Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2022, 01:30   #211
BHPian

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN_Liv2D View Post
Oh ok. Sure. Thanks.
Morning only ordered. Anyways can call Treel directly tomorrow morning and Clarify on this. (both on Price and installation in Chennai)
You should've waited. Cancel if you can. Get it from offline store. They include installation too. This comment seems genuine, I called up here in my city and the prices which this person has mentioned in his comment, are around the same.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 08:25   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
You should've waited. Cancel if you can. Get it from offline store. They include installation too. This comment seems genuine, I called up here in my city and the prices which this person has mentioned in his comment, are around the same.
Sure, thanks. Trying to reach them for the same immediately.
Old 18th April 2022, 12:19   #213
BHPian

Re: Treel : An app-based TPMS

Sent a mail to JK treel asking for Chennai dealers. Got back a reply asking what I want?

The mail had a toll free number and I called that number. Got a message saying toll free number is switched off. Later I got a message from Treel support as to what is it that I want. Mentioned the same - details of dealers in Chennai. Was asked to send pin code. Got back a reply that they could not find any dealer in that pincode. I mentioned that its okay and requested them to send me their Chennai list and I will check up with them. They sent me a url and asked to me check up - it showed 3 dealers and I called up the dealer nearest to me. He does not pick up the phone.

All this just for getting a dealer list. How can I trust them for any support if I buy the product. Does it take so much time and effort to locate your dealer JK? Does it give any confidence in buying their TPMS?

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th April 2022 at 14:59. Reason: Editing for typos, language correction and general readability.
rameshsar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th April 2022, 12:29   #214
BHPian

Re: Treel : An app-based TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshsar View Post
Sent a mail to JK treel asking for chennai dealers. got back a reply asking what i want? The mail had a toll free number and I called that number. Got a message saying toll free number is switched off. Later i got a message from Treel support as to what is it that I want. Mentioned the same ..dealers in chennai. was asked to send pin code. got bak a reply that they could not find any dealer in that pincode. mentioned its okay send me your chennai list and i will check up with them. They sent me a url and asked to me check up, it showed 3 dealers and i called up the dealer nearest tome. He does not pick up the phone.

All this jut for getting a dealer list. how can i trust them for any support if i buy the product. Does it take so much time and effort to locate your dealer JK? Does it give any confidence in buying their TPMS?
This is the link sir. Support would be provided by the dealer, call the other one. Dealers list is always available online, you should've checked it on JK Tyre's site.
Not picking up call is nothing as compared to your sensor failing and for its replacement you need to remove the tyre from rim, then again wheel balancing.. A load of other stuff too. You'll know how lengthy the process becomes once they start failing, and are not in warranty.
Old 18th April 2022, 15:04   #215
BHPian

Before calling the helpline, I checked the dealers list online. I went to two dealers who mentioned that they do not deal with Treel though they are JK Tyre dealers. Please explain why have a toll free line if it is switched off? Why does it take so many tries to get a simple dealers list?

Quote:
Which dealer in Chennai did you call and what was the price (including installation) quoted?

Got in touch with a dealer in Taramani, Chennai. At first he quoted 5k for 4 JK Treel sensors plus installation. I mentioned that the website shows 4k after discounts. To which he said he will do it for 4k with installation. He also mentioned that he is the only guy who can do installation for TPMS. I know for sure that there are other tyre stations who are well versed in sensor installation and he was pulling a fast one on me !

Is 4k a good price with installation?

Last edited by Aditya : 18th April 2022 at 18:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 18th April 2022, 17:54   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Please explain why have a toll free line if it is switched off? Why does it take so many tries to get a simple dealers list?

Which dealer in Chennai did you call and what was the price (including installation) quoted?
Sir, with due respect I am not a representative of JK Tyre. I'm just helping you out here. I've no affiliations with JK Tyre or Sensairy. What I am saying is just from my experience of dealing and using Sensairy. You can read my posts above, I've been using sensairy for the past 5 years.

I do not know why they are so unresponsive. Website was the easier method which I thought could help you out.

I am not from Chennai, Sir. I'm up north here. I just called up one dealer and he told me what I mentioned above. The price mentioned was below 4k for all the 5 sensors including installation. IIRC, it was around 3500.

Quote:
got in touch with a dealer in Taramani, chennai. at first he quoted 5k for 4 JK Teel sensors plus installation. I mentioned that website shows 4k after discounts.

To which he said he will do it for 4k with installation. He also mentioned that he is the only guy who can do installation for TPMS. I know for sure that there are other tyre stations who are well versed in sensor installation and he was pulling a fast one on me !

4k with installation seems okay for 5 sensors not 4. As I've posted earlier somebody from Bangalore got it done for 3k for 4 sensors. No, he cannot be the only guy to do this. It is not rocket science. Just like a regular valve, it needs to be fixed and screwed with the sensor. Any tyre shop will install this for you and they are well versed with sensors as many cars like Scorpio, Thar, XUV500, Verna etc. already come with TPMS installed. So they know how to deal with this.

After the installation you just need to get tyres balanced since you are adding in sensor weight to the tyre.

4k seems a bit high for 4 sensors. Have you tried all 3 dealers listed on their website?
Old 18th April 2022, 18:10   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, with due respect I am not a representative of JK Tyre. I'm just helping you out here. I've no affiliations with JK Tyre or Sensairy. What I am saying is just from my experience of dealing and using Sensairy. You can read my posts above, I've been using sensairy for the past 5 years.

I do not know why they are so unresponsive. Website was the easier method which I thought could help you out.

I am not from Chennai, Sir. I'm up north here. I just called up one dealer and he told me what I mentioned above. The price mentioned was below 4k for all the 5 sensors including installation. IIRC, it was around 3500.

4k with installation seems okay for 5 sensors not 4. As I've posted earlier somebody from Bangalore got it done for 3k for 4 sensors. No, he cannot be the only guy to do this. It is not rocket science. Just like a regular valve, it needs to be fixed and screwed with the sensor. Any tyre shop will install this for you and they are well versed with sensors as many cars like Scorpio, Thar, XUV500, Verna etc. already come with TPMS installed. So they know how to deal with this.

After the installation you just need to get tyres balanced since you are adding in sensor weight to the tyre.

4k seems a bit high for 4 sensors. Have you tried all 3 dealers listed on their website?
BTW i have been using sensairy for the last 4 years. i see now that 3 of my sensors have failed though the battery shows full. I am considering switch to treel due to the high cost. Support wise Ajay and Prabhu have been of great help and I have also recommend them to friends. i have 2 cars , both with Sensairy. Wanted to try out Treel due to their warranty and battery life at a half the cost of the Sensairy

Of the 3 dealers one does not pick the phone. Second guy quoted total of 3k including installation but he is 75 mts away from my place and not worth driving all the way there . The 3rd guy was the arrogant one who quoted 5k with extra for installation and claims that anyone buying JK has to come to him. Finally he quoted 4k with installation for 4 sensors.. JK has not been of much help here with respect to information requested. I can buy the sensors and get it installed for Rs 100 per tyre which i have done before...I wanted to know from other chennai buyers their experience with Chennai dealers and installation before taking a decision as I am not in a hurry. JK has a toll free number but when you call then you get a message saying switched off since morning. In my earlier post i mentioned that this does not speak highly of Jk...
Old 18th April 2022, 19:53   #218
BHPian

Quote:

Have been using Treel sensors since last 6 months. It costs 2.5 K - for set of 5 sensors (we have an online version as well which has HUD as well) and additional 1 K for wheel balancing and alignment (all 5 were balanced). I planned this along with my 15 K tire balancing, rotation and alignment routine. So effectively it cost me 2.5 K only as I would anyway have done the 15 K routine irrespective of TPMS or not.

Don't think you will get any cheaper options for internal TPMS. Looks and feel sturdy enough and there is a 5 year warranty on sensors. The TPMS app works pretty well and syncs up all tires within 2 minutes of opening the app. Its a battery hogger though and needs location and Bluetooth services to be on. I usually kill the app and force stop it except for when I am driving on a long road trip. Any cosmetic damage to rest of the body is not covered under warranty. So only the sensors can be changed if they fail and for rest all cases you have to buy a new one.

I have checked and the sensor is usually +/- 1 PSI when compared with a Michelin tire pressure gauge. Buy a gauge/tire inflator and you are well set to not require going to a tire shop more than once a year or if there is a puncture. You can as well get a puncture kit but that would only be for emergencies. Given a choice who wants to get the hands dirty

I use these well

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You get all details in the JKtyre site: https://treel.in/dealer-locator/

Shows 25+ dealers in Chennai.

The first store I called picked up the and it was a 2 hour job. Search within 50 kms radius and you should be good.

Unless the valve is physically damaged this should last long enough.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by nibedk : 18th April 2022 at 19:57. Reason: Correction
nibedk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 20:29   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Have been using Treel sensors since last 6 months.
Can you please post some images of their interface? Also, does it show temperature and is it Android Auto compatible?
Old 18th April 2022, 20:42   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please post some images of their interface? Also, does it show temperature and is it Android Auto compatible?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...uetooth-2.html (Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth)

This thread has all the info you need. Office laptop is hardened so transferring pics and all is a cumbersome job. In case you need any specific info please feel free to ask on the thread or can PM me as well. Will try and answer at the earliest.
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 19:55   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The new valve sets were not fitting in the alloys of Brezza. They're somewhat different from the earlier ones along with the sensors. I told him the issue and he asked me to send the sensors back and he would send it again to me after putting 3M tape for fitting it on the rim. I was not happy with this way of fitment. It is hazardous. What if the sensor dislodges from its point of attachment? In that case, it would be freely mobile inside the tyre and that can lead to a major disaster! So as of now, I have 2 non working sensors in my tyres and 2 working sensors which can't be fitted in Brezza alloys. They claim that it fits other company alloys so what's wrong with Brezza alloys?

Attachment 2295391
Old valve.

Attachment 2295390
Old valve used to sit flush with alloy.

Attachment 2295392
New valve.

Attachment 2295383
New valve doesn't sit flush with alloys. Infact it can't be fitted on Brezza alloys.
Hi, I am using Treel TPMS which has a similar TR valve ( like the new one of the Sensairy TR valve). I was able to fit it, the technician in my hometown had patience and he tried fitting this carefully. Please see the attached pics ( First 2 are with new TR valve and the last pic was without TPMS old valve from a different Brezza)
Also we tried using the standard TR valve for TPMS available in market at ₹120, it was fitting well but I wasn’t confident / comfortable as inflating the tyre took more time so I insisted using the ones that came with Treel TPMS. The other option would be using the TR valve ( old model ) from Senseairy and use the Treel TPMS ( ₹560 for 5 pcs ). Currently I carry the old model TPMS TR valves from Senseairy and standard TR valve ( Non TPMS ) as spare in my car as a precaution.

Regards,
Ananth
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-88a73d397790416fb94ecf93aab17a00.jpeg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-754d176f03704a629d7eddd45eea5135.jpeg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-12efcec50b5d41659380d48c1e7bdebe.jpeg  

Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 09:46   #222

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the support.

After the last week (18th-Apr) order of Treel sensors (5 sensors + display HUD option with 20% offer in website for Rs.5999/-) please find below the happenings, which may help others too;

From order to shipment arrival
- a support person from Treel started a WhatsApp chat to my number.
I informed about the lower price with dealers which i heard from forums and was in parallel checking with nearby dealer in chennai mentioned in below link (link: https://treel.in/dealer-locator/ and https://jktyre.com/steelwheels.aspx)
In the chat they asked if I want to cancel the order, for which i responded that I need to confirm on the lower price with dealer and then can proceed with cancellation.
Meanwhile one dealer after multiple follow up told that he can give the sensor + installation for Rs.900 per sensor.
While this was happening, seems the Treel shipment the already shipped the product, which i came to know later only after checking mail (no SMS).

- This week Tuesday, I received the sensors shipment. The product looked good.

- Note: Once received, i just scanned the
QR code in the Outer Box of the product with the Smart Tyres App (for JK Tyres Treel), the sensors got automatically mapped based on the position label FR/FL/RR/RL/ST stickers in each sensor. Also the HUD display also synced with the App properly.

Installation

- Yesterday (Wednesday) i took the sensor box and the vehicle (Nexon XZ+) to one of the nearby dealer mentioned in the Treel site itself.
- Note: from this specific dealer, after showing the Treel sensors, i came to know that the JK tyre sensors which dealers suggested is not the Treel sensors, but the direct JK tyre sensor coming with tyres for lower cost. And they are not available in set, only in single separate pieces. And the warranty is not ensured by them. Dont know if this is common with all dealers. Please ensure to check on the warranty and sensor type with local dealers before proceeding with them.

- while others quoted around Rs.200 for installation, this dealer quoted Rs 250/- per sensor installation. As I requested about Wheel balancing after the installation he quoted additional Rs.150/- per tyre for Wheel balancing. (so total: 5 wheels installation and 4 wheels balancing = Rs.1850/-); as other dealers were relatively far, i proceeded for the installation with this dealer.

- please note that the Treel sensors where able to be installed properly only for the 4 Alloy wheels (215R16) of Nexon. Unable to fit the Treel sensor properly in the Normal Steel (non-Alloy) Wheel (195R16) used for Stepney. They tried installation, but since the air was leaking at the sensor valve side, they removed the sensors and installed the normal valve itself. I requested if any rubber washers can help for Stepney wheel with sensor valve, but they told that it is not advisable, as the steel wheel internal shape is slightly sloped. (Please note this issue is mainly for Nexon owners, but I have also seen some others have installed Treel sensors for lower variants of Nexon itself, in which all wheels are steel wheels, these others suggested to check with MRF shops for installation).
Note: the wheels were also rotated and mounted, as I have completed more than 9.5K Kms. (Rotation: FL--> RL, FR--> RR, RL--> FR, RR--> FL, as suggested in Nexon Manual).

- so since the labor happened for sensors installation in all 5 wheels (even though they had to remove finally from the Stepney wheel), and the balancing also done for 4 wheels, they asked for the initially agreed price only. After discussion finally paid Rs 1800/- (close to agreed value only).

Usage/Issues and Support

- After installation, all the wheels are showing properly in both HUD display and the App.
- for the Stepney wheel alone i set the min max threshold in app from 0-10psi, to avoid alert from that Stepney sensor.

- the minor issues faced from now;
- once the Stepney wheel configuration changed, the app notified to sync this with HUD Display, once allowed to sync, it seems to sync, but then again asking to sync as the configuration changed in app (even though I did not change the configuration). Now, this sync notification comes continuously. Dont know how to fix this.
- Also this app is not able to be shown in Android-Auto screen. If anyone know how to connect this app to Android Auto for direct notification and alert, please help to let know.
- also the display does not seems to turn On automatically after detecting the vehicle vibration. It just seems to shows the display in an interval. Need help in configuring the display while starting the car itself. (Tried the possible settinga in both App and HUD, but not helping)

- Regarding Support, the Toll free number given in the Treel website is switched off. Now the only hope was to contact the same person who contacted in WhatsApp. Requested for support from them regarding the above issues yesterday evening. Thier response is slow. Yet to get response. Hopefully today can get i suppose. I can update here based on the response if fruitful.

Current summary

The Treel Sensors product seems to be really good and reliable. Warranty of 5yrs stated in website is very good. But the recent support (Customer care) contact mechanism (in case of any issues) seems to be not easy. Can try to get further information on this and post it.

Attached some photos/snapshots for reference.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220427_190754.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220426_210724.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220427_204425.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220427_204441_front-right.jpg  

SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-img_20220428_103035.jpg  

JPN_Liv2D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 10:08   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Have been using Treel sensors since last 6 months. It costs 2.5 K - for set of 5 sensors (we have an online version as well which has HUD as well) and additional 1 K for wheel balancing and alignment (all 5 were balanced). I planned this along with my 15 K tire balancing, rotation and alignment routine. So effectively it cost me 2.5 K only as I would anyway have done the 15 K routine irrespective of TPMS or not.

Hi,

Thanks for the review. I too installed the same Treel sensors in Chennai (near Padi) yesterday which i bought online with 5sensors + display option. The vehicle you installed uses Alloy or steel wheels. As for Nexon it only fitted to 4 Alloy wheels, not to the Steel wheel used for Stepney as the air leaks. Also I did only rotation (position change) and balancing after installation of sensors (ODO: 9.5K Kms). Is Wheel alignment also required after installation. Please let know if the Smart Tyre app for Treel sensors can be connected to Android Auto for alert notificationa directly in Car Infotainment Display screen.

Also by chance if you were able to reach the Treel customer care, please let know by what method you reached them.

Thanks.

MOD NOTE : Quoted post trimmed and composed individual sentences into paragraphs. Support Team would request you to please go through Posting Etiquettes.
Thank You.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th April 2022 at 10:08. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 28th April 2022, 14:00   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN_Liv2D View Post
Note: from this specific dealer, after showing the Treel sensors, i came to know that the JK tyre sensors which dealers suggested is not the Treel sensors, but the direct JK tyre sensor coming with tyres for lower cost. And they are not available in set, only in single separate pieces. And the warranty is not ensured by them. Dont know if this is common with all dealers. Please ensure to check on the warranty and sensor type with local dealers before proceeding with them.
Are you sure about the difference? If it is, then the dealer I asked apparently had no clue about treel. He did mention that only one type of sensors are available from JK Tyre. So I assumed it to be Treel since I didn't know JK Tyre has 2 TPMS Models available. But IIRC, he did mention the price for 4 first then after I enquired about stipney he told me the individual price for 1 sensor. So they do come in individual pieces rather than a set.

So for JK Tyre Sensors too, the warranty is for 5 years and do they work with the same app? Any idea?
Old 28th April 2022, 22:09   #225

Quote:
Are you sure about the difference? If it is, then the dealer I asked apparently had no clue about treel. He did mention that only one type of sensors are available from JK Tyre. So I assumed it to be Treel since I didn't know JK Tyre has 2 TPMS Models available. But IIRC, he did mention the price for 4 first then after I enquired about stipney he told me the individual price for 1 sensor. So they do come in individual pieces rather than a set.

So for JK Tyre Sensors too, the warranty is for 5 years and do they work with the same app? Any idea?
Oh ok.

Currently based on the comment from the shop owner (where i installed), who is actually using the JK tyre default sensor in his car itself, his feedback was not good. As the sensor mapping is not proper. The alerts are not proper. Also he told that he can only give sensors, warranty and all not covered.

But another shop (Chennai Outer, far) while I enquired, they told 1+ years warranty only. (Dont know if it is Treel or basic JK tyre sensor).

Also i assume it is same app as there is no other app from JK tyre in playstore. Can check with him again and confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks