Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 09:34   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Thanks a lot. My friend has a art leather seat in his city new type and it costed his 4500. This doesn't sweat at all , only thing is its above my budget of 3500.
Art leather for 4500??? Are you sure? If yes, pls get the details immediately; Mission_Safari & mustang312 are you reading this? Looks like a good deal here.

Quote:
Can you please tell me where carnation is ? and the number if possible ?
Just Google for Carnation & you can find - Carnation

And if you browse Carnation website you can find the contact

Ambattur, Chennai
B 20, 1st Main Cross Road, Ambattur Industrial Estate, Ambattur, Chennai
Phone : 044-42968300/30
Email : chennai.ambattur@carnation.in

Guindy, Chennai
A - 15-16, Thiru Vi Ka Industrial Estate, Guindy, Chennai - 600032
Phone : 044-42938500/530
Email : chennai.guindy@carnation.in

Last edited by aargee : 17th March 2010 at 09:36.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:47   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Art leather for 4500??? Are you sure? If yes, pls get the details immediately; Mission_Safari & mustang312 are you reading this? Looks like a good deal here.
@Arjun - Were they slip on types?

@Ganesh - I think slip on types are available in that range but not sure about the stitched ones.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:52   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
@Arjun - Were they slip on types?

@Ganesh - I think slip on types are available in that range but not sure about the stitched ones.
Yes they were the slip on types.

And what do you suggest for my swift ?
Will I be able to get something for 3.5k , which does not sweat and looks a bit nice too.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:53   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be; but I stronly prefer ripping off the fabric & stitching with the ART ones with no short cuts; clean job & good finish.

Last edited by aargee : 17th March 2010 at 09:54.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:57   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they were the slip on types.

And what do you suggest for my swift ?
Will I be able to get something for 3.5k , which does not sweat and looks a bit nice too.
For 3.5K you can only get art leather of slip on types i guess. It does look nice when the fitting is done proper. Check out the samples at Jeewajee and also Genuine car accessories (habibullah road).
Old 17th March 2010, 10:11   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For 3.5K you can only get art leather of slip on types i guess. It does look nice when the fitting is done proper. Check out the samples at Jeewajee and also Genuine car accessories (habibullah road).
Would it be cheaper in GP road and how about car nation ?
And yes i do want slip on types . I would like it IF there is a splash of white on the black seat covers then it would look nice.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:22   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would it be cheaper in GP road and how about car nation ?
And yes i do want slip on types . I would like it IF there is a splash of white on the black seat covers then it would look nice.
The only problem I find with GP road is reliability; they know every bit on things & know very well how to take a ride right in front of us, so I'm bit skeptical going over there without a reference.

Carnation I doubt, but worth checking with them to find out; Actually Carnation outsource this work to their contacts & they get it done for you. Let me know if you want me to find out & I can find out with them this weekend.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:36   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only problem I find with GP road is reliability; they know every bit on things & know very well how to take a ride right in front of us, so I'm bit skeptical going over there without a reference.

Carnation I doubt, but worth checking with them to find out; Actually Carnation outsource this work to their contacts & they get it done for you. Let me know if you want me to find out & I can find out with them this weekend.
Thanks a lot aargee . It would be of great help if you could check with them if they have something for 3.5k .
My requirements are they should sweat and I would prefer them in black with white splashes.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:19   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot aargee . It would be of great help if you could check with them if they have something for 3.5k .
My requirements are they should sweat and I would prefer them in black with white splashes.
Actually meant not sweat. Forgot the not there. I'm sure you would have understood. Just doing my part.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:42   #160
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I got it Arjun, but IMO, wait for the best (that's what I'm doing); get the job done neat by ripping off the fabric; regarding the sweat part, I'm not sure if the fabric is wrapped with ART leather it doesn't sweat & if the fabric is ripped off it does sweat. Are you sure on this point?

Also, what're the B&W splashes? You mean something like the one attached? Pls clarify.
Attached Thumbnails
Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-a1.jpg  

Old 17th March 2010, 11:46   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I got it Arjun, but IMO, wait for the best (that's what I'm doing); get the job done neat by ripping off the fabric; regarding the sweat part, I'm not sure if the fabric is wrapped with ART leather it doesn't sweat & if the fabric is ripped off it does sweat. Are you sure on this point?

Also, what're the B&W splashes? You mean something like the one attached? Pls clarify.
Yes something like that would be perfect but with the white instead of the red.

Then would prefer it to be wrapped .
Old 17th March 2010, 12:30   #162
Senior - BHPian

Got you; I've been told that these patterns depends upon how the foam is being designed; for example in this pic, you can see how the foam has a pattern & the covering will also follow the same pattern. Hope you got this.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:12   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang312 View Post
Well, took the plunge and spoke to Mr. Mohammad at Jeewaajee - Annanagar. Mentioning my reference point to team-bhp changed his tone of voice.

On sat - picked up the autoform seat covers for the bolero . These are not the skin fit ones, but the slip on types. Worked out to 5.5 k including all the labour ( not much involved) . Looks pretty decent, feels alright - overall, pretty satisfied.

Again, thanks to all for pointing in the right direction.

Cheers all
D
Changed his tone of voice? What has his voice got to do with the transaction?
Old 31st March 2010, 13:17   #164
BANNED

Quote:
What is this autoform material? Is this different from regular seat covers? Does this give a ART leather finish? Yes, pls post some pics, it will help. Thanks.

@Mission - Looks like Jeewajee has a shop setup in GP road too; I got one of their manager's reference & got to speak over the phone; I was supposed to visit them last weekend, which I promptly couldn't ; I'll talk to them in the forth coming days, get to know about the material quality, factory & provide you more updates.
Autoform is just PVC or PU material nothing different except maybe a cheaper quality material and they make these covers in the north east. In my opinion their stitching and finish is poor.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:19   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
How's the perforated leather in our conditions, guys?
It should have a better feel than synthetic material like PVC and PU in hot and humid chennai
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks