Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2017, 14:28   #16
BHPian

re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post

How good or reliable is a solar powered unit in a car?
The first unit is doing duty in my car since last 3 months with no problems at all. As per the product documentation when the unit is running with the lcd off then it draws less than 3mA of current and with the LCD less than 50mA. The LCD panel on the rear is of the size 3x2 inches appx. As the unit is stuck to the windscreen, the solar panel faces the sky all the time. Even at 6 in the morning, when I go for morning walk, the battery level is full.

My usage is like this- In my car the unit is turned on 24x7. At home or office, the cars are parked in the open, so if the sun is up then the unit is charging. The driver has been instructed to turn on the lcd once in the morning to check air pressure and whenever he thinks necessary. After pressing a button the LCD comes on for about 15-20 seconds and turns off automatically.

P.S. I cannot comment what the working will be like, if the car is parked in an underground parking both at home and office, limiting its exposure to sun.
Old 8th July 2017, 14:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoholic View Post
*SNIP*

As a user of an aftermarket TPMS, I would like to share my thoughts and experiences here.

*SNIP*

My reasons for choosing this particular TPMS system
1. Standalone - Is not connected to phone or any system of the vehicle. The display is a 3x3inch unit which sticks to the windshield keeping the dashboard the way I like it, clean and clutter free(yeah, no temples/ perfumes).
2. Solar powered- No wire install/cutting hassle, no power outlet getting busy. Wired charger is included but not needed.
3. Internal Sensors (4 nos)- External sensors are theft prone.
4. Dirt cheap at 52USD (Rs3500appx) shipped. No customs paid. Excellent quality for the price.

The unit is programmable to show pressure in psi/bar and temperature in celcius/fahrenheit. The safe pressure range can also be set. They claim the sensor battery to last 5+years but at this price i'll be happy even if it lasts half that.

I request everyone specially those who make frequent long trips / highway runs to have TPMS installed. I think its like a little insurance preventing claiming of insurance.
Would you mind letting us know the brand and model of your TPMS please, and also a link to a seller?

Thanks and cheers
Old 8th July 2017, 15:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
The first unit is doing duty in my car since last 3 months with no problems at all. As per the product documentation when the unit is running with the lcd off then it draws less than 3mA of current and with the LCD less than 50mA. The LCD panel on the rear is of the size 3x2 inches appx. As the unit is stuck to the windscreen, the solar panel faces the sky all the time. Even at 6 in the morning, when I go for morning walk, the battery level is full.

My usage is like this- In my car the unit is turned on 24x7. At home or office, the cars are parked in the open, so if the sun is up then the unit is charging. The driver has been instructed to turn on the lcd once in the morning to check air pressure and whenever he thinks necessary. After pressing a button the LCD comes on for about 15-20 seconds and turns off automatically.

P.S. I cannot comment what the working will be like, if the car is parked in an underground parking both at home and office, limiting its exposure to sun.
Hello
That is quite satisfactory !
In fact that is actually one of the drawbacks of this “sensairy tpms”; you can’t see the pressures/temperatures at the touch of a button.
I wish the company could develop something wherein the app could be installed in the various headunits of cars which come with bluetooth and displays like say the BP philadelphia 835 where in it would become much easier to monitor the pressures at the touch of a button.
Old 8th July 2017, 15:40   #19
BHPian

I have been using a TPMS, sourced from Aliexpress. It was a package deal along with the touch screen Head unit that I had bought for my Skoda Rapid (2015 Make). It was certainly a good buy and has helped me on more than a couple of occasions. For instance, the Air filling machine at many petrol pumps in my city isn't properly calibrated which has caused wrong inflation many a times. The TPMS helps avoid those situations. Highway rides are also more stress free as I can see the real time change in Temperature and pressure of the Tyres.

However Off late I have been facing a strange issue. The Tyre pressure in the Front Right Tyre drops drastically on Highway runs at speeds of 110 - 120. I usually don't exceed 90 - 100KMPH and most of the times my cruise control is set at 90. However on the occasional need for speed bursts I do touch 110 - 120 for a few seconds. It's then that the pressure of the Front right Tyre drops significantly. There is absolutely no drop in pressure while driving in the city or even while parked overnight. I have got the Tyre checked at two different shops and found no puncture. The second time, the mechanic recommended to fill Nitrogen instead of Normal air and probably the pressure won't drop as N2 doesn't expand or contract with temperature as normal air does and also explained a host of other advantages of filling N2 - In all the years of owning and driving car's I have never found these claims to be worth considering. However for change I did try filling N2 but the effect after highway run was the same.

It's not that the TPMS is malfunctioning as when the pressure dropped on the last highway run, I got the pressure checked and topped it up to the recommended level and continued driving at 90 - 100KMPH and there was no further drop in pressure. I am attaching the picture indicating low pressure after a spirited Highway run. Can anybody guide as to what the cause might be. I am little concerned to take the car on highway trips now.
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-low-pressure.jpg  

Old 8th July 2017, 15:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Would you mind letting us know the brand and model of your TPMS please, and also a link to a seller?

Thanks and cheers
There is no brand name on the box. But here in the link to ALIEXPRESS store from where I bought. If you scroll down the page to transaction history, you will see my order dated 15th June.

It is currently showing a price of 63USD, you can search and maybe find a better deal from some other seller or wait it out.

Alternatively go to this link, its giving the best price for today - ALIEXPRESS

My tip to you for shopping on aliexpress - For shipping to india avoid DPEX or ARAMEX. You will in all probability have to pay custom duty if shipping through them. Choose the most widely given free option of Aliexpress standard shipping or Chinapost registered airmail. It generally take about 30 days from the date of shipping by seller, depending upon your place of residence.
autoholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 16:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post

However Off late I have been facing a strange issue. The Tyre pressure in the Front Right Tyre drops drastically on Highway runs at speeds of 110 - 120. I usually don't exceed 90 - 100KMPH and most of the times my cruise control is set at 90. However on the occasional need for speed bursts I do touch 110 - 120 for a few seconds. It's then that the pressure of the Front right Tyre drops significantly. There is absolutely no drop in pressure while driving in the city or even while parked overnight. I have got the Tyre checked at two different shops and found no puncture. The second time, the mechanic recommended to fill Nitrogen instead of Normal air and probably the pressure won't drop as N2 doesn't expand or contract with temperature as normal air does and also explained a host of other advantages of filling N2 - In all the years of owning and driving car's I have never found these claims to be worth considering. However for change I did try filling N2 but the effect after highway run was the same.

It's not that the TPMS is malfunctioning as when the pressure dropped on the last highway run, I got the pressure checked and topped it up to the recommended level and continued driving at 90 - 100KMPH and there was no further drop in pressure. I am attaching the picture indicating low pressure after a spirited Highway run. Can anybody guide as to what the cause might be. I am little concerned to take the car on highway trips now.
Hello
Can you be really sure about your TPMS functioning correctly ? From what i have noticed in your picture ; the temperatures seems pretty low for a car which has been through a spirited highway run !
Maybe you could get the sensor checked up or even swapped with another tyre to see if it is functioning correctly. Drastic drop in readings when the tyre pressure seems okay to you visually is a classic example of a malfunctioning component; in this case your TPMS sensor.
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 19:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post

However Off late I have been facing a strange issue. The Tyre pressure in the Front Right Tyre drops drastically on Highway runs at speeds of 110 - 120.

A very peculiar issue you have. If the pressure really drops then the TPMS sensor is doing its job as it should.

If the problem arose AFTER you installed TPMS then the most probable cause is the valve stem. If its threaded type then have it tightened or replace if necessary
autoholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 22:32   #23
BHPian

I’ve been searching for exactly this for years now. I found many options on sites like AliExpress, as described in this thread, but I was loath to put an ugly plastic display anywhere inside my car. SensAiry, if it works as well as the reviews for the Android app lead me to believe, would be the perfect TPMS for me. I keep Bluetooth enabled on my phone throughout the day anyway, so it should just work. And the battery on the sensors is guaranteed to last a minimum of five years, which is just astonishing. Thank you, @BoneCollector, for posting this thread.

The product is listed as being out of stock on the website, so I sent an email to the company and received a reply almost before I hit Send. They said it would be back latest by Wednesday and that the company was working on the product full time and is very committed to it, which was quite reassuring. I can’t wait to install it on my car!

Last edited by aryayush : 9th July 2017 at 22:44.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 04:53   #24

Quote:
@BoneCollector -

The unit is programmable to show pressure in psi/bar and temperature in celcius/fahrenheit. The safe pressure range can also be set. They claim the sensor battery to last 5+years but at this price i'll be happy even if it lasts half that.

I request everyone specially those who make frequent long trips / highway runs to have TPMS installed. I think its like a little insurance preventing claiming of insurance.
Can I have the link to this product?
Old 10th July 2017, 13:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks and cheers
I presume this is where it was bought it from - https://tymtix.com/#/store

I couldn't find it on Amazon (India).

Correction: Here is the product on Amazon, but it is out of stock there as well.
http://www.amazon.in/SensAiry-Blueto.../dp/B01MZA5808

The rate & discount are consistent with the initial post. However, it appears that the product is now not in stock. Maybe you could write to them.

Last edited by swissknife : 10th July 2017 at 13:42. Reason: To include Amazon URK
Old 10th July 2017, 14:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

After the tyres were inflated to desired pressure, wheel balancing was done. The tyres took a lot of weight due to sensor inside it. It was followed with wheel alignment.
By lot of weights, how many grams are we talking about per tyre?
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 17:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
Can you be really sure about your TPMS functioning correctly ? From what i have noticed in your picture ; the temperatures seems pretty low for a car which has been through a spirited highway run !
I don't think there is any issue with the sensor. Fearing that Tyre pressure might drop I was maintaining speed of 90 - 95 only. With Petrol pump in sight i.e. within 1 km or so I pushed the accelerator pedal and to my dismay, the pressure did drop. Moreover it was rainy season and the roads were wet, hence the temperature readings as indicated in pic. Other wise I have seen the temperature going up 45 - 50 Deg C previously.

Quote:
A very peculiar issue you have. If the pressure really drops then the TPMS sensor is doing its job as it should.

If the problem arose AFTER you installed TPMS then the most probable cause is the valve stem. If its threaded type then have it tightened or replace if necessary
I have installed this for more than 6 months now. Only now I am facing this issue. The valve system is threaded type. I will dismantle the Tyres and do the tightening again. Let's see if this helps.
Old 12th July 2017, 13:25   #28
BHPian

The SensAiry product from Tymtix is back in stock now. I just paid for it; let’s see how this goes.
Old 12th July 2017, 15:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I presume this is where it was bought it from - https://tymtix.com/#/store

I couldn't find it on Amazon (India).

Correction: Here is the product on Amazon, but it is out of stock there as well.
http://www.amazon.in/SensAiry-Blueto.../dp/B01MZA5808

The rate & discount are consistent with the initial post. However, it appears that the product is now not in stock. Maybe you could write to them.
Er... my question was to a different poster re. a different TPMS; not the SensAiry

Cheers
Old 12th July 2017, 16:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Er... my question was to a different poster re. a different TPMS; not the SensAiry

Cheers
Aaaah.. OK. I went by the title of the thread.

From the picture, price range, specification and features, I believe this is the one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EANO...817367940.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks