false assurances, defective kits, pending invoices etc etc and now he has just run away from his responsibilities. I do not know what to comment, but I cannot stop myself from calling this Rajat a BIG FRAUD!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed