Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 19:48   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
yup! thats the one!

go through the entire thread - i am sure that will be helpful

also check out this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi..._must-see.html

Must see this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/512882-post23.html
Thanks Rocker. I absolutely liked the Modded Padmini's. Now I am in the processes of finalising the mods that would go in my padmini and then would start searching for an able mechanic in Hyderabad to do the job. Will keep the team posted
Old 20th August 2007, 11:27   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Check this out!
Premier Padmini with a massive 1.8 Isuzu turbocharged engine.
Does anyone know the owner of this car?

If yes, it would be highly appreciated if someone could PM me his contact details...

Cheers
Old 20th August 2007, 11:37   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Does anyone know the owner of this car?

If yes, it would be highly appreciated if someone could PM me his contact details...

Cheers
The car was last seen at a garage near Naaz Cinema at Lamington Road. A few other classics there too. Definitely worth a visit.

Last edited by ported_head : 20th August 2007 at 11:39.
Old 20th August 2007, 23:45   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Check this out!
Premier Padmini with a massive 1.8 Isuzu turbocharged engine.

That bump in the hood is made to accomodate the turbo.
Custom interiors

Turbo

Another pic of the turbo

This baby clocked somewhere in the mid 15 secs in this year's speedrun.
The Firewals been cut to house the longer engine, but where is the steering gear? Which car's steering system is this using?
Old 21st August 2007, 11:28   #215
Senior - BHPian

@ 1100D - this car has the body of the fiat (to some extent) - but the soul, heart, etc of a fiat are missing. this is just my POV. Period.
Old 22nd August 2007, 00:06   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ 1100D - this car has the body of the fiat (to some extent) - but the soul, heart, etc of a fiat are missing. this is just my POV. Period.
Ha Ha Ha!!! Planet knows why I am laughing!
Old 22nd August 2007, 02:51   #217
BHPian

my fiat overheating

Hi Guys,

some 3 months back my fiat overheated and this resulted in the head gasket failing and water seeped into engine - I took her to my mechanic, he replaced the gasket and oil saying that the head was too much damaged and can do without a resurfacing - but to my disappointment just two drives later(hardly had I done some 50kms) but mind U into was in mizi city traffic and the problem happened again - this time the mechanic said we shud have had it resurfaced.

so this time I got it resurfaced and even got a new grill of the radiator, new plugs and points to make sure these weren't causing it to heat up. I however saw a very tiny crack in the resurface and the mechanic said yes it cud result in a leakage looks like it did. Cause there is water in the engine again now.

Somebody offered me Rs 15,000/- for my fiat but I dont feel like driving any other car. my mechanic is trying to sell me a old maruti. so here are the options I have - get it fixed with another mechanic OR Do It Youself . I think I have the tools and have seen it done twice. I know opening wouldnt be much of a problem but putting it all back wud definetly be. I am ready for it.

However, what concerns me is - cud there be some other problem due to which it might be over heating? Also, shall I get the head resurfaced again? or get a new one?

Anyone who has idea on this, pls let me know. Shall I go ahead n try it myself and then later get it tuned by some expert?

Yaser
Old 24th August 2007, 23:34   #218
Senior - BHPian

hi

hi iv been a silent observer of this forum since quite some time now
it feels nice to see so many PP lovers here
iv got one too i mean my dads its a 1983 PP deluxe with floor shift ,with modded interiors( done up by pandit&co new delhi way back in 80's)
will post its pics tommrow morning
Old 25th August 2007, 00:36   #219

hey dude . there are a number of reasons ur car could be over heating. first the most simple reason is there any water in ur radiator and is it leaking.
second do u use the clutch depressed in traffic alor. worn out plates could be another reason.
third check the carb setting . if its too rich , ur car will heat up.
forth check if your cars water pump is working .

as for the head resurface costing 15000. i guess some one took u for a ride cause last i rememeber it costs about 2 grand including new valves form the most expensive guy in town.

What i suggest is you have your car checked by some one really good who is known to work with such cars. it shouldnt cost you that much unless you do a full engine over haul.

any ways , best of luck.
Old 25th August 2007, 00:54   #220
BHPian

hi there

Hi Maneet,

TY for the suggestions, btw bro, I meant those guys offered me 15K for the entire car, they were interested in purchasing it.

as for the resurfacing, last time I got it done, the resurfacing costed about 800 bucks n then there was the oil, packings etc and of course the labour.

The radiator is good and no leaks as such. How to confirm that the water pump is working? with water in the radiator, when the accelerator is pressed, U see the water gushing inside - so that means the pump is working fine - rite?

about the clutch plates, havent replaced it since I got it about 2yrs back so yes ther cud b some problem there too and there hasn't been any chance in my driving style off late so that is ruled out. cud be the carb settings and the clutch plates.

lets see... I plan to get it fixed after 1st will update once done

Yaser
Old 25th August 2007, 01:26   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
iv got one too i mean my dads its a 1983 PP deluxe with floor shift ,with modded interiors (Done up by pandit & co new delhi way back in 80's)
will post its pics tommrow morning
Really, WOW! They were the best in those days (even today actually!) if you wanted any customization done to your Paddu/Amby/Conti! Have seen some of their nice work since they are friends now & take care of my current cars!

Will be waiting for the pics!
Old 25th August 2007, 11:01   #222
Senior - BHPian

@ maneet - are you Maneet Singh who owns this car?

if yes - welcome to team BHP. also i asked you a long time back (@ orkut) to post a pic of your engine bay and also a video clip of the exhaust note.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 25th August 2007 at 11:11.
Old 25th August 2007, 11:23   #223
Senior - BHPian

pics

here she is 1983 model PP deluxe with 1.5 lakh kms on clock
interiors done up by Pandit&Co delhi as mentioned earlier

Deluxe badge gave way to classic

interiors and this is no fake wood trim

Old 25th August 2007, 11:47   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
interiors and this is no fake wood trim
Oh Lord no! He does some great work with these cars & he even has a full wood dash for the Paddu/Conty/Amby!! Full real wood, no fake stuff! Will try & get some pictures sometime!!
Old 25th August 2007, 12:08   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Oh Lord no! He does some great work with these cars & he even has a full wood dash for the Paddu/Conty/Amby!! Full real wood, no fake stuff! Will try & get some pictures sometime!!
i think u got it wrong or may be i typed it in incorrect format
"its real wood"
wat i wanted to say

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks