Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2017, 10:12   #181
BHPian

Re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
IMHO headlight/ foglight is going to work very well around 2500K to 3500K, higher K-rating will not be appropriate for heavy fog & will hinder visibility. We experience fairly heavy fog in winter here in North India, hence talking from my experience.

Cheers
Absolutely! The choice of bulbs is upto the individual. 3000k cuts through heavy fog. We don't see those kinds of fog here.
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 10:17   #182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Absolutely! The choice of bulbs is upto the individual. 3000k cuts through heavy fog. We don't see those kinds of fog here.
I have 3000K HIDs in my Civic. So these are available. This is 55W since I was advised to prefer it.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 10:33   #183
Senior - BHPian

I agree with your points of view. I've faced some horrific fog here in Gurgaon, Delhi, Uttarakhand, Punjab. Hence I am overly cautious of visibility in fog.

Surely the fog may be relatively light in the southern states

Cheers
Old 9th July 2017, 16:32   #184
BANNED

@Ricky_63; My Civic with the 3000K 55W fogs is now with our son, who is Gurugram based. In fact some times I regret for not going to 2700K which is more normal. Remember the fog itself has an internal discharge in ultraviolet and the phosphor/filling reduces the apparent temperature. Strictly, calling the discharge as xy00K is a misnomer, since colour temperature is applicable only to Black Body radiation.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 21:48   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : XP Micro shoddy wiring fixed at Blackworks

What was done?

1. All connections are made from connector to connector

2. Speaker wires in Engine bay are replaced by better guage wires.

3. Ballast is securely mounted with the help of custom brackets

4. High beam connection of XP Micro is made safe and weather proof.

5. All wires are well insulated.

6. Speaker wires, splice connectors etc used by XP authorised installer EVO are no more present in my car

Some bad news :
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170709_172921.jpg

We noticed that bulb holder of left side XP Micro was broken. Venkat advised me to replace the bulb ASAP as it would be not safe.

EVO setup : splice connectors, speaker wires, OE fog connector unplugged and exposed
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170709_163641.jpg

After fix by Blackworks
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170709wa0043.jpg

Custom bracket to mount Ballast
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170709_173306.jpg

All is well!!
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170709_175406.jpg

Thanks to Mr. Shyam for providing H8 to H11 connectors and Sudeepg for providing water proof connector for XP Micro high beam solenoid.

Note : Blackworks is not official installer for Xenon Planet. Venkat just helped the affected S-Cross owners. Neat job as always. I am impressed. Thank you!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 11:51   #186
BHPian

Re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Fixes applied

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Update on the XenonPlanet Micro related issues

As you may know, some of the early adopters of XP micro had poor install done by Evo as detailed on this thread.

Short Summary - Good news! - Issues in affected cars are being sorted out and install is pretty robust now.

Details

July 3rd was the deadline set by XenonPlanet for delivering us with a kit which will fix the shortcomings from a previous install by Evo. XP did ship a couple of kits to the affected folks by this time but didn't have the workshop to fix the problem since the affected folks declined to goto Evo. Today, Shyam reached out to us to fix the issues. The fix summary:
  1. Input power cables from stock connector provided. They are a secure fit now
  2. Ballast securely fixed with custom made brackets and bolted to the body.
  3. High beam solenoid connected with the water proof connector. This makes it easy to remove as well as plug and play
  4. Solenoid tapping with new set of PVC insulated wires, and the tap sealed with heat shrink tubes.
  5. Separate tapping for left and right projectors.
  6. They removed bumper and did a clean job.
About BlackWorks: The garage is a good place with ample space, tools and hardware to carry out major hardware level upgrades on the car. Venkat and Shyam were hands on with the work today along with their installer, whom I would say - talks less and does his work. He definitely knows his work well and it was demonstrated in the way he went about doing it. More importantly, it was their attitude of doing things right that struck a chord with us. They are proficient in tools and knowledge of car wiring. Our suggestions were not met with excuses or counter arguments, rather where feasible they did the correct work. Venkat personally did some of the connector crimping and wire related work.

A big heartfelt thank you to Shyam, Venkat and his installer. We are pretty sure the wiring is robust now.
Thanks Sudeep for the detailed fix summary. Nothing to add further! Big thanks for the time and sparing the water proof connectors etc for my S Cross. I can summarize the install is safe secure and detachable now!
Big thanks for Shyam, Venkat, his mechanic. The snaps shows the quality of work .
lovetorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 12:20   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Note : Blackworks is not official installer for Xenon Planet. Venkat just helped the affected S-Cross owners. Neat job as always. I am impressed. Thank you!!
Good to know things were sorted out. But Still one question remains unanswered - who is running XP micro (if Rajat is out)?
Will they honour the committments he made so far ?
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 12:23   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Good to know things were sorted out. But Still one question remains unanswered - who is running XP micro (if Rajat is out)?
Will they honour the committments he made so far ?
No clarity regarding this. I had got a message from XP official Whatsapp number that Rajat has been suspended and they won't honour any commitments made by him. I strongly believe all this is fake and it was Rajat himself texting all that nonsense. I get a message saying Rajat is suspended and at the same time he was posting in another forum as Rajat in XP thread

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th July 2017 at 12:24.
Old 12th July 2017, 10:52   #189
BHPian

Was following this thread a few months back and was really keen to get this for my old Baleno. Had a chat with the XP personnel (on FB messenger) not sure who was at the other end, but assured me that the 3 inches one is a perfect fit for the OEM fog lamp slot. I was almost prepared to buy it and then I see all the recent developments in here.
However in my case they updated me that I would have to get the stuff and find an installer on my own (which is actually an easy task) here in Bangalore as they currently are in search for a new installer for a local tie up.
I will now wait and watch until I see further developments and positive reviews on the product and support.

On the other hand I too have had not so good experiences at EVO in the last couple of visits. Issue is Satya seems to be too busy to get involved in the business and visits the shop only by end of the day. Decisions & installations are entirely on the hands of his employees, which according to me is not a good thing. I now get most of my installs done at Sachin's Auto shop - though busy they give individual attention to every car there.

Note: I do not have vested interests in any of the installers or products mentioned above. Just sharing my personal experiences.
unni246 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 18:41   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm looking for good (functional) additional lighting desperately for my car & am keen on the XP setup.

I had a word with Karan from Mumbai and he was very professional & helpful in the discussion. Obviously he is very conscious about the dent that the market reputation has taken & was proactive in assuring that it will be a clean professional job done under his supervision. He didn't bother checking if I knew about the bad publicity or the risk of making me aware of problems faced by XP customers. So thats a positive I must say. Transparent business on this front.

The quote is around 16k.
I checked with a couple of friendly accessory stores and xenon projector setups with Philips lamps in fog lamp housing would cost around 9k at their places. So more or less similar to XP setup. However again, the accessory stores playing with wiring of car is always a gamble. A sure hit & miss. Now I'm in two minds about what to do...

Any advise fellas?

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th July 2017 at 18:42.
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:37   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm looking for good (functional) additional lighting desperately for my car & am keen on the XP setup.
XP Micro / IPHCAR Bixenon Fog Projector is a good product. You will notice very good improvement. The negative reviews were mainly due to false assurances and shoddy installation done by their recommended installer. XP used to market them as fully plug and play. It was really not the case and many customers were misguided. After many customers exposed this on Team BHP, I have heard that they have included some connectors in new kits.

You just have to make sure that the wiring is done properly

Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 12:20   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

So I have decided to bite the bullet. Checking if an installation appointment is available at Mumbai for this Sunday. As long as the quality of connectors & wiring used is fine & the basic electric principals are followed I'm fine. Since the car is out of warranty since almost 3 years now, there is no anxiety about warranty issues at all . Only safety will matter.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th August 2017 at 12:23.
Old 13th August 2017, 21:53   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I have decided to bite the bullet. Checking if an installation appointment is available at Mumbai for this Sunday. As long as the quality of connectors & wiring used is fine & the basic electric principals are followed I'm fine. Since the car is out of warranty since almost 3 years now, there is no anxiety about warranty issues at all . Only safety will matter.
And a fiasco. A wasted trip to Mumbai and a Sunday gone. :banghead:

Sadly the lamps didn't have enough space to fit on the RHS inside Vista Quadrajet.

Apparently I was the first ever Vista QJD owner to attempt this and ended up being a guinea pig who's death confirmed that a medicin doesn't work. The windshield washer fluid tank sits behind the stock fog lamp and the distance between it and the fog lamp housing is not enough to install the XP micro.

So all Vista owners, please look elsewhere as this product doesn't fit.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 01:06   #194
BANNED

Quote:
The windshield washer fluid tank sits behind the stock fog lamp and the distance between it and the fog lamp housing is not enough to install the XP micro.
Hello Sir, even I was in the same position you were when I was trying to install the XP Micro (3 inch one) in my car (Maruti Swift ZDi).

I somehow made a easily-reversible jugaad to push the washer tank backwards to make room for the projector to fit.

You can try too if you want. Here's the link to that post in my DIY thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4198519
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 07:31   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello Sir, even I was in the same position you were when I was trying to install the XP Micro (3 inch one) in my car (Maruti Swift ZDi).

I somehow made a easily-reversible jugaad to push the washer tank backwards to make room for the projector to fit.

You can try too if you want. Here's the link to that post in my DIY thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4198519
Thanks a4anurag. Indeed Karan also mentioned to me about what was done in other cars like Swift - and I had already read your DIY thread also. But the space inside the Vista's bumper is all fully used up. There is no room to move anything at all.

Quite a design miss also, to make a car that leaves absolutely 0 room for customisation. I guess TML had received this feedback already and that resulted in the (not so good looking) facia of MANZA with a more bulging out bumper, that also then made its way to the Vista. Some things in the bay were also moved around a but compared to my version.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks