Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 15:34   #241
BHPian

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Sorry for the confusion, my question was what brand of TPMS did you install ?
Brand was already mentioned in my original reply. Anyway, the TPMS is from a Amazon seller named Skyshop. I think they are Delhi based and have different models of TPMS available with them including internal and external ones. I was not able to find the exact model on Amazon, looks like it's out of stock for now. The model we ordered came with dedicated solar-powered display. Something like the one in the below image:
Name:  619igxzjjalacsl1000500x500.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  34.6 KB
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 16:03   #242
BHPian

5 to 7 degree rise shown in air temperature is not unreasonable as air heats up due to the compression inside the tyre. To test this you can try one small thing, after filling the tyre to about 40 psi and a minute later note the temps, wait for a couple of minutes and then start releasing the air. You should see the temp reading drops. the closest to ambient temperature reading you'll normally get the next day morning before you even get your car out of the driveway. If even at that time the temp. read varies then maybe its an accuracy issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Brand was already mentioned in my original reply. Anyway, the TPMS is from a Amazon seller named Skyshop. I think they are Delhi based and have different models of TPMS available with them including internal and external ones. I was not able to find the exact model on Amazon, looks like it's out of stock for now. The model we ordered came with dedicated solar-powered display. Something like the one in the below image:
Attachment 2337840
are these valves reusable when changing tyres or what? And second are they repairable if theres a leakage. regular valves I anyway get replaced everytime while getting new tyres as these cost between 100 to 150 rupees and I am not even charged for it separately. I dont rack my brains on whether the dealership is including the cost in the price of the tyre or not. If its just their marketing strategy, I let them be content that their strategy is getting them more customers.

Last edited by Racer911 : 24th July 2022 at 16:07.
Old 24th July 2022, 17:06   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
are these valves reusable when changing tyres or what? And second are they repairable if theres a leakage. regular valves I anyway get replaced everytime while getting new tyres as these cost between 100 to 150 rupees and I am not even charged for it separately.
The TPMS valve is like a regular valve with just the sensor attached to the end, so it is reusable for sure. You need to make sure that it doesn't get damaged accidentaly during tyre removal/replacement, if you let the tyre dealer know that you have internal TPMS installed, they will be extra careful during removal and fitment. I don't know why anyone would be bothered about valve change unless it's damaged or leaking air. Even for a tyre change the old valves need not be changed/replaced on a alloy wheel. And in-case you do need to replace the valves, the TPMS dealers do sell spare valves separately but they won't be cheap like regular valves though.

Last edited by Funny : 24th July 2022 at 17:08.
Old 24th July 2022, 17:36   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
The TPMS valve is like a regular valve with just the sensor attached to the end, so it is reusable for sure. You need to make sure that it doesn't get damaged accidentaly during tyre removal/replacement, if you let the tyre dealer know that you have internal TPMS installed, they will be extra careful during removal and fitment. I don't know why anyone would be bothered about valve change unless it's damaged or leaking air. Even for a tyre change the old valves need not be changed/replaced on a alloy wheel. And in-case you do need to replace the valves, the TPMS dealers do sell spare valves separately but they won't be cheap like regular valves though.
Thanks. For the valve replacement, its just something my tire dealer recommends because they dont cost much and if they need to be changed at a later time it wont be feasible to pay the labour charges just for a valve change. So he rather does it while changing the tire everytime. I dont bother much because we drive about 100 to 120 kms daily
Old 1st August 2022, 17:19   #245
BHPian

Hello everyone

Got SensAiry Internal (4)TPMS, during Amazon sale on 23rd and 24th July. Got them for ₹5400/- (they are July 2022 manufactured)

My bad, didn’t go through the thread, where it was mentioned incompatibility with the Brezza alloys (mine is ZDi+ 2019, model).

I am willing to ship to them for ₹5000/-, if anyone is interested.

Regards.
Old 10th August 2022, 11:46   #246
BHPian

Query Regarding Android Auto

Ordered Sensairy Internal TPMS on the Amazon and got it installed at the recommended Store ( Indian DeCars, Gachibowli ; Charged Rs.1000) .

Installation was smooth and the guys knew what they were doing. Got the readings as soon as the air was filled. Drove for about 300 km and works flawlessly.

So I can see the figures on the phone app. But is there anyway to project the Sensairy figures on the Android Auto ( I use Pioneer HU) . I downloaded the Sensairy app separately (after uninstalling the Sensairy app downloaded from playstore), put Android auto on developer mode and yet Sensairy is not recognized on Android auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post

I am willing to ship to them for ₹5000/-, if anyone is interested.

Regards.
I wish I had seen this before
Old 12th August 2022, 11:27   #247
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I am getting turned off Sensairy (eventhough I got another set for the Jazz just last month)

Hear me out. THIS IS NOT A RANT.

My expectation is that I will keep changing internal TPMS sensors every time I change tires (Since the batteries are not user replaceable). For a typical user, that would be around 5 years (as rubber ages enough to replace by that time). The Sensairy ad promises 5+ years in their ads, clearly to reassure us that it is indeed the case.

Amazon ad, as of today
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-sensairy-ad.jpg

The reasonable expectation then would be that their sensors would definitely last at least 5 years and probably 6-7 years under normal conditions of use. Remember, there is no way to switch off the sensors and they keep broadcasting status irrespective of whether the car is in use or off.

You would think that they would have tested their sensors for that kind of life before making that claim. You would be wrong.

Two sensors in the Crysta have failed - one in 3.5 years & one now, around 4 years. So they are designed to fail just after the warranty runs out. (Mine were purchased in June, 2018)

(I would have thought one sensor failing is a statistical event; two cannot be coincidence)

To be fair, Ajay has been responsive on whatsapp. He did get the first sensor replaced as an experiment for about 300 plus 250 in Dunzo charges. Seems to be working.

For this one, he wanted 500. With the addition of Dunzo charges, that is close to 60% of the price of a new one. (Who knows, may be more. They have moved from Indiranagar to Whitefield. That adds about 10km more to my house.) He said that they lost 2 batteries the last time and hence it is not economical to do it for less as the product is not designed for the battery to be replaced. I think that is fair from the perspective of the company.

We, the customers, are the ones who are bearing the brunt of this. At that price point, it simply does not make sense to replace the sensor or buy a new sensor which will be out of kilter with the other sensors.

Remember, there are already internal TPMS on the market which claim & deliver unconditional 5 year warranty.

The only ways forward I can see for Sensairy to be attractive are:
  1. They need to up the technology so that the battery lasts 7 years
  2. They should make the battery user replaceable. After all it is a reasonably protected environment inside the tire.
  3. They should extend the warranty to the claimed 5 years. No questions asked
Otherwise, spending about 6k every four years for sensors and another 1k to 1.5k for mounting & balancing simply is not cost effective.

At least I, regretfully, will have to stop recommending this product as "Good, but not worth it"

Last edited by sridhu : 12th August 2022 at 11:36.
sridhu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 14:51   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
At least I, regretfully, will have to stop recommending this product as "Good, but not worth it"
That's the précis of my post. Post #200 (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS).

The most annoying point in this is, it doesn't even bother to notify the status of the battery. These sensors go kaput which is understandable, it's a product - goes bad after a while, but atleast notify the user.

The battery status in my sensors till the last breath showed as "Full".

I don't mind their disposable nature provided these sensors are reasonable and that is why I was of the opinion to go for Treel. They're much cheaper and provide warranty for 5 years. Even if they're designed to fail after 5 years and 1 day, I won't mind replacing them again just because they're reasonable.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 15:23   #249
BHPian

Interesting inputs. I also installed Sensairy about a month back. Post #228 in this thread. So far they are doing fine. I appreciate your feedback on treel, just a quick check. What price are treel available, where can they be purchased, and how to avail warranty and replaement? I was a bit concerned as I had read multiple places that nobody pick up phone at the treel helpdesk.
Old 12th August 2022, 16:32   #250
BHPian

Quote:
What price are treel available, where can they be purchased, and how to avail warranty and replacement? I was a bit concerned as I had read multiple places that nobody pick up phone at the treel helpdesk.
Since you've already bought for your car, Don't worry. They'll last you atleast 3-3.5 years.
You can search in this thread for "Treel". You'll find answers to all your queries. For your convenience, here is one from another thread.

Cross Posting here for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I got it done at Popular Tyre Care, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam, Kerala.

Treel TPMS - Rs 350 per piece
Balancing - Rs 125 per wheel
Weights - Rs 200

So total came to Rs 2575 incl installation and everything. If at all I face any issues, I just need to drop in at the same shop and they will just do a swap right there. He said the warranty is for 5 years.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 08:36   #251
ais
BHPian

I saw Blaupunkt sensors with display at Motorogue, Tardeo, Mumbai. About Rs.7500/- total. Wonder how they are as generally Blaupunkt products are good.
Old 18th August 2022, 20:24   #252
BHPian

After using the sensairy tpms for a month, I was not very comfortable with the app based interface, and finally got the HUD. Monochrome white display, wired, but does the job. Was able to transfer the pairing information to the HUD from within the app. Here's a picture in the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20220818_201321.jpg  

Last edited by ajayc123 : 18th August 2022 at 20:27.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 18:31   #253
BRV
BHPian

Been using SensAiry TPMS after tyre upgrade to Earth1 from GoodYear in 2021. While installing TPMS, updated the pressure threshold to 30 psi (min) and 42psi (Max). I generally maintain 35psi across all tyres (Recommended 33)

During my last trip, cruising on highway @100kmph there was a distinctive alarm on phone multiple times. Sensing tyre puncture immediately pulled over to a service road and stopped under a tree to check. All tyres are good with no visible loss of pressure.

Opened the app and checked. Due to the heat (hot day in the afternoon), the tyre temp increased and thus the air was at 44 psi in front and 42 psi at back. Edited the max threshold to 45 and after 10 min resumed the journey without any hiccups.

Need advise from expert on What's the max threshold for a tyre to avoid blowout?
Old 25th August 2022, 01:47   #254
BHPian

Quote:
After using the sensairy tpms for a month, I was not very comfortable with the app based interface, and finally got the HUD. Monochrome white display, wired, but does the job. Was able to transfer the pairing information to the HUD from within the app. Here's a picture in the dark.
Hi, I have also ordered the HUD and it is just lying on my coffee table. Did you install it yourself or did you take any help from car shop?
Old 25th August 2022, 02:14   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
Need advise from expert on What's the max threshold for a tyre to avoid blowout?
Not an expert but I had asked the same question to Prabhu. IIRC, he mentioned to set it around 60-65º. According to Google, blowout temperature is far higher than this but for safe side you can set this. Another thing is tyre tends to increase temperature as you lose pressure, when the PSI goes down ºC goes up drastically.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks