Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2017, 00:45   #46
BHPian

re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Apologies if this is not the right thread but appeared the most appropriate.

I wanted an app based TPMS and found SensAiry a bit expensive. So I ordered this from AliExpress with external sensors. Total cost - 2264 with shipping for 4 sensors. This is probably the cheapest even on AliExpress for the entire set.

Installed them today and here are some views.

Works through an app called BLE TPMS
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20171214_191225.jpg

Since these are external sensors, they come with an anti-theft mechanism. The hexagonal ring goes in the valve first and the back of the sensor locks into it. The ring is discreet and unless somebody has the screwdriver, its hard to remove without breaking.
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20171215_095333.jpg

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20171215_095321.jpg

The sensor isn't discreet but won't grab a layman's attention. But those who know about TPMS won't find it hard to miss

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20171215_235544.jpg

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20171215_235559.jpg

Installation
External sensors are extremely easy to install. Just remove valve cap, screw the ring and mount the sensors on them. The sensors let air escape while half screwed in. The app's Auto bind feature works (initial binding) only when the air is escaping so the binding has to be done while installing. The other ways to bind are manually inputting codes or scan the barcode that came with it.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20171215095841.jpg

The sensor needs to be screwed in while the countdown (60s) is on

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20171215095632.jpg

I was quite surprised to find the tyre pressure above 36 while I had maintained it at 33 today morning itself at a nearby petrol pump.

Once the sensors are bound, the app begins tracking.

The app takes a while to update after all sensors are tightened
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20171215235735.jpg

I also tested the app simultaneously on iOS and Android and found iOS noticeably faster in responding and refreshing data.

The funny part, both showed slightly different readings in the end

iOS
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img20171216wa0002.jpg

Droid
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20171216000938.jpg

Now onto external vs internal sensors. Both have its pros and cons.

Pros
1. Easy to install. No alignment/ balancing required.
2. Relatively cheaper to buy and replace individual sensors in the future.

Cons
1. You'll have to remove them when you're refilling the tyres.
2. Theft/ attempt to theft is a concern.

About the app
1. Has a sound + vibration warning system. Show PSI + temperature + sensor battery status.
2. I tried to check the working distance and but the app didn't warn if it is out of range; it just stopped updating.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 20:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

I had the Sensairy TPMS installed in my Polo GT TSI recently. What I particularly found appealing were
  • App based system without the need to screw an aftermarket looking display onto the dash (I do suffer from OCD in maintaining a clutter free OEM look)
  • 5th set of sensors for the spare wheel adds to the reassurance factor
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_1144.jpg
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_1147.jpg

However, installation was easier said than done.
  • It was tough going from one tyre store to another explaining why I needed their time and equipment.
  • Many stores sold their (unbranded) TPMS and ducked out of installing my TPMS, with some large chain stores quoting as high as 3000/- for installation, not far from half the TPMS cost!
  • Finally one store recalled having seen such systems in Scorpios and agreed to carry out the installation

Be extremely careful of the tiny screws which can be untraceable if they fall onto the shop floor (Learning from Incidents ). Take full ownership of the parts and take them out one at a time
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_2246.jpg

Involvement from the owner is paramount if you do not want the staff to resort to 'jugaad'
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_2250.jpg

I was clueless on the recommended pressure to be set for the space-saver spare, went with 5 PSI more than regular tyres.
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_2258.jpg

The final display - There is an option to set threshold pressure and temperature values to trigger warnings, my quest is on to find out what they should be
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_2259.png

I installed the App on my Android phone as well as my wife's iPhone but have not accessed it simultaneously from both
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-20171119_133033.jpg

Noticed a lag (5 to 10 seconds) in capturing data, with some sensors taking longer. A refresh button to hasten auto capture would be welcome, otherwise a neat system that works fine. Support from Sensairy was exemplary - received instant support (email as well as telephone) even on Sunday nights!

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 13th January 2018 at 21:01.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 12:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Cons
1. You'll have to remove them when you're refilling the tyres.
2. Theft/ attempt to theft is a concern.
Using these exact Same ones since last 4 months.
Do you also get leak warning in winters when the tyres get heated up after a drive and the pressure goes up by 2-3PSi.?
Old 15th January 2018, 14:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
Using these exact Same ones since last 4 months.
Do you also get leak warning in winters when the tyres get heated up after a drive and the pressure goes up by 2-3PSi.?
Not frequently. Experienced it twice during a 1400km roadtrip to Udaipur when PSI went from 33 to 38. I maintained 35 at about 20 degrees when I installed these. PSI goes down to 33 when its 10-12 degrees overnight and 37-38 when the tyre heats to 30-32 degrees.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 01:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys QQ - I am planning to order them soon and i have a query. Lets say I have configured the sensors as per the Manual and instructions.

After Wheel Alignment every 5000 kms, say the front left tyre becomes the right rear tyre. What should be done to make the TPMS system reflect the correct tire. If tyre rotation in done and the rear left tyre leaks, it would show that front left tyre is leaking. What reconfiguration should be done to reflect the correct tyre position after rotation?

Technically there is no risk invlolved, as i would stop the car irrespective of which tyre is leaky and it would take less than 40 seconds to inspect which of the 4 tyres are leaking.
Old 16th January 2018, 07:14   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
What reconfiguration should be done to reflect the correct tyre position after rotation?
It's the simplest thing to do. All you got to do is to drag and drop the spare tyre with the leaking tyre / new position and it's done. It'll ask you for confirmation.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20180116070432.jpg
This is while dragging and dropping.

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20180116070507.jpg
This is the confirmation before execution.

The spare tyre has been overinflated as it can be deflated to desired pressure before installing.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 08:49   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Not good idea to keep spare so much over inflated. Couple of PSI is okay
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 16:17   #53
BANNED

Inspired by BoneCollector sir's installation of the TPMS, I went ahead and purchased the same for my Creta. Got the installation done and up and running. Link to the installation and all images

The only link pending in this installation was Android Auto integration. Finally got it today. Here are more details on the integration

SensAiry TPMS: Android Auto Integrated

Screen 1 - Displaying 4 sensors data
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20180407_0809491600x900.jpg

Screen 2 - Displaying 5th sensor aka Spare data
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20180407_0810031600x900.jpg

Screen view @ Night time when Pilot lamps/HL is switched ON
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20180407_0812151600x900.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th April 2018 at 17:02. Reason: Typo
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 16:32   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

The only link pending in this installation was Android Auto integration. Finally got it today. Here are more details on the integration
Great. I've not yet checked due to some work. I'll be doing it tomorrow. So basically if you're looking at pressures, you cannot navigate. Can music be streamed from any of the Android Auto apps like Amazon Prime Music while the screen displays the pressures?
Old 7th April 2018, 17:04   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Can music be streamed from any of the Android Auto apps like Amazon Prime Music while the screen displays the pressures?
I could change screens from SensAiry to Maps and then to music also.

Only issue is the HU is useless and laggy. Takes ages for things to get displayed.
Old 20th May 2018, 06:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I was seriously considering this as I am not very happy with my Nonda Zus external TPMS.

The key reasons were that it is Indian and the responsiveness that BoneCollector stressed on. Also the fact that it is app based.

But there was no response to my mail inquiring about the product. I got the sales persons number from a contact on WhatsApp. Looks like the sales person has quit. The phone was answered by a 'technical guy'.

How stable is this company? Will it still be there 6 months from now?

Any info?

BTW, they said the 2 wheeler system is not functional and that they offer a 500 buck discount for t-bhp members. They also offer a 4 valve system for 1500 less.

Last edited by sridhu : 20th May 2018 at 06:16.
Old 20th May 2018, 06:58   #57
BHPian

I got 4 Sensairy sensors installed in my Hexa, was unable to test it much as I left for a work assignment couple days after the installation.

The sensors were installed at a tyre shop in Thane, shop recommend by the Sensairy guys.
It took a little more than an hour and they charged
me Rs.100 per tyre plus Rs. 550 for wheel balancing, total 950 which I believe is pretty reasonable.

Just after installation I faced a little issue and messaged Mr. Prabhu, his response was instantaneous, fortunately the issue got rectifed on it's own.

Don't know how the company is doing but their product is good and customer service exemplary, I hope with such strong fundamentals they will last for a while.

If you check online their website has phone number and email id for queries.
Old 20th May 2018, 08:44   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
How stable is this company? Will it still be there 6 months from now?

Any info?
I don't think there are issues with the stability related for the company. I am in constant touch with Mr. Prabhu over WhatsApp for any doubts or help needed on the TPMS system. I get timely response too.

Did you try talking to him (Mr. Prabhu I mean)?
Old 22nd May 2018, 23:12   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
Don't know how the company is doing but their product is good and customer service exemplary, I hope with such strong fundamentals they will last for a while.
Got sensairy TPMS installed for my Hexa as soon as I got my car in January. What is exceptional is the brilliant service they offer. Two engineers from the development team helped me install the sensors. This really inspired confidence in the company and the proactive nature of Mr.Prabhu to answer all the queries instantly, is what today's customers demand.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 10:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

I got the Sensairy TPMS installed.

Happy until now. Good support from Prabhu.

My installation review of the Sensairy is included in my Crysta Ownership post
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks