Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2018, 21:38   #61
BHPian

re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Can anyone help in enabling SensAiry in XUV on Android Auto. I tried a4anurag's method but unfortunately it's not working.
Old 22nd July 2018, 22:12   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Can anyone help in enabling SensAiry in XUV on Android Auto. I tried a4anurag's method but unfortunately it's not working.
They are having issues with the Android auto support currently.

It has stopped working in mine after I updated the App recently.
Old 22nd July 2018, 22:19   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You cannot enable it using the app available on Google Playstore. You'll need an apk file developed by them. Uninstall the one from playstore and then install the app. Also you'll have to disable the auto update feature. It works fine then but there is a catch, the screen goes blank after just over an hour. This is due to the app closing down automatically. I feel this is more to do with the Oreo than the app in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
They are having issues with the Android auto support currently.

It has stopped working in mine after I updated the App recently.
It stopped for mine too after I did their recent update but then I went back to the apk file one. Now it's working fine.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd July 2018 at 22:21.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 22:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
You cannot enable it using the app available on Google Playstore. You'll need an apk file developed by them. Uninstall the one from playstore and then install the app. Also you'll have to disable the auto update feature. It works fine then but there is a catch, the screen goes blank after just over an hour. This is due to the app closing down automatically. I feel this is more to do with the Oreo than the app in itself.

It stopped for mine too after I did their recent update but then I went back to the apk file one. Now it's working fine.
I installed the app from apk provided by the seller for Android Auto not from the play store but it still not shows up in android auto.
Old 22nd July 2018, 22:48   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I installed the app from apk provided by the seller for Android Auto not from the play store but it still not shows up in android auto.
🤔 Have you tried enabling all permissions to Android Auto and Sensairy? This issue might be company specific. It works in my Bosch Infotainment system of Maruti.
Old 25th July 2018, 12:16   #66
BHPian

I tried all methods but unfortunately SensAiry app (non-Google Play Android Auto compatible version 1.0.22_1A) do not work with latest XUV's Android Auto HU. If anybody could confirm about the build/manufacturer of the latest HU of XUV, maybe the Tymtix guys could fix it. As far as I know, the earlier generation XUV's used Nippon's HU. I asked Tymtix to get in touch with any Nippon service center contact to get more info on it. Tymtix said that they sent the authentic Android Auto app to Play store but was rejected since they are not OEM. Sad. If we can have Amazon Prime, Musicolet and other apps which aren't OEM as well, then why can't be others?
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 21:13   #67
BHPian

I've been using only external TPMS (Roger in Fortuner and i20, Blaupunkt in Honda city) for last two years. No issues at all regarding any attempted theft.

No need for any extra app in phone. Small monitor in extended lighter socket. Beeps instantly when pressure goes down below 27 either due to a leak or after 8000 Ft. height! No battery replacement till now. Individual replacement sensors are available from vendors if required.

I think if the external sensors are fitted properly, valve stem air leak issue almost never happens. Hence i have had to top up air only once or twice in a year. And i do it myself with best quality twin cylinder pump and digital gauze available. When car goes for servicing and wheel balancing, the service guy is told not to bother with sensors), Only extra work is while repairing a puncture - three turns of a nut with a small wrench.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 27th July 2018 at 21:17.
Old 31st July 2018, 12:36   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Can anyone help in enabling SensAiry in XUV on Android Auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I got the Sensairy TPMS installed
Received an email from Mr. Ajay Bhat of Tymtix with the latest .apk file for the Android Auto.

File Name: SensAiry_android_auto_1.0.23A

Uninstalled the SensAiry app that I was using and installed the new '.apk' file that they provided. Happy to report, all working as advertised.

Home screen on opening Android Auto
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20180731_1149411280x720.jpg

If seen in the Android Auto app
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20180731114739.jpg

4 tyres
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20180731_1226161280x720.jpg

Spare
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20180731_1226231280x720.jpg

PS 1: Please ignore the rear right tyre pressure, was intentionally kept high for checking leaks (if any), had a puncture in that tyre yesterday. I forgot to reduce it to 34 psi. These values seen are after a 288 kms drive that I just completed.

PS 2: In the email that I received from Ajay Bhat @ Tymtix it had a reference link on "How to activate the SensAiry readings on Android Auto HU's" (This link from my Creta's ownership review). Happy to see the post being helpful and used by them. Thank you Ajay & Prabhu for sharing the updated file.

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st July 2018 at 12:50.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 13:32   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Received an email from Mr. Ajay Bhat of Tymtix with the latest .apk file for the Android Auto.
Somehow I'm not being contacted by them regarding any updates. Anyway, the apk file was sent to me by VBOC member Mr. Anupam Agarwal today. And I did test it on my car. Seems to be working fine. Thanks to him.
My brother is also planning to get it installed in his new vehicle when it's decided which one.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20180731_133014.jpg

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20180731133234.jpg
Old 31st July 2018, 20:42   #70
BHPian

The new version also not works with the new XUV Android Auto HU.
Old 26th August 2018, 11:56   #71
BHPian

This was an interesting thread. The product seems great for what it offers. There is one concern that I have, since the sensor needs to be paired with the phone before installation, what happens if you lose/change your phone? I suppose you will have to remove all the tyres, deflate them, separate the rubbers from the rims/alloys to access the sensors (basically do the installation minus fitting the sensors, all over again) in order to pair them again with your new device. This seems to be the only major drawback according to me. Other than this issue, the product seems VFM and I would definitely give it a try in future.
Old 26th August 2018, 12:09   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
what happens if you lose/change your phone?
If I have understood the question correctly then you need not worry about this. Because the account is linked to Google or FB or SensAiry account that remembers everything.

If you lose the mobile or change it, after the App is installed, you just need to login to the account that you used to register the first time and all the data is restored. No need to re-pair the sensors or deflate the tyres. See the attached image.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-psx_20180826_120454.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th August 2018 at 12:13.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 12:39   #73
BHPian

Quote:
If I have understood the question correctly then you need not worry about this. Because the account is linked to Google or FB or SensAiry account that remembers everything.

If you lose the mobile or change it, after the App is installed, you just need to login to the account that you used to register the first time and all the data is restored. No need to re-pair the sensors or deflate the tyres.
That's great then. But I wonder how is that possible. Since the pairing happens over Bluetooth, does the Google/SensAiry account store the Bluetooth paired device information as well? And when you change phone does it automatically re-pair the new device with the previously stored information of all the sensors?
As an example of what I am trying to say, lets say you have paired a Bluetooth speaker with your phone and you have taken a Google Backup of your entire phone and you change your phone and restore that backup into your new phone. Does that restore the bluetooth paired device information as well? If not, then I suppose you cannot connect with the speaker automatically unless you re-pair the speaker with your new device again. I might be wrong here, I need to try out this scenario with my bluetooth speakers maybe.
Old 26th August 2018, 12:49   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
And when you change phone does it automatically re-pair the new device with the previously stored information of all the sensors?
When I changed my mobile from OnePlus 3T to OnePlus 5T, I had to re-install the App and sign into my Google account.

It worked without any need to pair the sensors.

EDIT:

Taken from the SensAiry website FAQ:

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20180826125533.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2018 at 22:31. Reason: Typo
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 11:47   #75
BANNED

Updated the SensAiry App and they've implemented a widget so one doesn't need to open the App to check the pressures.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20180907114401.jpg

SensAiry widget on the home screen of my mobile
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20180907114236.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks