Photos after repaint.
Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-lancer_post1.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-lancer_post2.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-lancer_post3.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 05:28   #77
BHPian

Great!! if you don't mind please can you let me know what was the final price you sent for all the great work?
Old 2nd July 2008, 06:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Just got my swift back from Surakshaa, they did a phenomenal job. One whole side was badly scraped by two wheelers. Sill damaged by building stones dumped on the road and also front bumper was damaged by the same.

Great colour match. The body work came to 12 K, a little more than expected but the result was good save for one or two small blisters due to dust on the paint surface
Suraksha Motors does a great job. I recently drove into a window while trying to park in the drive way....cursed myself very badly, took her over to Suraksha and the work they did was amazing, perfect color matching, got the rear left side taillamp changed. They listen to each and every complaint note it down and then recheck before delivering. Their technicians are very polite too.
Old 2nd July 2008, 07:05   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I was about to put in Sai Colorium as well. I need to visit him shortly for a clearcoat job.
Is clearcoat the same as Teflon coating or is it something different. Cause when i enquired at Suraksha, they said that they cant do a clearcoat now, they can only do it if its just been painted. I didnt get the funda behind it and also i didnt ask them as i was in a hurry, Can you throw some light on it.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Great!! if you don't mind please can you let me know what was the final price you sent for all the great work?
Total = 20.5k (15k painting + 1.75k fitting + 3k tinkering /denting +750 internal cleaning)

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:19   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftron View Post
Is clearcoat the same as Teflon coating or is it something different. Cause when i enquired at Suraksha, they said that they cant do a clearcoat now, they can only do it if its just been painted. I didnt get the funda behind it and also i didnt ask them as i was in a hurry, Can you throw some light on it.
Clearcoat is usually done after the base coat is done while painting. Of course, Teflon is something entirely different.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:45   #82

Wow! That's a great job done on the Lancer. Looks pristine
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
15k painting + 1.75k fitting + 3k tinkering /denting +750 internal cleaning
For 15k, did they paint whole body or the panels that were scratched/dented?
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
For 15k, did they paint whole body or the panels that were scratched/dented?
like I mentioned earlier in the thread, its for whole outerbody painting in same color.
Old 2nd July 2008, 18:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply. Would you know if it could have been done for 4 - 5k if only some panels were painted.

I am in a similar situation and trying to see how much that would cost.
Old 2nd July 2008, 19:01   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Thanks for the reply. Would you know if it could have been done for 4 - 5k if only some panels were painted.

I am in a similar situation and trying to see how much that would cost.
You can get only some panels painted (i have done it several times in the past). The only thing is if the bodyshop gets good color matching (less of a problem on light metallic colors). How much they charge depends on bodyshop. My Lancer A.S.S. charged 4-5k per door, while the same cost at Sai would be 2-2.5k I guess.
Old 3rd July 2008, 00:02   #87
BHPian

Thanks Lancer, I was wondering if we can add more sparkles, i saw on Overhaulin that they add more sparkles to the paint before they spray it on the car. Can we procure it here in India? If so any idea from where?
Old 3rd July 2008, 02:21   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This link should help understanding clearcoat: meguiars.com: FAQ - What is clear coat paint?
Old 3rd July 2008, 02:34   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
This link should help understanding clearcoat: meguiars.com: FAQ - What is clear coat paint?
Thanks Mag, i was thinking of getting a repaint done on my Silver Swift, entire car with a royal blue or the kind of blue that my dad had on his BMW 365ci Coupe in Munich, not the usual Blue that comes with Swift but the one which the OHC had with more sparkles.
Old 4th July 2008, 03:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mag, i was thinking of getting a repaint done on my Silver Swift, entire car with a royal blue or the kind of blue that my dad had on his BMW 365ci Coupe in Munich, not the usual Blue that comes with Swift but the one which the OHC had with more sparkles.
To change your car's color is a bigger and more expensive job than get a recoat in same color. You also have to get it entered in your RC as per law.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks