Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 18:51   #436
BHPian

Re: Amaron batteries

HI All,

I am planning for a battery upgrade to Amaron Pro. I have a few questions, appreciate solutions from the fellow Bhpians.

I run a two amp powerful audio setup in my car and two sets of Projector Headlamps sets HL and FL. Am planning to build my audio further in the days to come. My current battery is EXIDE and still good to go but sometimes I have my started dying to start for couple of seconds and post that on subsequent try it starts immediately without any issues. My battery health check indicated its at 5/10 now.

Questions:

1. is 35 AH AMARON Pro suggested on websites batterywale etc., the right one or do I go for a higher rating Battery considering my audio setup?

2. If so, which one, any specific rating or power rating?

Any or all advise is much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 20:21   #437
Senior - BHPian

You can upgrade to any rating that you want provided your car's alternator is capable of charging a battery of that rating. If not you will be in a different soup altogether.

Refer to your vehicle's user manual, alternator ratings will be listed therein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
HI All,

I am planning for a battery upgrade to Amaron Pro. I have a few questions, appreciate solutions from the fellow Bhpians.

I run a two amp powerful audio setup in my car and two sets of Projector Headlamps sets HL and FL. Am planning to build my audio further in the days to come.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 16:43   #438
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded to Amaron today - picked up Amaron AAM-FL -566112060 for 5k (after exchanging my old battery) from a brick and mortar shop - better deal than what I could find online.

--Anoop
Old 21st June 2015, 06:24   #439
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

My Skoda Yeti's OEM "VARTA" Battery died last week at the ripe age of 4 years and 1 month.

(3 years and 8 months in my hands but calculated since the car was manufactured in May 2011)

I asked the Vinayak Skoda chaps for a new Varta but they said that they didn't have it in stock and offered me an Amaron instead.
They also said that the Varta comes with only a 1.5 year warranty but the Amaron comes with a 5 year warranty.

Upon confirmation they came over to my home and fitted it up, tested it and went off.

Approximately 10K give or take a bit here and there - Rs 500 credit for the old battery.
Old 26th June 2015, 12:59   #440
BHPian

Swift ZDi 2011 Model

Replaced the dying Exide Battery with Amaron AAM-FL-565106590. 65Ah. This Amaron flo with 2+2 years warranty.

Basic Price: 6113 OBRP Price: Rs. 5000/- + Rs 50/- installation. Infact getting this battery was a pain in Hyderabad as it was out of stock everywhere. Finally after waiting for 5 days got a June 2015 manufactured one.

Car start again in a single crank.
Old 1st July 2015, 10:47   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Swift ZDi 2011 Model

Replaced the dying Exide Battery with Amaron AAM-FL-565106590. 65Ah. This Amaron flo with 2+2 years warranty.

Basic Price: 6113 OBRP Price: Rs. 5000/- + Rs 50/- installation. Infact getting this battery was a pain in Hyderabad as it was out of stock everywhere. Finally after waiting for 5 days got a June 2015 manufactured one.

Car start again in a single crank.
Which month in 2011 did you buy your car indian21r. Mine is Dec 2011 (VDI - done 33k kms) and each day before i start the car i have a silent prayer that the battery is ok . I know the life would be different depending on a variety of factors but it's just for my peace of mind on an average life in an equivalent Swift and I can also start the search for the Amaron model that you mentioned. And lastly what's the 2+2 mean? Does it mean 4 years? Or you have to pay extra, for the extra 2 years warranty. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st July 2015, 12:43   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV
I know the life would be different depending on a variety of factors but it's just for my peace of mind on an average life in an equivalent Swift
Depends on lot of factors - brand, usage etc. In our Swift, the OEM Exide battery lasted 6 years, while I have been replacing battery on my Baleno every 3-4 years max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV
And lastly what's the 2+2 mean? Does it mean 4 years? Or you have to pay extra, for the extra 2 years warranty. Thanks in advance.
The first 2 years is replacement warranty (they will give you a replacement warranty if it goes kaput during this duration), while the next 2 years is pro-rata warranty (price of a replacement battery will be reduced pro-rata based on when during the next 2 years your battery went kaput).

My sister's Alto was not cranking and it was a clear battery issue. When asked, she said that the battery was never changed and is running the OE battery, which I found hard to believe since it is a 2003 car - I doubt batteries work for 12 years. Popped the bonnet and see a 02/09 marking on the Amaron, indicating a 2009 make. Still, 6+ years is not a bad life for a battery.
Old 1st July 2015, 13:35   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Which month in 2011 did you buy your car indian21r.

And lastly what's the 2+2 mean? Does it mean 4 years? Or you have to pay extra, for the extra 2 years warranty. Thanks in advance.
supremebaleno has answered all the queries.

Coming to my swift it is Nov 2011 manufactured car. It has run close to 53,500 km. The battery model i picked is a new one for swift. Normally there was only Amaron Go which has 18+18 months warranty. for Rs 400 more Flo has better warranty. So I opted for it.

you can check batterywale.com which is the official partner of amaron. Initially I placed order with them but since it was out of stock, i looked around local dealers.
Old 11th August 2015, 14:05   #444
BHPian

My OEM battery in my Skoda Laura TDI DSG was showing signs of giving up (extended cranks) after 42 months and 30K kms. I called up Vinayak Skoda and they recommended an Amaron DIN 74 (Pro model). They asked me to bring in the car and said it will take 3 hrs to get it changed (job card, stores, etc). Instead i called the Amaron Pit Stop in Whitefield and they replaced it within a couple of hours (the guy came over to my office). Cost INR 7500 (including 2k for battery buy back)

Last edited by tarunt : 11th August 2015 at 14:07. Reason: additional info, typo
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:27   #445
BHPian

My i10 kappa2's battery conked off and i have ordered Amaron Flo AAM-FL-0BH40B20L 35AH battery for it. Later realised OEM battery is Exide maintenance free 40AH.

Is it ok to put the amaron in it or do i cancel order / stop installation?

Thanks!
Old 23rd August 2015, 00:06   #446
Senior - BHPian

The brand/make does not matter at all, the AH rating does!

Get a 40AH battery of any make/brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
My i10 kappa2's battery conked off and i have ordered Amaron Flo AAM-FL-0BH40B20L 35AH battery for it. Later realised OEM battery is Exide maintenance free 40AH.

Is it ok to put the amaron in it or do i cancel order / stop installation?

Thanks!
Old 24th August 2015, 10:08   #447
BHPian

My Swift DDIS is showing cranking problem with the ABS lights taking time to go off. Got SVS light too and when checked for code, it said some Key Security error (immobilizer). Usually the car starts in the first short crank. Since last couple of weeks it takes a long crank and sometimes 2 cranks (particularly if car is not taken out for couple of days). I suspected battery problem and took it to MASS and they confirmed the same.

Current battery is Amaron Pro 74 AH and 53 months old which means it has another 7 months of warranty left (60 months Pro-rata).

The questions are:
1. Does the life of battery ends so soon (for this type of battery). First battery lasted 3 years.
2. If its going to die, which battery is recommended (the car is 7 years old with 1,30,000/- kms on ODO). I do not plan to change car in a hurry (may be after 2 years)

I need to take a decision quickly as long weekend is approaching and do not want to be stranded in the middle of the road.
Old 24th August 2015, 15:43   #448
BHPian

The OEM Exide on my Scorpio failed last week. It lasted exactly 38 months and now replaced it with an Amaron Black(65Ah) for 4400/-. The old battery was traded for 800/-.
Cud not fit a 85 Ah in the engine bay else would have opted for it.

New batteries are always a joy. Vehicle starts in half a crank now.

Rgds,
Old 24th August 2015, 15:46   #449
BHPian

Just returned from the local Amaron Shop. They also confirmed that the battery is going to die (under 10v when cranking). When enquired about the warranty (pro-rata), the discount amount comes to about 13% of MRP (pro-rata is calculated on MRP) which is way less than what is given for new battery on exchange for the old one. I was thinking of going back to 65AH battery as that costs Rs. 5,000/- with 36 months warranty or Rs. 5,200/- for 48 months warranty. DIN74 costs Rs.7,900/- with 60 months warranty.
Totally confused. Any suggestions? Need to take a decision before hitting the road on Wednesday.
Old 24th August 2015, 19:12   #450
BHPian

hello folks
I need to replace my Xylo E4 batteries. Touchwood, it has been running for 5 years and first time replacement would come soon. Xylo requires 65AH rating battery, which I found while searching for the right battery on online websites.

I am looking for Amaron battery and especially 5 year warranty one (60 months warranty means PRO model, I suppose). While searching on online websites, I find only black model (12 months + 12 months pro rata) and Go model (18 months + 18 months pro rata) with 65AH are recommended for Xylo E2/E4 diesel, although through different searches I found through chat with an online website representative that there is a Flo model (24 months + 24 months pro rata) available too, but no PRO model at 65 AH.

Also I have 2 amps fitted in my car and so I thought, what if I get a higher rated battery say 72AH or 74AH battery?

My questions:
1) Is there a 65AH PRO model (30 month + 30 month pro rata) from Amaron?
2) Is it okay to fit a 74AH rated battery to Xylo? Does higher rating in AH mean better tolerance for power consuming equipments OR should one strictly follow the AH rating for the car?
3) if yes to question 2) then does the higher rating by any chance provide better life of the battery with standard usage? And likewise would installing lower rating (say 50AH) battery reduce the life when requirement is higher (at 65AH)? What is the general philosophy on battery rating, kindly provide some help.

regards
Rajesh

Last edited by cs_rajesh : 24th August 2015 at 19:16. Reason: Additional Question added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks