Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2021, 09:29   #181
BHPian

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Guys, How are your sensors holding up? Asking because both rear sensors failed, and one of them in lockdown.
Old 15th June 2021, 12:56   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my sensors stopped working some time in March this year. It lasted just about 4 years. So in all probability, others also may start failing. I had ordered a replacement but haven't been able to get it fixed due to lockdown. Sadly the display (HUD) is not calibrated to accept the new sensors.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 15:43   #183
BHPian

Hi All,

Had a question regarding the VFM quotient of the SensAiry system. I can see that some systems cost a lot more than the generic ones that we get on online retailers like Amazon.

To compare:
Not dissing on these products but I am just curious to know why some of these cost a lot more.

Are there any advantages to getting the SensAiry and the like systems other than Android App and Android auto integration and perhaps the ease of sensor calibration post WB/WA.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 22:55   #184
Senior - BHPian

I have been using SensAiry internal TPMS for 10 months. I am now using an old Android phone dedicated for TPMS as previously I saw some delay with App updating tyre pressure/temperature when phone Bluetooth was shared for other activities.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20210818_161912.jpg

This set up worked fine during my recent long drive.

Cold tyre pressure/temperature at home:

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-sa1.jpg

After two and half hours of driving:

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-sa2.jpg

Last edited by airbus : 27th August 2021 at 23:03.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 05:22   #185
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In the App, there is an option to 'interchange tyres'. Open that and interchange the positions as per the rotation done on the car and press DONE.

"Interchange Tyres" options
Attachment 2062290

Drag the sensor to the position you want and then click DONE (top right corner)
Attachment 2062289
Hi Anurag,
Have you done this since whenever I am dragging it this is again going back to original positions.
Let me know if I am making some errors in it.
Old 29th August 2021, 22:26   #186
src
BHPian

@a4anurag, problem is resolved now.
Was not aware that while doing the Interchange of Tyres from App the names remain constant but the position changes.

@Mods, please merge the post with my earlier one.
src is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:17   #187
BHPian

Hi everyone, after one year of waiting and keeping endless doubts I've finally decided to go with Sensairy tpms. Wanted to buy the HUD but checked with them, it seems they are no longer making those due to some semi-conductor problems in India.

One question: As they offer internal and external both, wanted to check which are more reliable? I know the hassle with external ones like while removing those to fill air but which are generally more accurate? and what's the battery status for internal ones, I've read for some it's lasting nearly 4 years.

Last edited by pravarag : 27th September 2021 at 10:18. Reason: misspelled "battery"
pravarag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:50   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravarag View Post
One question: As they offer internal and external both, wanted to check which are more reliable? I know the hassle with external ones like while removing those to fill air but which are generally more accurate? and what's the battery status for internal ones, I've read for some it's lasting nearly 4 years.
I've been using the internal ones for close to 4 and half years now. 1 sensor went dead about 6 months back. Others are working fine. I have the replacement sensors with me but apparently they are not configured to work with older HUDs. Moreover, not sure if the newer valves fit on Brezza alloys.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20210927105317__01.jpg
Old valve.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20210927105224__01.jpg
New one.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 27th September 2021 at 10:54.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:17   #189
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions and all the details available on this thread, I got the internal TPMS fixed today at Bengaluru ( Sai Iyengar tyre centre or SLD tyre centre). Met Ajay, who was very co-operative throughout the process, got the app installed in phones plus apk installed for android-auto.

Here is how it's working so far,

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20210930_125251.jpg
pravarag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 09:10   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions and all the details available on this thread, I got the internal TPMS fixed today at Bengaluru ( Sai Iyengar tyre centre or SLD tyre centre). Met Ajay, who was very co-operative throughout the process, got the app installed in phones plus apk installed for android-auto.

Here is how it's working so far,
Well there have been some recent developments and I should have seen it coming. I am seeing significant delays in the app updates for the recent tyre pressures for all 5 tyres. And this is mostly happening when phone's bluetooth is shared with Car's multimedia system (Sync3 in my case). Attaching few images for reference,

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20211002172006_sensairy.jpg
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20211006092419_sensairy.jpg
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20211007100017_sensairy.jpg

I'm in constant touch with Ajay from Sensairy and he has been very helpful so far, still trying to find a solution for this. Otherwise, I fear I'll have to live with it by dedicating a mobile just for monitoring the TPMS only

Also one more query, how often does everyone check their APP for the tyre pressure? Like everyday once, twice or weekly once, twice ?
Old 11th October 2021, 10:56   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also one more query, how often does everyone check their APP for the tyre pressure? Like everyday once, twice or weekly once, twice ?
I never check at all. I have kept the app with auto-start permissions + removed it from all battery optimizations. Effectively it remains always running, and I let it keep the icon badge permanently in the status bar (all this on Android of course).

I've set the thresholds for upper and lower pressures in all 5 tyres in both my cars in the app. I get audio alert when the threshold is breached in any tyre. Then I check. Otherwise I don't open the app at all. This IMO is the beauty of it.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 11:20   #192
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in constant touch with Ajay from Sensairy and he has been very helpful so far, still trying to find a solution for this. Otherwise, I fear I'll have to live with it by dedicating a mobile just for monitoring the TPMS only

Not sure if this is the best workflow but what I do i switch on the app when i get into the car. It successfully connects and updates the tyre pressure by the time the engine warms up.

After this point I don't bother with the app anymore. As far as I know the app is meant to give an alert for any pressure loss in the tyres (even for slow leaks). If I do check the app later on it would only be during fuel or food stops.

Didn't realize that having the mobile bluetooth occupied with another device would slow down the app. I guess then the only way out would be to use the usb cable to connect the mobile to the infotainment system.
Old 11th October 2021, 12:08   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Didn't realize that having the mobile bluetooth occupied with another device would slow down the app. I guess then the only way out would be to use the usb cable to connect the mobile to the infotainment system.
Actually I've tried that, the problem is with the cellphone connected via USB cable on the Android Auto, the bluetooth is again turned on automatically. And this will again result in the same problem of slow updates. Now my only point of concern here is, because of the slow updates, I may never get the timely alert of air-pressure leakages at all
Old 8th November 2021, 23:50   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
[*]The sensors are fitted with irreplaceable batteries, the life of which are about 5 years as per the company. After that, we need new sensors which as per them would be available at a cheaper rate to previous customers.
Will it be possible for an electronics DIY expert to open up the sensors to replace the batteries? Has anyone tried that?
Old 9th November 2021, 01:20   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I get audio alert when the threshold is breached in any tyre. Then I check. Otherwise I don't open the app at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
After this point I don't bother with the app anymore. As far as I know the app is meant to give an alert for any pressure loss in the tyres (even for slow leaks).
Quote:
Now my only point of concern here is, because of the slow updates, I may never get the timely alert of air-pressure leakages at all
About 10 months back during a long drive when we stopped for a tea break, I noticed that pressure was not updated for nearly one hour from one of my tyres. I had to switch off/on Bluetooth on the phone couple of times to get reading from that sensor again. Now if we assume that TPMS App will alert in case of significant fluctuation of tyre pressure, it may not if it is not getting reading from sensor for a long time.

Then I thought Bluetooth sharing may be an issue. We had an old android phone at home, which is now dedicated for SensAiry TPMS. This phone is without any SIM card and I use Wi-Fi for App updates. I have not seen delay in tyre pressure update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Will it be possible for an electronics DIY expert to open up the sensors to replace the batteries? Has anyone tried that?
I have seen DIY videos on YouTube of replacing TPMS battery. But not sure, it is worth of that much effort. After one year of usage, my TPMS battery status is still showing full and if battery lasts for 3 - 5 years or more, I might replace the sensor itself.

Last edited by airbus : 9th November 2021 at 01:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks