Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 10:20   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Ok, so took the plunge today and left my car at Sai Colorium for denting & painting. Hoping that they'll do a very good job! Will keep you posted on how the results come out ...

Regards,

Please do get the pics of before and after... along with your comments..
Old 30th May 2008, 20:12   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so took the plunge today and left my car at Sai Colorium for denting & painting. Hoping that they'll do a very good job! Will keep you posted on how the results come out ...

Regards,
how much? same colour or different colour? full job?
Old 31st May 2008, 01:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
how much? same colour or different colour? full job?
Like I mentioned previously, Sai has quoted ~20K (~3K for denting included). The color is same as original - Sea Frost Green. All external painting with denting on some panels.
I think he mentioned ~28K or so, if I wanted to paint a Lancer in different color.
Old 31st May 2008, 02:18   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Like I mentioned previously, Sai has quoted ~20K (~3K for denting included). The color is same as original - Sea Frost Green. All external painting with denting on some panels.
I think he mentioned ~28K or so, if I wanted to paint a Lancer in different color.
Hi Lancer, please can you give me the contact number of Sai? Dose it come in the Metro road?
Old 31st May 2008, 05:54   #65
Team-BHP Support

Just got my swift back from Surakshaa, they did a phenomenal job. One whole side was badly scraped by two wheelers. Sill damaged by building stones dumped on the road and also front bumper was damaged by the same.

Great colour match. The body work came to 12 K, a little more than expected but the result was good save for one or two small blisters due to dust on the paint surface
Old 31st May 2008, 09:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hi Lancer, please can you give me the contact number of Sai? Dose it come in the Metro road?
Please look at the post above from ravibhatt about the contact # and address. They are JP Nagar Phase I. From Bannerghatta road turn right onto Sarakki main road and drive on to I.G. Circle (Indira Gandhi). At this crossing (there will be a arched gate on the left), turn right, and take the 4th left (IIRC) - it is a narrow unmetalled road - you will see a sign of Motorcraft Workshop. At the end of the lane is Sai Colorium on the right.
Regards,
Old 31st May 2008, 09:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Please do get the pics of before and after... along with your comments..
I did take a 2-3 snaps with my N95. Let's see how the job comes about.
Old 31st May 2008, 13:35   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Just got my swift back from Surakshaa, they did a phenomenal job. One whole side was badly scraped by two wheelers. Sill damaged by building stones dumped on the road and also front bumper was damaged by the same.
Heres a pic although in poor light
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc_0175.jpg

Slight overspray on the tyre!
Old 31st May 2008, 13:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Heres a pic although in poor light

Slight overspray on the tyre!
That looks a high class job - also like the blue color on your swift :-)
Old 10th June 2008, 14:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to Sai yesterday. The painting was done and looked good :-)
Fittings, final polishing and cleaning (interior and exterior) were still to be done. Hoped to get it today, but as it happens, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning.

Will post more after I get the car back.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:10   #71

Painting my esteem in Bangalore

hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to get my car painted? I have a white esteem and was toying with the idea of either repainting it or choosing a completely new colour.

I'm particularily interested in how much this might cost me ( metallic / non-metallic ) and where i might get a good deal.

Thanks in advance!!
AJ

Note from Team-BHP Support : Post merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th June 2008 at 13:25. Reason: Search
Old 24th June 2008, 19:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

I suggest Suraksha or Sai Colorium both are good places. Also make sure you referances of people who already opted their service so they will give you best care.

Before you give your car visit multiple places and make sure you set right deal in right place.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th June 2008, 20:20   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

I was about to put in Sai Colorium as well. I need to visit him shortly for a clearcoat job.
Old 2nd July 2008, 01:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Report of paint job @ Sai Colorium

Ok, so here is my experience with Sai Colorium, and some pictures before and after. Sorry for taking so long.

Sai Colorium did a pretty good job of the denting and painting. And the price for the job was best in class. Here is an attempt to list out what I liked and what I didn't like.
Please note this is based on my individual experience, so it may not exactly determine your mileage one way or another.

* Big and well equipped workshop with paintbooth etc
* Ananth (owner), Khan (workshop mgr) and Aleem (senior expert) hear you and my interaction was likeable and informative during the 2 weeks - they are helpful, and give you choices like don't need to paint the roof as it looks in good condition
* Ample painters and body work tinkerers.
* Though the painting was for outer body, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had painted the door interiors, running board etc (a couple of doors they
had to do minor denting)
* One free coat of Teflon after finishing included (of course, you may skip it)
* Followed my instructions like proceeding with painting only after I had a look at the denting job done - put up with my requests to align the door, fender etc perfectly and executed as possible
* Time estimate was good by Indian standards. They took well under 2 weeks and probably a day or so more than estimated. To compare, Fastcars had quoted minimum time of 2 weeks, and also wanted me to wait till they could schedule my car.

Dislikes :
* If one is very particular (or nitpicking), there were a couple of paint scratches (underneath clearcoat), and a few very minor dimples on the bonnet (again under clearcoat). One or two small blisters if I searchd hard all over the car.
* Even though the workshop is large, too many vehicles come for jobs. I saw a couple of small scratches and a small chip on front of rear door that weren't there the previous day when the painting was done, but finish, polish and fitting were left
- I have to say that Sai offered to do touchup/minor repaint to rid these issues (except the dimples) and they did it well.
* Storing the removed components and refitting them could do with some improvement. I found the right rear door scuff plate came off easily (while alighting and this was due to plastic insert got broken - got it changed at A.S.S. for 150/-) .
Also, somehow they managed to get 1/3rd of my dicky board wet. I had to dry it by removing it and keeping it in the verandah for 3 days. Also the board was slightly bent.
-------------------
Overall, I am happy with the work they did, and their willingness to listen to the customer and make some extra efforts. I say definitely good value for money. I have mentioned a few aspects where there could also be
improvement. Maybe, a very good A.S.S. could do a somewhat better overall job at almost double the price ? You can take a call what is appropriate for you. For me, the delta is not significant relative to the cost.
Hope its helpful to some of you. Pics in next post.

Cheers,
Old 2nd July 2008, 01:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

Photos of my lancer before repaint

Find a few snaps of the dent and scratches before the job.
Attached Thumbnails
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-lancer_pre1.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-lancer_pre3.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-lancer_pre2.jpg  

Last edited by lancer_rit : 2nd July 2008 at 01:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks