Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 13:16   #1
Team-BHP Support

Touch up paint tubes

I am searching for a touch up paint tube like this
Amazon.com: OEM Chrysler/Dodge Brilliant Black Crystal Touch-Up Paint ½ oz Tube: Automotive
Lots of products are available for various colors in the USA.
Is it possible to get such a product for metallic black(Indica) in Delhi?
Old 27th November 2006, 15:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

even i am looking for a touch up product like this. i have two black cars (nhc and xing) ,scratches are almost a daily routine.! so if anyone has any information regarding such products it will be very helpfull.!
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2006, 15:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

These products are available in some accessory shops but they are not worth it. The colour never matches and whatever you try you dont get the gloss that you get with any decent paint job. And after the a few days the patch that has been touched up stands out like crazy.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:41   #4
BHPian

I agree....

I'd have to agree with Vikram here....ANY touch-up paint (tubed or spray) will stand out unevenly on a car, and it's hard to get shades to match.

Nonetheless, if y'all want, there IS a company in India that makes touch-up spraypaints of different shades for Indian-market cars. The company is called Aeroaids Corp., and their product is called Com-Paint: Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint Manufacturers, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers in India, Touchup Paints, India

Yes, I know that uneven paint looks a helluva lot better than deep scratches (and trust me, I've toyed with the idea for my car too, after she faced some keyings ). However, the best idea would be to spray-paint the entire affected panel, rather than just the scratched area. This would at least detract from a patchy end-appearance.

If your scratches aren't that deep, you can also go in for press touch-ups at any garage, followed by a deep-wax polish.

Take care, guys, I feel ur pain. Let me know if u find a better alternative(s) to the ones I've mentioned!
Old 27th November 2006, 17:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well said Vikram_D, if you remember when we met last I happened to show you one of the spray cans that I purchased ? They do a lousie job. Infact the color matches and I tried spraying on the bumper, but then the finish was sad. Please dont even try such a product , coz it aint worth.

Cheers
Old 27th November 2006, 20:19   #6
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Even I have countless scratches on my black Ikon...
It looks preety bad..But I dont want to go for touchup right now..Because after you spend time and money..new scratches are made...

I may get it done during my vacations as during that time the car wont be running much so I can be satisfied with a scratchless car for atleast 10 days...
Old 27th November 2006, 23:57   #7
Team-BHP Support

Some jerk has inscribed abuses on the car bonnet. I want to get rid of those. The entire bonnet painting will cost close to 2K
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2006, 00:39   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian

tanveer yaar how bout just putting black Vinyl on it ?
Old 28th November 2006, 07:14   #9
BHPian

I too have scratches on my Red SWIFT and would like to try if there be any best brand of touch up paints.

But with all said and done, it won't come close to the paint job done by a professional painter. Touch up paints may come handy to treat vey minor scratches, and for big ones better to go for a professional painter.
Old 28th November 2006, 08:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well said Vikram_D, if you remember when we met last I happened to show you one of the spray cans that I purchased ? They do a lousie job. Infact the color matches and I tried spraying on the bumper, but then the finish was sad. Please dont even try such a product , coz it aint worth.

Cheers
I hate to say it but i told you so. Well good now that you have have your own experience. Nobody ever learns from other peoples experience anyways....
Old 4th December 2007, 19:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post

Nonetheless, if y'all want, there IS a company in India that makes touch-up spraypaints of different shades for Indian-market cars. The company is called Aeroaids Corp., and their product is called Com-Paint: Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint Manufacturers, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers in India, Touchup Paints, India

Who are the dealers of this paint or any touch up paint in Bangalore. Now a days traffic is so much in bangalore that someone or the other scratches my car once a month. Not deep scratches but enough to make them appear bad.
Old 4th December 2007, 19:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have used spray can to get a DIY blacked out mesh grille. The result is fairly satisfactory. So while you can use it for such DIY painting, I dont think you can really use it to touch up scratches etc.

The paint spray can is called Bosny.. (Spray, Paint, Aerosol, Spray, Paint, Acrylic, Spray, Paint) . You will get it at most hardware shops.

Last edited by spadival : 4th December 2007 at 20:02.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

The trouble is when you try to match the finish. This Com Paint products seem satisfactory in theory, but it's been one month and the contact shop here hasn't been able to source it yet.
Old 5th December 2007, 07:32   #14
BHPian

Com-Paint Bangalore dealer:
AUTO WORLD
12 , J.C.Road ,
BANGALORE-560002.
Karnataka.
Tel : 080-26707721
contact Person: Mr.Imran
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:02   #15
BHPian

Car Spray Can

hello guys,

I have just come across a company "Aeroaids Corporation" making spray paints for cars/bikes.

Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aeroaids Corporation, Aerosol Spray Paint India, Touch up Spray Paint

Has anyone heard about them? How effective these could be?

Anyone, please advive.

Mod's Note: Please use the excellent Search feature that has been provided in the toolbar of this site. There is no point in opening new threads for the same topics again and again.

Threads merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd January 2008 at 10:58.

Most Viewed