Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 22:06   #121
BHPian

My experience with buying com paint:
Had ordered a com-paint and top cut. The packet was delivered to my neighbors in 4 days. Came back today after a long vacation and when I opened the packet I realized that touch-up spray paint is not there. Only the solvent and the top cut tube.
Its daylight robbery . will call up someone from the company and inquire.
Beware guys.
Old 12th November 2008, 06:44   #122
Senior - BHPian

@ mentos - was the packaging intact ? our couriers are not above opening packages and losing/taking stuff.

I'm still stuck since it rained all weekend , and am having trouble finding the required grade of emery paper.

Vikram - it would be a good idea if you added some sheets of the required grade emery paper ( as a priced item) to the site. Dont think it will add to shipping, and will save people the trouble of finding them (most hardware /paint shops dont seem to stock them )
Old 13th November 2008, 10:45   #123

Back Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentos View Post
My experience with buying com paint:
Had ordered a com-paint and top cut. The packet was delivered to my neighbors in 4 days. Came back today after a long vacation and when I opened the packet I realized that touch-up spray paint is not there. Only the solvent and the top cut tube.
Its daylight robbery . will call up someone from the company and inquire.
Beware guys.
I would agree with green horn that you first check whether the packet was intact or not. Then there is a Value Pack box which has 2 cans Com-Paint and Com-merge, which are further sealed in a blister pack. Was the outer box or the blister pack open? if yes, then please ask the courier guy.

By NO CHANGE can a single can be sent out from the factory even by mistake. further, we have a godwon in delhi, from where it is repacked for courier. Still contact us to enable us resolve the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
@ mentos - was the packaging intact ? our couriers are not above opening packages and losing/taking stuff.

I'm still stuck since it rained all weekend , and am having trouble finding the required grade of emery paper.

Vikram - it would be a good idea if you added some sheets of the required grade emery paper ( as a priced item) to the site. Dont think it will add to shipping, and will save people the trouble of finding them (most hardware /paint shops dont seem to stock them )
Greenhorn, since we are into manufacturing of paints, and not making emery papers, we have to check out with our excise consultants, that if we could resale emery paper as a kit item in our value pack. Anyways, it is a good idea, but i can't say whether the consumers will pay extra for that. Let's see if we can add it as a free item in the kit!!

I would also request the administrator that if he could open a seperate link for the touchup related issues as this topic is hidden under Car modifications and accessary section, which has nothing to do with touchup and scratches. It would be easier for others to find out and join the chat.

Thanks,

Vikram Sharma
Old 13th November 2008, 11:23   #124
Senior - BHPian

finally got hold of some 1000 grade emery paper from an auto paint shop. seems only they stock these
Old 13th November 2008, 12:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
Hello Friends...

I apologise for a late post as i was busy in some other things.. And the good news is that now i am a father of a baby boy just born on 1st of Nov'08. Ya!! its my first child
Congratulations for becoming a proud father .

Anything on the clearcoat part, I am waiting just for that to place my order, along with the other items.
Old 14th November 2008, 00:37   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
I would agree with green horn that you first check whether the packet was intact or not. Then there is a Value Pack box which has 2 cans Com-Paint and Com-merge, which are further sealed in a blister pack. Was the outer box or the blister pack open? if yes, then please ask the courier guy.

By NO CHANGE can a single can be sent out from the factory even by mistake. further, we have a godwon in delhi, from where it is repacked for courier. Still contact us to enable us resolve the matter.

The Packet had been sealed by two tapes- one with "com Paint" printed and the other with "Rakesh Spices" printed. The blister pack had been opened and only one can was there. Had been busy but will definitely get in touch with you and the courier guy tomorrow.
Old 24th November 2008, 15:04   #127

Clear Lacquer Available Now

Hello All,

We have added the Clear Lacquer seperately in the Com-Paint List.

It is under the Com-Paint Motorcycle Catagory in the General Shades.

Thanks,

Vikram
Old 24th November 2008, 17:06   #128
BHPian

Quote:
We have added the Clear Lacquer seperately in the Com-Paint List.
Ordered two packs now and waiting for delivery.
Old 24th November 2008, 17:13   #129
Team-BHP Support

I see no pearl white in the list, is it available from com-paint?
Old 24th November 2008, 17:54   #130
BHPian

Com paint have no shades suitable for fiat cars
Old 27th November 2008, 02:52   #131
BHPian

Quote:
We have added the Clear Lacquer seperately in the Com-Paint List. Ordered two packs now and waiting for delivery.
I wonder why Com-paint cancel my order???

Quote:
Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that the merchant has initiated the cancellation process for order number 1036 for your transaction on Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf. This cancellation request has been forwarded to the concerned bank and we await their reply.Rest assured amount would reflect in your account as per the bank's procedure.

Until then we request for your cooperation.
Old 28th November 2008, 13:04   #132

i checked out the website for Com Paint, its something i want to try out in my car. have loads of scratches and foul writings on it too.(i wonder why) lol
anyways, i own a Ford Ikon 2002 Sept. the Color is called "Mika Stone" on paper(Its a metallic color paint with two shades ). Is it available in com paint?? I couldn't find that on the website! or maybe its under a different name??
Help needed here...
Thanks in advance guys!
Old 13th December 2008, 15:56   #133
Senior - BHPian

lazy saturday afternoon and nothing to do. why not try a stab at this?
Touch up paint tubes-img_2687.jpg
what it looked like before - Would you believe I reversed onto a concrete pillar
Touch up paint tubes-img_2688.jpg
after using com merge. Is this thing a rubbing compound ? took out most of the smaller scratches elsewhere too
Touch up paint tubes-img_2689.jpg
painting halfway done
Touch up paint tubes-img_2690.jpg

how does it look from behind ? not very noticeable eh ?
Touch up paint tubes-img_2691.jpg
then noticed that in one of the areas, the tape I'd used to stick the newspaper had left a very obvious patch. tried rubbing compound and the com merge - disaster struck ! apparently, com merge dissolves the damn paint, and you're not supposed to use it after com paint has been used ( unless you want to wipe the whole thing away) , not even a small part. so painted another few coats over it
Touch up paint tubes-img_2692.jpg
now it looks like this. I'm not sure if this is as good as it gets , or I need to improve.
Note that the spray paint looks very coarse ( seen in the close up). even after applying the solvent com merge.

works fabulously on smaller scratches though ( forgot to take pics of those )

Last edited by greenhorn : 13th December 2008 at 15:57.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2008, 16:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

That's excellent Greehorn.

After seeing your pics, I am am dying to it on my Civic (Taffeta White) which has a few scratched like that. Great. BTW, which white is yours? Is it Taffeta? and how much uou paid for the tube ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th December 2008 at 17:33. Reason: Please avoid SMS language on Team-BHP. "urs" = "yours" and "u" = "you".
Old 13th December 2008, 16:17   #135
Senior - BHPian

one doubt. What should i do next
the instructions say let it dry for 72 hours and then polish. I cant let it stay in the garage for three days!

Last edited by greenhorn : 13th December 2008 at 16:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks