Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 23:02   #166
BHPian

My i10 seat covers are stitched and ready, am gettint it fitted on friday/saturday. Will post pics then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
May be; but I stronly prefer ripping off the fabric & stitching with the ART ones with no short cuts; clean job & good finish.
I feel it's not a good idea to rip off the original fabric. Better to have the ART ones fitted on the original fabric. You can still get a good job with the original fabric on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Will I be able to get something for 3.5k , which does not sweat and looks a bit nice too.
arjun, you may not get an ART leather that does not sweat at 3.5k. It will only be a false claim, maybe it will not sweat initially but after sometime it will sweat.
Old 1st April 2010, 06:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Have finally decided to go for autoform art leather seat covers for my swift. Am changing them on Friday and they costs me 5k for the entire set.
Old 1st April 2010, 08:08   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Have finally decided to go for autoform art leather seat covers for my swift. Am changing them on Friday and they costs me 5k for the entire set.
Buddy, if its Friday & somewhere in the city & most importantly, if you don't mind, I would like to come over to have a look. Pls let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by aargee : 1st April 2010 at 08:09.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:41   #169
BHPian

Team, I am planning to change my PU based seat covers on my cedia to leather.

I went to Stanley at Khadhar Nawaz Kahan Road, found my colors in Satin type and he is quoting 37450 - for 2 colors with perforation. Single color would be close to 36k.

Haute Car zone in OMR quotes 38K for the same. No reductions if there is single color.

Interested in checking out Ovion and Haiton. Planning to vist Haiton at Annanagar this weekend. Does anyone know where can I find someone for Ovion?

If there are any other options for pure leather, please help me out.
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:14   #170
BHPian

I'm looking to get Autoform seat cover for my Swift in Chennai. Will appreciate any help/tips in choosing a good style and a good dealer shop in Chennai.

From what I have gleaned, it appears that the Autoform seat covers come in 2 categories: normal and Rivera, the latter being more expensive and perhaps uses the "skin-fit" as contrasted with the former.

Also, is there any perceptible difference at all with respect to quality/thickness of the material among the various Autoform models such as U-Fit, U-Style, U-Arrow etc ? Is the price difference due only to the fitment and pattern style ?

Will appreciate if you choose to contact me by PM too. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Buddy, if its Friday & somewhere in the city & most importantly, if you don't mind, I would like to come over to have a look. Pls let me know your thoughts.
Oh really sorry completely missed your post. I would have definitely not minded. Any time next meet. So sorry.
I have Autoform on my black swift. And mine is U snug.It does not sweat and I really really like it.
Will post pictures soon. I got it for 5k at sonu car accessories in gp road.his number : 9884025238.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:16   #172
BHPian

Priliminary Report - Search for Art Leather seat covers - where and at what price

On Monday 7th June 2010 visited

Important Note : All the prices were quoted for Scorpio 8 seater FF including door trims vat at 12.5% and labour with bill and warranty and were initial quotes( i have not bargained)

Haiton - recommended by one of our fellow TeamBHPians, since i saw the finish was good (on Photos) and the price was reasonable visited them

They have 2 kinds in ART leather

1. PE - only the base art leather with no soft sponge padding cost Rs16,000 approx

2. PU - comes with a inbuilt cotton padding ( feels good) cost Rs21,000 approx

i was astonished by the price since the fellow TBHP had done the same spec (2. PU) with them a few months back for nearly 40% less.
Even after calling him in front of the office people the haiton guy didnt agree to said price so i had to walk out..

Visited Jewajee Car Decors in Anna Nagar

showed me autoform and gsport

1. Autoform has 2 basic types

a.Normal - Snug fit (basic ones ) readly available they are basic slip on covers
Different types in normal are
- u-arrow, ultra plus, u joy and u fit ( these are basically different patterns and start from Rs 7000 to 9000.

Rivera - Skin fit (equivalent to OE fit) had to be ordered and they do the OE fitting by inserting the small rods for the contour and stitch it with the OE cover

u- impress - 10,500 (basic PE art leather with no cotton backup)
u-cheer / u-burr - 11,500
u - pass - 13,500 PU (with cotton back up )

G sport
has 2 specs
PE and PU

got the PU coat only Luster spec with Perforations at 15,500/=

let me include the sun film price also

3M ( will be fitted by 3m company person only) inclusive of all

RE 35% visibility for the side and rear - 5,700

Windscreen CR 70% visibility at 6,500

for the JVC head units he said the JVC has not given the new price and catlog

current prices are AVX 826 30,000
AVX 726 26,000

AVX 44 - 23,000 (approx)

Guys i need to know if the prices are ok or on the higher side and are there any other guys in chennai who offer the same brand for less

pardon me for the poor quality of the attachment since the file was large i had to shrink it
Attached Files
File Type: pdf autoformecatalogue1.pdf (1.13 MB, 1148 views)
Old 8th June 2010, 11:59   #173
BHPian

I happened to meet a guy working in CTS, who shared the number of a leather seat guy. Said that guy was a wholesale leather dealer and does the car seats as well at competitive prices. If anybody likes to check out, please let me know and i will PM the same.

Please note that this was referred by somebody and i am not sure about the quality of the work neither i am connected to this in any way.

Anybody who can identify a good job can check and let us know.
Old 11th June 2010, 02:08   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@prithvi_sen:

Haiton prices are too high. I wasn't sure of a good place in chennai, so I took a trip to bangalore and had my Nissan Patrol done at Ovion in Bangalore. They did a fantastic job. A friend of mine had his Elantra done there too.

They can complete a Scorpio in a day so, if you land up there one evening/night you can drop of the car in the morning and pick it up late evening same day.
Old 11th June 2010, 16:54   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi_seln View Post
On Monday 7th June 2010 visited

Prithvi - I enquired for the ucheer for i20 and I was quoted 12,000 in a shop on 100 feet road near vadapalani (I think its called Omega)

Looks like th skinfit varieties are more costlier - and doesnt make a big difference between bigger or smaller card (less than 1 K diff)

What have you finally installed ?
Old 11th June 2010, 21:41   #176
BHPian

hey my car is only due next week i booked it on 8th may 2010 and still waiting for it since i am more adamant on the specs. i have booked a Scorpio VLX with ABS 8 seater. The sad part is the loan is ready and the down payment is ready and even the reg nos are ready . still the car is not in sight????
Old 12th June 2010, 06:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey my car is only due next week i booked it on 8th may 2010 and still waiting for it since i am more adamant on the specs. i have booked a Scorpio VLX with ABS 8 seater. The sad part is the loan is ready and the down payment is ready and even the reg nos are ready . still the car is not in sight????
You are not the first to say this - I know someone who is waiting for his Scorp for about 2 months!!!
Old 12th June 2010, 08:12   #178
BHPian

bye the by this is my 3rd car in the line up of my scorpios

2003 Scorpio Dx 2.6 turbo
2006 Scorpio SLX CRDe waited for 2 months
and the one i have booked , waiting waiting waiting ..
Old 29th July 2010, 22:35   #179
BHPian

@ arjun: i checked for seat covers for the swift.you can get covers for less than three thousand but its made of rexin which the shop keeper himself advised me not to buy.the basic range starts from 4500.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:44   #180
BHPian

Quote:

1. Autoform has 2 basic types

a.Normal - Snug fit (basic ones ) readly available they are basic slip on covers
Different types in normal are
- u-arrow, ultra plus, u joy and u fit ( these are basically different patterns and start from Rs 7000 to 9000.

Rivera - Skin fit (equivalent to OE fit) had to be ordered and they do the OE fitting by inserting the small rods for the contour and stitch it with the OE cover

u- impress - 10,500 (basic PE art leather with no cotton backup)
u - pass - 13,500 PU (with cotton back up )
Oh my GOD!
All this while, I thought the other way round. So, basically, the Skin Fit seat covers are the best, right? I want the tightest fit possible.
What is bucket type fitment? Does it change the OE shape of the seats?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks