Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 21:56   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
How did you manage to connect yours?
For the app to work on Android Auto, you need to ask them for the apk file and not use the one available on Playstore. For Treel, the app on Playstore works with Android Auto.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 04:40   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
For the app to work on Android Auto, you need to ask them for the apk file and not use the one available on Playstore. For Treel, the app on Playstore works with Android Auto.
Some pretty confusing answers there. One says yes, one says no, and the brand says it might not. And this is the most recent answer I could find there.
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20230318_043346_amazon.png  

Old 18th March 2023, 06:18   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some pretty confusing answers there. One says yes, one says no, and the brand says it might not. And this is the most recent answer I could find there.
The question itself is confusing. The app from Playstore has compatibility issues with Android Auto but apk file works. So any car that has Android Auto, Sensairy will work if you use the apk file supplied by the company. Same thing may not be true with the Android systems available in market. So the seller is correct in saying that it may or may not work with Android systems. But as far as the Android Auto is concerned, it works. Check the earlier posts of this thread, you'll get your answer.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 13:38   #274
BHPian

Quote:
In one of the queries on Amazon, they have said that their device doesn't connect to Android Car Players because the Bluetooth connectivity of these players are too weak to pick up the signals from tpms. How did you manage to connect yours?
The sensors are first connected to the Sensairy app on the Android or IOS device which in turn is connected by phone USB cable to the car system, as soon as Android Auto comes ON you should be able to see the Sensairy app icon.
As per their instructions you can also connect wirelessly if your car system supports wireless Android Auto.
ssadwelkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 14:53   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Sensairy will work if you use the apk file supplied by the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
as soon as Android Auto comes ON you should be able to see the Sensairy app icon.
So, it means I can only connect with Android Auto, and not directly with the Android Player. What about the notifications and alerts? Will they come on the Player, or only on the phone?
Old 18th March 2023, 15:13   #276
BHPian

Quote:
So, it means I can only connect with Android Auto, and not directly with the Android Player. What about the notifications and alerts? Will they come on the Player, or only on the phone?
Yes, you can only connect with Android Auto, that too after installing a private update apk file from Tymtix, which needs to be installed after downloading and installing the apk file from Google Play.

You will receive all notifications and alerts on the phone as as well as Android Auto if your phone is connected via cable or wirelessly to Android Auto.

Last edited by ssadwelkar : 18th March 2023 at 15:15.
ssadwelkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 09:11   #277
BHPian

I finally got the 5-sensor device based on feedback from this thread, and I'm happy with it. Readings are accurate when checked with Qubo tire inflator, but shows a 0.5 psi variation when checked with Michelin tire pressure reader. Here are some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20230322_150619.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20230322_150627.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20230322_150709.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20230324_135154.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20230324_135157.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20230324_151539.jpg  

Old 4th June 2023, 12:02   #278
BHPian

Ordered it from https://www.tymtix.com/#/store?product_id=7
Unfortunately I couldn't find any other sources to purchase it from (Delhi).
I was also a bit confused between external vs internal sensor for Nexon, went ahead with Internal.
The website showing ETA of almost 3 weeks to NCR :/.
Old 6th July 2023, 13:21   #279
Senior - BHPian

Update

I got 5 new external sensors from Sensairy for new tires that I purchased as I wanted to ensure that tire pressure is maintained & I have warning in case of a puncture.

The batteries in the existing internal sensors all gave up the ghost in about 3 to 3.5 years. They cannot be replaced any more, even by the company. So, you are looking at 2 sets for each tire replacement along with the associated mounting charges. Not worth it at all, if they dont make the batteries last 7 years or make them easily user replaceable.

The HUD backlight also died.

For the above reasons, I opted for external sensors from Sensairy.

Pairing with the app was pain free.

I labelled the sensor caps myself with a DYMO to identify them; I think they should be stamped on the sensor covers and that Sensairy should give a couple of blank ones as free spares.

The lock nut is too thick and reasonably useless.

Unfortunately, one tire failed on the way to Madras, within about 200 km. The sensairy system did not warn about the loss of pressure until it was too late, I think as the tire shows clear signs of running while flat. My driver knows to stop the car as soon as the alarm is heard. The puncture was due to a nail and hence should have been slow.

This is the precise scenario I bought the Sensairy to prevent and it failed spectacularly.

Net - net, Sensairy is not engineered well. I wont say "Stay away" but would definitely say "Lower your expectations"
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 13:25   #280
src
BHPian

Can someone confirm if this SensAiry will work on the Alloy Rims of Brezza ZDi?
Has anyone installed it.
Old 13th July 2023, 13:55   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Can someone confirm if this SensAiry will work on the Alloy Rims of Brezza ZDi?
Has anyone installed it.
I've mentioned the details in this (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS) post. Kindly go through it to understand better.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 14:26   #282
src
BHPian

Quote:
I've mentioned the details in this (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS) post. Kindly go through it to understand better.
Awesome Buddy. Was actually looking for your post as I remembered someone posted the same.

So my friend needs to buy Treel since I recommended him SensAiry after using it in my Honda City
Old 13th July 2023, 14:43   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Awesome Buddy. Was actually looking for your post as I remembered someone posted the same.

So my friend needs to buy Treel since I recommended him SensAiry after using it in my Honda City
Well, newer valve stems of Treel also will not fit. If you read that post, you'll see that I've mentioned it. He can ask them to use older valve stems for fixing the sensors.
Old 28th August 2023, 11:29   #284
BHPian

Question: Is there a way to switch the sensors off once the car's parked and then switch it on before I begin my drive? Maybe through the app or a pre-set timer?

I don't see the point of it constantly checking for tyre pressure and draining its own battery since my phone is going to be out of bluetooth range when I'm at home / office and the car will be stationary.
Old 3rd September 2023, 07:28   #285
BHPian

Agree with you on the sensors draining their own batteries while not connected to a BT device, I haven't seen the option of switching off the sensors when not in use in the user manual or the app, the manufacturer claim the sensors life to be of 4 to 5 years, the batteries are not replaceable, sensors need to be replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks