Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 12:56   #151
Senior - BHPian

Dear Vikram,

I need quartz black of Tata Safari it is not available on Com-paint ( Only carbon black is available) can you provide this feedback to the company to make this new shade available.
Black is the highest selling color in Safari and a magnet for scratches so it should make good business sense as well.

Regards
Amit
Old 16th December 2008, 17:55   #152
Senior - BHPian

Dear Vikram,

I have already ordered for the products including clear laquer for my T.White Civic. By the way, is there any place where I can get it done instead of doing it myself. I am in Rohini and Com-paint head is not far from my place.

Thanks.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:20   #153
Senior - BHPian

vikram, might I suggest another product ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...blackened.html

the advice given there was that a 5:1 mix of clear coat and black paint can be used to blacken tail lamps as shown in the thread. I dont think there is any stuff available locally for that ( available internationally though ) .

If there is enough demand from the people here , you might want to think of making some of that too
Old 27th December 2008, 16:56   #154
Senior - BHPian

tried the finishing touch on the patched area. used 3M finesse it instead of top cut. lost a little bit of paint in some areas, but after polishing and waxing, the gloss is acceptable, except in some areas where i screwed up myself
Old 21st January 2009, 14:03   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
1. Since the scratches are still visible, you could have used a coarser emery paper of 400 no. which would have further smoothened the deep scratches.

Or, should have applied NC putty to fill the deep ones.
Or use regular M-Seal (its an epoxy putty), use it for scratches and not on flat surfaces, as it will peel off from flats with time. Mould to shape with water and hand just like your mud clay. let it dry for an hour. Use 400-600 sandpaper and then finer ones 1500-2000 before paintjob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Dear Vikram,

I need quartz black of Tata Safari it is not available on Com-paint ( Only carbon black is available) can you provide this feedback to the company to make this new shade available.
Black is the highest selling color in Safari and a magnet for scratches so it should make good business sense as well.

Regards
Amit
He needs a colour sample size of your tow-hook bumper cover to develop the shade, you can send it to him (on returnable basis, i guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Dear Vikram,

I have already ordered for the products including clear laquer for my T.White Civic. By the way, is there any place where I can get it done instead of doing it myself. I am in Rohini and Com-paint head is not far from my place.

Thanks.
Good sample video and example if someone at com-paint can do it.
Old 21st January 2009, 20:57   #156
BANNED

Was looking for one of these touchup sprays for long time now.. have ordered for my white swift along with a black paint can and clear laquer.. will try the black paint for "SMOKING" my tail lamp..lets see..
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:01   #157
BANNED

Hey guys.. was thinking of painting my side handles and Side rear view mirrors with this com paint.. what say? any suggestions?
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:17   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Was looking for one of these touchup sprays for long time now.. have ordered for my white swift along with a black paint can and clear laquer.. will try the black paint for "SMOKING" my tail lamp..lets see..
Smoking of tail lamps is an irreversible process right ? And is it completely DIY ?
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:24   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Smoking of tail lamps is an irreversible process right ? And is it completely DIY ?
Yes it is irreversible.. will have to buy a new pair of tail lamps if it goes wrong. Other team BHPians have tried it and looks like its a DIY job.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:25   #160
BANNED

But they have tried it with a ratio of 1:5 paint:thinner. Dont know how this thing will look.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:27   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But they have tried it with a ratio of 1:5 paint:thinner. Dont know how this thing will look.
Guess you can get it painted matte black. On a white Swift, it'd look KILLER!
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:29   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys.. was thinking of painting my side handles and Side rear view mirrors with this com paint.. what say? any suggestions?
I think it is possible but make sure you keep the already painted surfaced masked otherwise your existing paint will go bad. First try on mirrors and see the effect and your skill level then try on handles as i am not sure if paint remain there after you use them. I think you need to rub them with 1500 sand paper so that paint remain there.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:26   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I think it is possible but make sure you keep the already painted surfaced masked otherwise your existing paint will go bad. First try on mirrors and see the effect and your skill level then try on handles as i am not sure if paint remain there after you use them. I think you need to rub them with 1500 sand paper so that paint remain there.
surely will try as soon i get the order. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:32   #164
Senior - BHPian

zerocritical, i think you need to mix the clearcoat and paint BEFORE application.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:54   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Follow these instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
zerocritical, i think you need to mix the clearcoat and paint BEFORE application.
Clearcoat in not thinner, although it might lighten the paint colour. Buy thinner from a Auto repair shop.

Another example of touchup job with red swift

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks