Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2008, 14:03   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
The Ohcb16T & Zen vtec T are not daily driven & comes out once in a blue moon, Accord had his T.C removed long back. not seen any baleno there, The above T.C engines were rebuild recently again cause of some problems.
hello
the b16 & zen vtec are daily drive the owner preffer to take the car in the evening when they are back from there work. accord is sold long time back. the T.C were rebuild as the customer asked for the forged internals as they want to run high boost on the cars
Old 8th January 2008, 18:20   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Actually if you had an AFR datalogger and a dyno, you could tune a carb almost as well as an ECU for max power. But yeah you're right in a way; your emissions, idle and cold-start would pretty much go to hell if you were using a carb.

Don't for a moment think ECU calibration is easy: changing 100+ data points is not something I would call easy without a dyno OR an AFR device. Without either of these, its still guess work.

i agree its guess work if you don't have a AFR and dyno.but thats what i am saying.that when a tuner is provided is provided both AFR and dyno and he's computer literate too. then it is harder to tune a carb setup than an EFI.i did not say that it can't be done as good.we already have examples of that.but its harder.it requires more knowledge.and more time and more physical work than tuning the EFI.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:12   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
when a tuner is provided is provided both AFR and dyno and he's computer literate too.
Very tough combination to find in India, chief...
Old 8th January 2008, 22:50   #169
Senior - BHPian

well lol man.i can understand that.but using AFR's is common.its a very easily available unit.but the other two things are something which are scarce in india.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:56   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armotosport View Post
hello
the b16 & zen vtec are daily drive the owner preffer to take the car in the evening when they are back from there work. accord is sold long time back. the T.C were rebuild as the customer asked for the forged internals as they want to run high boost on the cars
weren't they already forged earlier A.R? What boost were they running? & how much more you plan to boost those beast?

Daily drive is in drive daily to work/shopping/meets etc etc...
Old 8th January 2008, 23:20   #171
Team-BHP Support

Have to admit Ron has done a pretty good and reliable job with his esteem, considering that this was his first turbo build that too on a very limited budget. He wanted to prove a point at that time and he did it, if you ask me.

Running fine for last couple of years also, It moves quite well, and please its upto him what he wants to do with his personal car (his wife can still reliably take it to the grocery store and have to worry only about the wheel spins) so guys chill and lets see what he will come up next time
Old 8th January 2008, 23:28   #172
Senior - BHPian

He refuses to take me out in it. He is a bad person.
Old 9th January 2008, 08:03   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello
:
you own a R33? can we have more details about it. And can you provide details on the cars you have worked on.
Old 9th January 2008, 14:21   #174
BHPian

Quote:
weren't they already forged earlier A.R? What boost were they running? & how much more you plan to boost those beast?

Daily drive is in drive daily to work/shopping/meets etc etc...
hello
no they were not running forged internals. they were running point seven PSI boost.planning to take the zen around 1BAR with NOS and the B16 around 1.2BAR
Old 9th January 2008, 14:34   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
:
you own a R33? can we have more details about it. And can you provide details on the cars you have worked on.
hello
she was running RB20 NON TURBO. latter called for RB26 with six speed manual transmission. now i am working on the internals planning to run hig boost
1 NISSAN 300ZX TWIN TURBO
2 SUPRA 2JZ TWIN TURBO
3 MITSUBISHI GTO TWIN TURBO
4 COUPLE OF HONDA B15 RUNNING TURBO AND THEY ARE DAILY DRIVE
5 HONDA CITY RUNNING ITB
6 BMW M3
7 HONDA CIVIC EG8 RUNNING B16A
8 ZEN RUNNING HONDA D15B WITH TURBO AND NOS
9 MITUBISHI LANCERS CONVERTED IN EVO 4 AND 5 AND 6THAT'S T.M EDITION
Old 9th January 2008, 17:12   #176
BHPian

Hello,
I think to tune a FI engine is much easier than the old carb.U can "see" the fuel and igniton curves.U can be very accurate in ur fueling.I think Rocam will say the same thing.And then along with the maps,if u have the priviledge of a wide band......u can see whats going in,and what comming out.

I am scared of carbs,they are good-n-old,but FI is better.This is my opinion.If u ask an old man ,he will say otherwise because he has lived his life with carbs.

And someone sadi that u cant get a combination of AFR,Dyno and computer knowledge in India.Can some one tell him where will he get the combination right.I cant tell him,otherwise the mods will not let this post come up

Karan
Old 9th January 2008, 18:25   #177
BHPian

Quote:
hello
no they were not running forged internals. they were running point seven PSI boost.planning to take the zen around 1BAR with NOS and the B16 around 1.2BAR
I think you meant .7 bar boost. With your Target Boost, How much power to the wheels they will put according to you?

Quote:
hello
she was running RB20 NON TURBO. latter called for RB26 with six speed manual transmission. now i am working on the internals planning to run hig boost
2 SUPRA 2JZ TWIN TURBO
5 HONDA CITY RUNNING ITB
6 BMW M3
Kya bhai! I dont see my car in that list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
Hello,
I think to tune a FI engine is much easier than the old carb.U can "see" the fuel and igniton curves.U can be very accurate in ur fueling.I think Rocam will say the same thing.And then along with the maps,if u have the priviledge of a wide band......u can see whats going in,and what comming out.

I am scared of carbs,they are good-n-old,but FI is better.This is my opinion.If u ask an old man ,he will say otherwise because he has lived his life with carbs.

And someone sadi that u cant get a combination of AFR,Dyno and computer knowledge in India.Can some one tell him where will he get the combination right.I cant tell him,otherwise the mods will not let this post come up

Karan
Best way i think is to first street tune with wideband installed in your car & lambda output should be fed to your ecu, get your Target A.F/r 's right, updated online in your fuel maps, keep watch on your E.G.T,E.C.T,I.A.T run conservative ignition timing, datalog as much as possible with full load & W.O.T & final fine tune your ignition curve on a dyno.cause dyno can only tell you when you will reach your M.B.T point.Once you reached that point retard ignition values in MAP by few degrees for engine longevity.
I dont think you can do all this in carb setup.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2008 at 09:48.
Old 9th January 2008, 19:45   #178
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the effort to type your posts out in full and proper english, and with the appropriate punctuation. The entire community will benefit from neatly written posts. Thanks

Quote:
Kya bhai! I dont see my car in that list?
hello
when we achive wht are looking for ur car will also be there in the list SIR.
for the other car it depends on the tunning and that will be were soon .

Last edited by GTO : 10th January 2008 at 13:02.
armotosport is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th January 2008, 00:15   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello
2 SUPRA 2JZ TWIN TURBO
5 HONDA CITY RUNNING ITB
6 BMW M3
Now where can we find the full chapters with pictures and under skin details for the above index.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:32   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Now where can we find the full chapters with pictures and under skin details for the above index.
hello
all this are my clinets cars so i can just put the pics on the forum without there permission if u want to see this cars ur are most welcome to AR MOTO SPORT i can give u all the details u need for this cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks