Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 04:55   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
PS: Its doesn't have to be a .001 HP increment like you said ; its a happier more eager more at ease engine man. Definite increased flow rate + it takes 150ml more oil too , happily that too.
I believe the number I wrote was something close to 0.0000000000000001 hp.You may be a high performance driver, but I belong to the category of people that make the high performance possible in the first place. I dont believe anything until I see numbers, and neither do others with even a LITTLE objectivity. SO your words like "increased flow rate", "purolator abroad is a whole different scene", "more eager" etc. are all phenomenally useless to me and others with an iota of common sense.

And don't send me a pm whining about this post like you did last time, its going straight to the dustbin.
Old 4th March 2008, 07:40   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
I believe the number I wrote was something close to 0.0000000000000001 hp.You may be a high performance driver, but I belong to the category of people that make the high performance possible in the first place. I dont believe anything until I see numbers, and neither do others with even a LITTLE objectivity. SO your words like "increased flow rate", "purolator abroad is a whole different scene", "more eager" etc. are all phenomenally useless to me and others with an iota of common sense.

And don't send me a pm whining about this post like you did last time, its going straight to the dustbin.
he he .

I dont have anything to say man ,except it does make a difference - enough for me to feel and want.

I will always continue to use the K&N oil filter , until my girlfriend comes back from London with 6 Mobil 1 oil filters I especially ordered some time back [ along with my synthetic gear oil ] .
BUT:-
Your the man you know everything , so i will bow out .

PS: OT - all i said was no need for sarcasm AND I think you have some attitude issues , no whining involved.
[ your explanation for a foreign dyno reading was not a good stopgap measure " to end ALL the speculation " anyways ]

PSv2: I think you and me are very different drivers . Sure you agree to that.

PS 3 : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...l-filters.html (K&N OIL Filters)
Please do show us your intelligence by warning us/enlightening us against the oil filter in the appropriate thread. Much appreciated.
THEN we can leave gemb's thread alone.
Sorry for that gembella.
Not that I think you mind ,.wink

Last edited by cyneverdie : 4th March 2008 at 07:54.
Old 4th March 2008, 08:09   #183
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...l-filters.html
Old 4th March 2008, 15:37   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
well i don't know why, but.....
....And, oil filter part numbers for a factory turbo car are EXACTLY the same as the non-turbo version. Maybe all these people are stupid.

Actually Ananth, I think Cyneverdie belongs to a young and enthusiastic breed of speed addict drivers. I think the issue is that most of such enthusiast are not guided right, so if you ease on the sarcasm and instead, help him realize the error, it would be great. A guy with your knowledge can really help many of us on the forum against situations like this exactly by stating the facts. Then if someone still does not want to pay heed, its his/ prerogative, right?
Cy, dont get me wrong but maybe the feeling you have of a power increase however slight, or whatever, by changing to a K&N oil filter is IMHO, more psychological. I can still understand the use of such filters in Drag and Race cars but in a normal everyday car like what I presume you drive, its actually not making any difference except maybe its easier to replace and put back, but your mechanic does that already right? Trust me these filters are for really high performance cars unlike ours so an OE filter will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
He runs a Turbo Esteem not a Swift.
and a turbo Zen too
Old 4th March 2008, 19:12   #185
BHPian

simple solution to all modifying for anyone however knowledgeable they are

formula:

dyno + tuning= money/power
Old 4th March 2008, 20:42   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

so if you ease on the sarcasm and instead, help him realize the error, it would be great.
V16, I've tried and failed. Spent two hours last night looking up the facts and data and posted it on the K&N oil filter thread. Some people never understand.
Old 14th March 2008, 18:12   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Crazy man , you running a turbo swift with the purolator oil filter?
Didnt know you had a turbo'd swift petrol , if you dont mind how much boost you running man?

I know he has/had issues with his fuel pump but i thought the water pump was doing it's job well enough.
Just saw this thread:

I run a petrol Esteem turbo and yes with a purolator filter as it has never given me a problem for over a year with the turbo. I run in excess of 1 bar.

PS: what I had mentioned was about my car. Also the water pump is the weak point on the g13b.
Old 29th March 2008, 03:35   #188
BHPian

some new picss for exterior mods
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Swift turbo-dsc00661_resize.jpg  

Suzuki Swift turbo-dsc00660_resize.jpg  

Suzuki Swift turbo-dsc00662_resize.jpg  

Suzuki Swift turbo-dsc00663_resize.jpg  

Suzuki Swift turbo-dsc00659_resize.jpg  

Suzuki Swift turbo-dsc00658_resize.jpg  

Suzuki Swift turbo-dsc00664_resize.jpg  

Old 29th March 2008, 04:20   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice ,pretty tastefuly done...beside the GT-R logo at the back, imo.
Seats look pretty comfy for recaro type, you probably get a lot more leg room at the back now too.
Btw, whats that big hole on the front bumper?
Old 29th March 2008, 08:21   #190
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a CAI or air for the intercooler.
Old 29th March 2008, 11:41   #191
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hot looking Swift! Has the right hand side of the car been repainted? There is a clear colour difference between the front and rear doors in the 3rd picture. Or maybe its the camera angle?
Old 29th March 2008, 12:02   #192
BHPian

its the camera angle
Old 29th March 2008, 12:10   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
i think you misunderstood my post...its not a swift running 30 psi that would be insane...its my new car thats comin in a month that will be doin it and thats a different breed of animal a bit
Quote:
its the camera angle
Love the way you painted those rims and they look a lot better now. How about painting the innermost lip a bit more such that just the outter lip and the ring perpendicular to it are silver and the rest is black. Cheers to a hot Swift thoughcheers:

Any news on your new car? How about a hint or two?
Old 29th March 2008, 12:26   #194
BHPian

500 hp evo full race spec
Old 29th March 2008, 12:29   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
500 hp evo full race spec
WOW!!! Will it be an EVO X? or an Indian lancer converted into an EVO?

Last edited by khanak : 29th March 2008 at 12:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks