Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:17   #91
BHPian

i disagree most tuners dont know much...even after giving an open buget and freedom to do EXACTLY what they feel will best i can say the past so called reputed tuners i have visited have done nothing infact more damage than good,...in fact at one tiime after tuning the car became slower than stock
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:35   #92
BHPian

Nevster,This being a public forum i think you should help the newbies like me by disclosing the name of these "Reputed" tuners,Who promised a lot and delieved nothing.i think this is the whole point of the Thread right ?
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
You're right for the most part but higher stresses dont really kill the engine: its incorrect ignition advance and lean mixtures that do.

Depending on what I've seen here, stock engines can be very, very reliable up to 10-12 psi on bone stock internals provided the fueling and ignition is taken care of.

but ananth with the Indian car ecu, can you alter the fuel and ignition maps.
Old 22nd December 2007, 20:18   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
ooops my bad ... I thought otherwise. IMHO, although your intentions are for the good of the forum and to make everyone gain knowledge, I think starting a poll will worsen things.
Such a poll would make tuner "A" look bad if he gets out polled by tuner "B" or "C"-"D"-"E". You will agree that everyone has favourites and lots of people have had problems with some or the other tuner. It is another thing that most of such problems often arise out of one's own "over smartness" (dedh-shanagiri) and not due to the reputed tuners fault. Another thing is that with the advent of new and new Google aided self proclaimed are mushrooming up every day, a lot of innocent enthusiasts are being taken in for a royal ride by such guys who do nothing but trial and error on the expense of the innocent customer. Such guys also freely advise their friends to show off that they have ultimate knowledge in turn confusing the poor chhap so much that he ends up getting his car done up in a wrong way.
What im trying to get across is that any poll will end up as side taking and then eventually come down to name taking and mud slinging in a disguised manner (as personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum). MOst poll results will be made by persons who are either good friends of the pollees (is there such a word?) or have heard through friends and will not be fair. Just my two pennies!!
I completely agree gogi sir..but it was just a suggestion. but i also agree with GEMBALLA

I have my favorites and can only recommend who/what i think is ACCEPTABLE to me..So its just free advise..take it or leave it..

P.S. loved the Christmas card..now i am reluctant to find something on similar lines for the laydees...

Last edited by R32_GTR : 22nd December 2007 at 20:25.
Old 23rd December 2007, 22:46   #95
BHPian

what are the contact details of ar motorsport?
Old 23rd December 2007, 23:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
but ananth with the Indian car ecu, can you alter the fuel and ignition maps.
Maybe not directly but using external add-on devices or a standalone.
Old 24th December 2007, 00:16   #97
BHPian

wat are those external add on devices. can we get some more info on them or some links
Old 24th December 2007, 00:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
wat are those external add on devices. can we get some more info on them or some links
emanage or some piggy back devices is what i guess ananth is taking about.
Old 25th December 2007, 19:51   #99
BHPian

i was at Fahad's workshop the other day, some truely impressive cars...he does a really good turbo install!
Old 26th December 2007, 00:55   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdreams View Post
Nevster,This being a public forum i think you should help the newbies like me by disclosing the name of these "Reputed" tuners,Who promised a lot and delieved nothing.i think this is the whole point of the Thread right ?
Im sorry streetdreams but you have got the entire sentiment of this thread wrong. We are here to discuss the obvious and not to take names so please refrain. Thanks.
Old 27th December 2007, 15:01   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
emanage or some piggy back devices is what i guess ananth is taking about.
E-manage or piggy back are not enough for turbo jobs switching on to fully standalone ECU unit is the only way can fine tune your fuel maps and ignition timings......and one thing for sure you cant tune a turbo setup without engine or chassis dyno...if somebody is tunning it without that.......simmply means your not getting the full tune up or the proper tune......coz tuner is a human being not a dyno.....i have worked with many personnels while the turbo jobs are done....and found out only way to do it professionally is a dyno.......
Old 27th December 2007, 15:31   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerdyal View Post
E-manage or piggy back are not enough for turbo jobs
hmmm actually I've seen quite a few successful turbo jobs using a piggy back! however yes, a retuned ECU is definately better...
Old 27th December 2007, 15:43   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
hmmm actually I've seen quite a few successful turbo jobs using a piggy back! however yes, a retuned ECU is definately better...
Ya DOcG
THats very correct to get the jobs right by piggybacks but i am sure they dont last long basically it need frequent tune up which i think is impractical.....because of the correction signal variations..........
Old 27th December 2007, 18:35   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerdyal View Post
Ya DOcG
THats very correct to get the jobs right by piggybacks but i am sure they dont last long basically it need frequent tune up which i think is impractical.....because of the correction signal variations..........
Most standard ecu's can handle boost to certain levels and piggybacks are used to tune them within that range. You can up fuelling by increasing injector size and ignition curves by using the right tools. Most of the piggybacks allow you to tune the same but to a limited extent.

V16 agree with you on the mud slinging aspect but isnt this forum out here to make sure that one doesnt get into that in the first place nad get the right information to empower you?

PS: I agree that having a dyno is beneficial but dont tell me cars havent / arent being tuned without dyno's and are still performing well?
Old 27th December 2007, 18:39   #105
BHPian

about the dyno...i haven't confirmed this...but Karan's dyno here in Mumbai can handle only around 250hp?!? that's what I was told, can someone please confirm...

Last edited by DocG : 27th December 2007 at 18:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks