Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:12   #76
BHPian

Got the seats done yesterday

Got my Verna interiors done yesterday. Well it was raining the whole day so he only managed to get the seats done. Flooring + steering next saturday.
Done on Peters road. Choice Seat Zone, (formerly gaylook I think) as suggested by one of the members in this thread. Can someone please check out the snaps in my thread in the initial ownership reviews and tell me if the work hes done is good. I'm not able to upload the snaps into this post. Dunno why . Think I don't have privileges for this post?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...di-sx-abs.html
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:08   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Can someone please check out the snaps in my thread in the initial ownership reviews and tell me if the work hes done is good.
Looks really neat to me. Was it 4600 inclusive of everything?

Any reason why you didn't opt for a beige steering wheel cover?
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:16   #78
BHPian

bottle- i got my car[baleno] done from stanley[full,genuine leather]for 14k,so i think 12k for pu is too high.
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Looks really neat to me. Was it 4600 inclusive of everything?

Any reason why you didn't opt for a beige steering wheel cover?
Like I mentioned in my thread, 4.6k was only for the seats and yes I do think hes done a really nice job. It was constantly raining, so he said he will do the flooring and the steering next saturday morning. Im opting for 2/3rd the dark beige, and bottom 1/3rd of the steering wheel the light beige colour.
Flooring comes to 1600 and the cost of the steering wheel varies between the materials and if its mono or dual tone colouring. My final price quote was probably around 400 bucks or so more then what he originally quoted, but he guaranteed that his work will be excellent, and the seat covers have lived up to that. I'm more then satisfied . He offered me a perfume for the car instead of any discount. Hes also offered to do some polishing work okkn the bumper where i have that big scratch. Hoping that I can get him to do all that without any charges or something.
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
i got my seat covers for both the palio and lancer fitted at Jiwajee, Annanagar. his guys do a decent job.
Madan, what brand, cost, tights or losse fit and do you have any images? Jewajee is perhaps the best in chennai. Seen lot of his work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The complaints on GSport is basically about the colour difference between the one on the brochure and the seat cover.
Jewajee was saying the Gsport issues was with stitches coming off. Not sure if he was pushing me for Autoform.
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:40   #81
BHPian

Check This Shop

Mahavir Car Jewels. There is guy called appu there. His number is 9840898246. Tell him nikhil, red zen, sent you, he will give you all the details you need.
Old 26th November 2008, 21:32   #82
BANNED

Floor Mats-- Not Foot Mats

hi i got the floor mats for 1550 @ adamjee near the satyam cinema annexe parking.in fact the same building.it is a readymade one and fits properly.

I enquired about the seat covers but the shopkeeper really didnt show any interest in letting me know the rates.because he was busy with a skoda laura customer (actually a prospect).the laura guy enquired the rates and just went off saying i will get back.but

This is called a BAD ATTITUDE and most of the shop keeper have it .....

Okay somehow i got the quote .it was 4600 for the pu seats.it was a branded one ,not gsport.
Old 28th November 2008, 17:53   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
hi i got the floor mats for 1550 @ adamjee near the satyam cinema annexe parking.in fact the same building.it is a readymade one and fits properly.

I enquired about the seat covers but the shopkeeper really didnt show any interest in letting me know the rates.because he was busy with a skoda laura customer (actually a prospect).the laura guy enquired the rates and just went off saying i will get back.but

This is called a BAD ATTITUDE and most of the shop keeper have it .....

Okay somehow i got the quote .it was 4600 for the pu seats.it was a branded one ,not gsport.
Check out choice seat zone (the shop name is put up as gaylook). Its on peters road in that new college complex. (theres a flyover in front of the road coming out of the satyam theatre main entrance, dont climb on that flyover, its on the left. Poor directions I know )
I just finished my interiors work today and hes done a swell job. 4600 for dual tone art leather seats brand is jackspeed, dual tone art leather steering cover 375 and PU flooring 1600 labour 300. You can check out the snaps in the initial reviews page, "2 week old verna" is the thread name.
His contact no is 9840747705 - Mahesh. He and his bro run the shop and theyre very nice people, so I guess after your mentioned experience this would be better for you. The guy who does the labour has been with them for over 25 years I think so he does a very fine job. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 28th November 2008 at 17:57.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:59   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Check out choice seat zone (the shop name is put up as gaylook). Its on peters road in that new college complex. (theres a flyover in front of the road coming out of the satyam theatre main entrance, dont climb on that flyover, its on the left. Poor directions I know )
I just finished my interiors work today and hes done a swell job. 4600 for dual tone art leather seats brand is jackspeed, dual tone art leather steering cover 375 and PU flooring 1600 labour 300. You can check out the snaps in the initial reviews page, "2 week old verna" is the thread name.
His contact no is 9840747705 - Mahesh. He and his bro run the shop and theyre very nice people, so I guess after your mentioned experience this would be better for you. The guy who does the labour has been with them for over 25 years I think so he does a very fine job. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Hi ,Mahesh's is my friends classmate ,so will contact him.

BTW your car looks good the interiors are in cool colors.All the best mate
Old 29th November 2008, 19:20   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,Mahesh's is my friends classmate ,so will contact him.

BTW your car looks good the interiors are in cool colors.All the best mate
Oh thats worked out well for you! Thanks a lot buddy! Hope you can get a nice job done too.
Old 8th March 2009, 21:27   #86
BANNED

Hey guys.I think this thread shouldnt die?what say?

Come on BHPians keep posting your cars Seat pics.More the pics more you help other
Old 15th March 2009, 18:36   #87
BANNED

Autofoam

Hi All,

I happen to see autofoam in one of the shops .it was quoted from 6555 to 8500. is that the real cost?? i think its hiked atleast by Rs 1500 .

Advice please
Old 17th March 2009, 22:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys.I think this thread shouldnt die?what say?

Come on BHPians keep posting your cars Seat pics.More the pics more you help other

Got my set customized with matching doorpads. Was never a believer in direct after market fitments.
Attached Thumbnails
Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-seats.jpg  

Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-seats-2.jpg  

Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-car-side.jpg  

Old 18th March 2009, 07:31   #89
BHPian

how much did it cost you Petrol_head??
Old 18th March 2009, 10:54   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
how much did it cost you Petrol_head??
4500 for the covers, doorpads and steering covers (not done as yet)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks