Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2022, 10:57   #226
ais
BHPian

Re: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS

I installed Sensairy yesterday. Its dead accurate- checked it with my Motocop digital pressure guage which in turn is totally accurate.SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20220512202133_sensairy.jpg
ais is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 10:49   #227
BHPian

I got Sensairy installed when changing tyres on my 2019 Isuzu MU-X. On a recent road-trip, I hit a culvert on a highway at high-speed and Sensairy app immediately went off showing 10 PSI drop on one of the wheels. Stopped the car and checked the tyre, and obviously the valve cap was missing (flew off) due to the impact. 10 PSI difference was not perceivable to naked eye but Michelin gauge confirmed the loss. The sensors are very accurate in readings and match with multiple other devices. I have stopped visiting air-wala every week or so, and only visit when sensors show a drop. Overall feel that this is worth the investment.

Last edited by Comrade : 10th June 2022 at 10:51.
Comrade is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 16:10   #228
BHPian

I installed sensairy on my car a few days back. So for they seem to be doing fine.

Pressure readings seem to be close to the one actually filled, but the temperature seems to be off.

When this screenshot was taken ambient temperature was around 33 deg, whereas the sensors are showing around 38 degrees. Need to observe more.
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20220713153732_sensairy.jpg  

Last edited by ajayc123 : 13th July 2022 at 16:20.
Old 13th July 2022, 16:52   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post

When this screenshot was taken ambient temperature was around 33 deg, whereas the sensors are showing around 38 degrees. Need to observe more.
The tyres get hot when running. If you saw this reading after running a few kms, this is perfectly normal.
My Tpms shows the normal ambient temperature when not run for a few hours and as I drive the temperature increases.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:09   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
The tyres get hot when running. If you saw this reading after running a few kms, this is perfectly normal.
My Tpms shows the normal ambient temperature when not run for a few hours and as I drive the temperature increases.
Actually it's been parked for almost 18 hours now, I am not very sure, but I am reminded of the school time physics concept about heat absorption by a black body, that may raise its temperature higher than the ambient temperature.
Old 13th July 2022, 17:25   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Actually it's been parked for almost 18 hours now, I am not very sure, but I am reminded of the school time physics concept about heat absorption by a black body, that may raise its temperature higher than the ambient temperature.
That is true. In fact I have seen that if the car is parked with the sunlight on one side of the car, the tyres on that side show a few degrees higher. So, 33 degrees, heating up the road, and hence the tyres - I would still have thought it may go to 35/36. Anyway, do let us know what you see in the evening or night...
Old 14th July 2022, 09:43   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
That is true. In fact I have seen that if the car is parked with the sunlight on one side of the car, the tyres on that side show a few degrees higher. So, 33 degrees, heating up the road, and hence the tyres - I would still have thought it may go to 35/36. Anyway, do let us know what you see in the evening or night...
In the morning the temperatures are pretty close to the ambient temperature of 31 degrees.
Attached Thumbnails
SensAiry : An app-based TPMS-screenshot_20220714093959_sensairy.jpg  

ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 11:04   #233
BHPian

Guys need quick suggestion for TPMS fitting center near Yelahanka Bangalore. I checked with outlets of SLNP Pitstop but they don't do it. Any suggestions nearby please?
Old 23rd July 2022, 15:16   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Guys need quick suggestion for TPMS fitting center near Yelahanka Bangalore. I checked with outlets of SLNP Pitstop but they don't do it. Any suggestions nearby please?
Don't look for anybody special, any good tyre shop near you can do it. Many new cars have TPMS as OE so almost all have knowledge of how to handle the install.
Old 23rd July 2022, 15:54   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the regular tyre shop and just got them to do it under my supervision. Just ensure that you have paired your devices to the app before you go to the shop.

They just need to remove the old valve, install the new valve in the kit, screw up the sensor to the back of the valve. And get the tyres balanced.

I had called up Ajay from Sensairy to get some
clarifications related to installation. He is the one man helpdesk and can be contacted on his mobile.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 23rd July 2022 at 15:58.
Old 24th July 2022, 01:16   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoholic View Post
Don't look for anybody special, any good tyre shop near you can do it. Many new cars have TPMS as OE so almost all have knowledge of how to handle the install.
Not really. As I mentioned already one dealer chain flatly refused since they don't have skilled man for the job. They had a fairly large tyre showroom but they won't do TPMS. There could be another reason for this as discussed in below reply.

Quote:
I went to the regular tyre shop and just got them to do it under my supervision. Just ensure that you have paired your devices to the app before you go to the shop.

They just need to remove the old valve, install the new valve in the kit, screw up the sensor to the back of the valve. And get the tyres balanced.
Firstly, I forgot to mention that the sensors in our case were not from SensAiry but some other brand from a Amazon seller. Since I could not find any dedicated thread for TPMS, I just posted the query here.

Secondly, the option you mentioned would work out if both these conditions are met:
1. You know the installation procedure before hand so that you can guide any technician to do the job. In our case we didn't have time to go through the manual (although the process was simple enough), so we wanted someone with knowledge of internal TPMS installation. All brands and their installations are almost similar baring the pairing/setup method but it's important to get it done properly else there's chance of damage to sensor if handled incorrectly.
2. The tyre dealer should agree to get it installed for you. Few of the shops who do the installation were not keen to do TPMS on a busy day since it takes up a lot of their time and the overall margin is low compared to tyre sales or other tyre services according to them. Two shops we visited asked us to come back at non-peak hours or weekdays to get the installation done.

Anyway, we had to install the sensors on two cars (XUV300 and Tiago) so we ended up driving to a known local tyre dealer on Whitefield-Hoskote road (30kms away) who agreed to do it for us since they were not loaded. And it worked out a lot cheaper too since he charged around half of what other dealers were quoting just for the installation. With balancing and alignment the total was less than 1500 per car. So for those around Bangalore East, the dealer was "Sri Mukambika Enterprises" near Biriyani Zone, Kadugodi. And the sensors were from Skyshop Amazon Seller. The sensors got auto-paired (probably the seller pre-configured it before shipping) and the installation went smooth, it took about 1 hour for each car.

Last edited by Funny : 24th July 2022 at 01:25.
Old 24th July 2022, 05:50   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. As I mentioned already one dealer chain flatly refused since they don't have skilled man for the job. They had a fairly large tyre showroom but they won't do TPMS. There could be another reason for this as discussed in below reply.
Wow, great that the job is done. Just curious, what brand were they? In Delhi, I had gone to the local tyre dealer, I got it slightly cheaper at 400/- for installation on 5 tyres, and 50/- per tyre for balancing + about 200 for weights. I have spoken to the Sensaity contact and was informed that alignment is not needed.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th July 2022 at 11:34. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion and proofread before posting.
Old 24th July 2022, 13:00   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, great that the job is done. Just curious, what brand were they? In Delhi, I had gone to the local tyre dealer, I got it slightly cheaper at 400/- for installation on 5 tyres, and 50/- per tyre for balancing + about 200 for weights. I have spoken to the Sensaity contact and was informed that alignment is not needed.
One of the dealer who refused were SNLP Pitstop. They had a fairly large outlet but they don't do TPMS. 400 for 5 tyres is incredibly cheap since in BLR it ranges between 150-300 per tyre.
Yes alignment is not needed after TPMS installation but one of the car was due for alignment so it was done together.
Old 24th July 2022, 13:07   #239
BHPian

Quote:
One of the dealer who refused were SNLP Pitstop. They had a fairly large outlet but they don't do TPMS. 400 for 5 tyres is incredibly cheap since in BLR it ranges between 150-300 per tyre.
Yes alignment is not needed after TPMS installation but one of the car was due for alignment so it was done together.
Sorry for the confusion, my question was what brand of TPMS did you install ?
Old 24th July 2022, 13:15   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have spoken to the Sensaity contact and was informed that alignment is not needed.
Quote:
Wheel balancing is a must after internal TPMS installation, be it of any company. Alignment may or may not be done post it but better to get it done after getting balancing of all wheels.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks