Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 10:41   #91
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you are happy with the results, Com-paint does exactly what its meant to do, touchup .

With a slight practice, you can master & start doing it for others bhpians too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
I bought Metallic Bright Red.
There is no nonmetallic bright red seen in the site. Actually the Maruti color is nonmetallic. But it is the same.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:13   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Good to know that you are happy with the results, Com-paint does exactly what its meant to do, touchup .

With a slight practice, you can master & start doing it for others bhpians too.
You are right. Practice is very important. In my first try it was not a success. I could not get the right sparing distance and the right pressure on the spray knob. I had to remove it using the merge and try again. Second time it was ok. I am sure I can do a better job next time. I lost some paint though.
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:47   #93
BANNED

Quote:
You are right. Practice is very important. In my first try it was not a success. I could not get the right sparing distance and the right pressure on the spray knob. I had to remove it using the merge and try again. Second time it was ok. I am sure I can do a better job next time. I lost some paint though.
How did you remove it with com-merge.

I am still confused over the usage of com-merge. At one point it says, it need to be used after final coat of paint. At the same time, it can be used for removing paint also. These two usages does not sync well
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:51   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
How did you remove it with com-merge.

I am still confused over the usage of com-merge. At one point it says, it need to be used after final coat of paint. At the same time, it can be used for removing paint also. These two usages does not sync well
It depends on the quantity of com-merge you spray. Basically in both cases the merge is doing the same thing. When you spray a large quantity it helps in washing away the paint, and when we spray in small quantities it slightly dilutes the paint and merge it with the existing paint. Also to completely undo the process I think the merge need to be sprayed as soon as possible. After drying for 1-2 minutes, the com-merge will only help in merging. I am not 100% sure about this, at least this is what I experienced.

Last edited by abhilash_iv : 3rd October 2008 at 12:52.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:06   #95

Com-Paint Queries

Quote:
It depends on the quantity of com-merge you spray. Basically in both cases the merge is doing the same thing. When you spray a large quantity it helps in washing away the paint, and when we spray in small quantities it slightly dilutes the paint and merge it with the existing paint. Also to completely undo the process I think the merge need to be sprayed as soon as possible. After drying for 1-2 minutes, the com-merge will only help in merging. I am not 100% sure about this, at least this is what I experienced.

Hi Abhilash,

It is good to know that you are satisfied with the result. after doing a rubbing and polishing job after 3 days, you will get a good finish.

You are right, Com-Merge is basically a special solvent that dissolves the overspray and merges the paint with the surface. Since, it is basically a solvent, it can dissolve the whole applied paint when applied in a greater quantity. So, use it only on overspray for a good result and 2 -3 puffs should be enough, basically it depends.

Com-Paint being an Aerosol Pressurized Can, cannot be couriered through AIR. Hence the only medium we have is either by rail or by road. and hence it might take a few extra days. As soon as anybody gives the payment, it takes 24 hrs to process and after that we can capture the payment through our gateway. We try 100% to courier the Pack the same day we capture it. The status is updated after that. There is an emergency no. mentioned which you can call for status.

Top cut is really a fine product, which reduces the use of Com-Paint. you may try ir before using Com-Paint is the damage/ scratch is not too deep.

DO NOT WORRY if the can doesn't work. We make thousands of Cans per month and there might be a chance for a manufacturing defect. Write to us, we shall respond and replace. Don't forget all our products carry a 1 year replacement warranty.

Clear Lacquer will be available soon...

Thanks,

Vikram Sharma
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

Has com-paint people gone on permanent holiday?? No response to my email.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

com-paint wants me to send back the faulty can, so that they can replace it!! Yeah, right. They send me a faulty product after 10 days and they want me to wait for another 20 days (10 days to courier the faulty can and 10 days for the replacement can to arrive). Unless you are completely mad and have a lot of time to waste, I dont think any sane person would do this.

So looks like the end of the road as far as my DIY painting is concerned. Faulty product and even worse customer service.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

Forget Com-paint, isnt that the norm when you buy online, perhaps they can improve in the sense that the same courier guy picks up the faulty Can while delivering a new one. I have seen this practice with other online stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
com-paint wants me to send back the faulty can, so that they can replace it!! Yeah, right. They send me a faulty product after 10 days and they want me to wait for another 20 days (10 days to courier the faulty can and 10 days for the replacement can to arrive). Unless you are completely mad and have a lot of time to waste, I dont think any sane person would do this.

So looks like the end of the road as far as my DIY painting is concerned. Faulty product and even worse customer service.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:25   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post

The idea of giving Com-Merge was to minimise the patch formation if the customer doesn't do rubbing after 2 days. Our Clear lacquer is available seperately and if required customer can buy it.
Dear Vikram,

I could not find the clear Lacquer online can you please point out how can I buy it ?

Regards
Amit

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th October 2008 at 12:43. Reason: Quote Fixed
Old 6th October 2008, 12:27   #100
Senior - BHPian

Thats not always true dadu. Maybe my expectations are a bit high after dealing with a number of online sites.

In the rare cases where I have received faulty product of much higher value, I have got a no questions asked replacement. For example, I ordered a USB radio from DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1) and I got a faulty one. They sent a replacement without any problem or questions, that too, all the way from Hong Kong within 15 days of raising a complaint with them.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:59   #101
BHPian

Dont you have a bangalore distibutor or shop? when i click on dealer locator the page nothing happens. its not redirecting.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:08   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Forget Com-paint, isnt that the norm when you buy online, perhaps they can improve in the sense that the same courier guy picks up the faulty Can while delivering a new one. I have seen this practice with other online stores.
If this is going OT my apologies and a request that MODS delete this post.

About buying stuff online.
I purchased two toys from indiaplaza. One of the toys was delivered on time. I sent reminder emails about the other. They delivered it and also refunded the amount to my account.
Now I get back to them saying that the money has been wrongly credited. Finally end it by sending them a cheaque for the amount.

This is not the end of it. I order some stickers from them. Delayed. I send an email and the very same day its delivered. Again a day or two later another set is delivered. I email them about the mix up.
They volunteer to have a pick up sent. But the stickers have already been used. This time around I am lucky as they have provided me with their bank details. So I transfer the money to them.

Moral of the story: Send indiaplaza reminder emails. They will deliver and then either return your money or send another item.
Old 6th October 2008, 14:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I could not find the clear Lacquer online can you please point out how can I buy it ?
I brought Bosny Lacquer from Johnson hardware in Siddaiah road.
Auto Shop is Com-Paint dealer in JC road

Last edited by mohang_j : 6th October 2008 at 14:06.
Old 6th October 2008, 19:20   #104

Replacement of our product

First of all, i will be honest that we have started this online system for the first time and we are getting used to it. We are getting 100's of orders everyday and it is taking some time for us to manage all the orders.

We understand the anxiety of the customers but we are trying to imrpovise on our service.

Secondly, we are making thousands of Cans every month of more than 2500 different shades and it is almost impossible for us to check each and every single can for its performance moreover which is again dependent upon the Valves that are imported in bulk.

If there is a problem, we need to understand by seeing and testing the can at our end so that the cause can be ascertained.

There have been cases when we have replaced the Cans and later found out that the customer was not using it properly. We don't say that there cannot be a fault in our product, but we need to ascertain the genuinity of the fault.

We have absoloutely no hassels in returning anyone's money which is a mere amount, but in fact we need his satisfaction from using our product.

The delivery and replacement do take some time as i explained that our product is Aerosol Can and cannot be delivered by air.

As i read in an earlier post, the customer can visit our dealer in his area and get it replaced, we can send a confirmation email to the dealer as well as the customer.

I apologise for the delay in posting Clear Lacquer as still we are working out whether to give it in a value pack or a single can...secondly we have it available in 300gms which would be too much for a small job.

We are working on the same, but still if anyone want it in urgent, can email me at vikramsharma@com-paint.com. I'll try to arrange it.

Thanks,

Vikram Sharma
Old 7th October 2008, 16:29   #105
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion would be to offer as value pack for Metallic paints. Its a must for metallic paints for the gloss and paint matching coverup.

Clear coat can also be used to hide those superficial scratches which do not run into the paint layer, therefore more is better

Also do not forget to update the usage instructions and at what stage to use after the colour paint coat/ merge, on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
I apologise for the delay in posting Clear Lacquer as still we are working out whether to give it in a value pack or a single can...secondly we have it available in 300gms which would be too much for a small job.

We are working on the same, but still if anyone want it in urgent, can email me at vikramsharma@com-paint.com. I'll try to arrange it.

Thanks,

Vikram Sharma

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks