Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2008, 02:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dr. Chill.

Update: I have a sample ready. I need guinea pigs... sorry ... I mean volunteers!!

Anyone willing to give this a try? I ll send the volunteer a 2 ft X 3 ft sample to begin with. The sample is free .. of course!

My only requirement for the volunteer is that he/she should have used dynamat extreme before, so I can get an honest comparison.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th July 2008 at 12:08. Reason: Post edited. 2 smileys per post max, as per the rules.
Old 6th July 2008, 23:07   #17
BANNED

well all the best. hope you get sucess and we get a cheaper dampening sheets locally in india
Old 7th July 2008, 12:51   #18
BHPian

i just came across a product for roof insulation and it looked a bit like a tar or rubber base, without the aluminium of course. looks and feels like a sound insulator but i don't know much so i can't say for sure. i think its called roflex or something. anyone seen it?
Old 7th July 2008, 15:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

All the best bro you should give it a try.....i think some goa based firm swastik are already manufacturing some stuff though not sure, but yeah i saw this ad for the same in OD/ACI..they are havin this site baasfx.com....
Old 7th July 2008, 18:13   #20
BHPian

I don't use Dynamat extreme (or any damping really). But once you are more towards the beta phase of things, I would more than love to be a volunteer. I promise to send all my friends to you if the product is good.
Old 10th July 2008, 15:30   #21
HPP
BHPian

What would be ground breaking(but seems impossible?)is to be able to make a sound deadener that is light weight(relatively..). For those of us who are interested in performance.. light is king. I'd love to add some sound deadening to my modded cars, but the weight will always hold me back. You invent a light weight sound deadener, and I'll want to be the master distributor for the US.
Old 10th July 2008, 15:44   #22
Team-BHP Support

you can try to PM navin. I think he has used all kinds of mats for damping.
Old 10th July 2008, 19:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
What would be ground breaking(but seems impossible?)is to be able to make a sound deadener that is light weight(relatively..). For those of us who are interested in performance.. light is king. I'd love to add some sound deadening to my modded cars, but the weight will always hold me back. You invent a light weight sound deadener, and I'll want to be the master distributor for the US.
I have something similar in mind...

I dont know if it ll work as well, but I am sure I can make a deadening sheet which is 1/2 the weight of regular products.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Update on Sample: Sorry for the delay..

Sample is ready, just working out the adhesion part of it.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
All the best bro you should give it a try.....i think some goa based firm swastik are already manufacturing some stuff though not sure, but yeah i saw this ad for the same in OD/ACI..they are havin this site baasfx.com....
I had spoken to them last week. The person claimed that they're getting the damping sheets imported.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:34   #26
BHPian

Abhij - great effort and R&D. I am also willing to volunteer, but it would be better to get a guru like Naveen as he is very knowledgable and have indepth experience in this.

I will be one of your customers, ofcourse if your product is doing what it is meant for .
Old 10th July 2008, 20:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ AbhiJ

So when is test report surfacing ??? Try talking to Gunbir. He uses this kind of stuff on a professional basis all the time. I think you would get a REAL feedback from him.

Installers are the best judge for this kind of thing. We as consumers may not have the expertise to differentiate very well.

As Navin said, the difference between Dynamat & Dynamat Extreme is huge.

For a common person off the street it may be hard to tell the difference. B'coz more than half the time the "difference" is in the mind so to say !!!!

All the best for your project & hope to see it as a commercially viable alternative to the "firang" stuff !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 10th July 2008 at 20:52.
Old 11th July 2008, 11:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

@ AbhiJ i think there are some more companies in India which make similar stuff don't know the names though ,will ask and let you know
Old 11th July 2008, 14:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey AbhiJ - Congrats on trying to develop a good import substitute. Have never used Dynamat earlier, but more than willing to be a volunteer. Always had a problem with road noise creeping in, and would love to be able to get some peace n quiet.
Old 11th July 2008, 16:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Abhij bhai we are waiting for some pics of the specimen...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks