Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 15:04   #121
BHPian

How about Silton - iDAMP

Will appeal to Mac heads
Old 31st July 2008, 19:45   #122
BHPian

another something to test... two layers of thin rubber + ali sandwiched in one sheet... I suspect that the transition from one material to another with a different elastic properties will help damp better.
Old 31st July 2008, 23:20   #123
BHPian

why not keep it simple?

awesome initiative!!

why not keep the naming simple..

1. NoNoise
2. SoundOff
3. UnSound
4. DeNoise
5. Tomb (it is said, Quiet as a Tomb)
6. PinDrop (Silence)
Old 1st August 2008, 01:28   #124
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the encouragement and suggestions guys.

Lots of great names suggested here.. now to zero down on the perfect one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajith View Post
another something to test... two layers of thin rubber + ali sandwiched in one sheet... I suspect that the transition from one material to another with a different elastic properties will help damp better.

Ajith, great thinking but I cant keep the rubber layer exposed on Top. Will lead to various issues. What will be interesting to study is, to have two thin layers of rubber with very different viscosities sandwiched together. Then give the aluminum on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post

Hey Abhi,

Have sent across a single unit of Wuerth for product comparison.

The adhesive compund that i was mentioning is working too expensive for your present program. However a small tin ( 150 ml ) for trial is being sent along as well.

Thanks a bunch dude. I really appreciate all your help. Btw it was great talking to you the other day. Very informative and encouraging.

As far as the adhesive goes, I am working on the problem which you pointed out with my supplier. Hope to give you a better next sample. If it still doesn't work out, there is no option but to opt for higher cost adhesives. Only problem is, I want to keep the pricing for the product as reasonable as possible without any compromise in performance.

Cheers to your effort and am sure we can spin it around with all the collective effort here in the forum in creating a logo, product endorsing teasers, some web-ads, product info leaflets, packaging techniques, colors in branding, logistics and a complete business case plan to help you in very way possible.

That ll be absolutely great.

Finally, long live the Idea.!!!

Amen.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 1st August 2008 at 01:31.
Old 1st August 2008, 10:39   #125
BANNED

Hi Abhij,
This is a valuable and innovative work you are doing here. I hope you succeed in this venture. However one suggestion- test your product extensively before you bring it to the market. Because once it is there it's success primarily depends on it's functionality and reliability.
Also you would be well off to do some actual measurable testing using instruments rather than just resorting to how people feel.
First get it to work according to expectations then think of how to reduce the costs without disturbing the quality.
Some factors which you might already be considering and I feel are important- vibration damping effect, weight of product, quality of damping material like durability and inertness to elements, Anti corrosive, easily to handle and use, easy availability and finally cost.
Don't worry too much about name, if it works as promised then even Abhimat will do.
Old 5th August 2008, 01:27   #126
BHPian

Here's a potential customer in 6 months time who will be ready and willing to dampen his whole car coz its already stripped down !
Old 14th August 2008, 18:23   #127
Senior - BHPian

SiltonMat V 1.1

Update: V 1.1 is ready for testing!

Ok people, today we have successfully produced the first prototype of V 1.1 in 30" X 18" size.

Changes made in V 1.1

1) V 1.0 did NOT dampen as well at Dynamat Extreme.
V 1.1 The Team BHP gurus shall tell us.

2) V 1.0 The rubber portion was too thick.
V 1.1 The rubber is thinner.

3) V 1.0 The Aluminum was absolutely hopeless.
V 1.1 A much better and thicker Aluminum layer.

4) V 1.0 The adhesion was NOT good on NON metallic surfaces.
V 1.1 Better Adhesive + Double layer application + new application method should solve this issue.

5) V 1.0 The rubber layer was TOO sticky and soft.
V 1.1 Rubber is not as sticky and harder.

6) V 1.0 Cosmetics were horrible.
V 1.1 Improved somewhat, but still a long way to go.

Samples will be dispatched to the gurus on Saturday.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL.

Old 14th August 2008, 19:43   #128
Senior - BHPian

yaar i am just hoping with all my heart the final product gets ready ASAP cant wait too long to do the damping, the boot of viva and the swift are ruining my music like crazy.

and about the adhesive not sticking on the plastic surfaces is all wrong, it did stick will on my plastic, its not as great as the wurth but does just fine, the problem is the plastic need to be as smooth as it be and it sure need to be squeaky clean for this to stick.

i have tried a piece on my swift's plastic door pads and they stick pretty well.

all that i did was clean it with proper soap water spray then scrubbed it with a good banian cloth material when its wet and then wash it off with water and then wipe it dry with tissue papers. then stick this material and see it hold.

in my case i used an all purpose cleaner called AWESOME i picked it up from the dollar shop in city center mall here in Hyderabad, i think you guys can use the easy off bang and try this.

its not the pads being thick that bothered me the most, the application was difficult because the aluminium layer did not hold it intact and it kept breaking up or stretching which made a little more thinner.

and ABHIJ now can i please have the pics of the second version here?

and i would like to know how the wurth sample has helped you have you used any ideas from it?

also i was kind of thinking why should you not try using the mosquito net along with the aluminium to make it more firm instead of changing the chemical composition?

i say this because on comparison i found the scoche damping sheets were more sticky and flexible but they had a thicker layer of aluminium and a plastic layer on that, that should be a good Idea to keep water away from ICE, the plastic layer helps more by not letting the water stay on it unlike the wurth's.

okay thats i have for now lets see the pics please!!!.

Last edited by rider60 : 14th August 2008 at 19:46.
Old 14th August 2008, 20:39   #129
BHPian

@Abhij
You have a nice bunch of people for valuable feedback and i wish your product eventually turns out to be more VFM and a commercial success.

Has the name been frozen? If not does MuteMat sound promising :-)
Old 14th August 2008, 21:29   #130
Senior - BHPian

hey one question here who has tried scoche damping sheets?

let me tell you the mrp of this and please dont drop your jaws though!

its 3990 bucks for four sq ft!, yes i am talking about the top end one!

this is the sole reason for me comparing this material with scoche and its too damn awesome too, absorbs every thing like crazy! i saw a swift use just 2 sq ft for each door and they were stuck at right places and the effect is quiet awesome! the swift had a 1004 gto series with polk comps and a pio mono 7200 with polk sub! dont know the model numbers though, the sound was KRYSTAL CLEAR and crisp!

on the other hand i dont have any shops stocking dynamat extreme here!

please put quiet a lot of thought into this and try to get a sample seriously and test it please!

http://www.scosche.com/pdf/Scosche_2...ecessaries.pdf

this is the PDF linky download it and check out the one from the chart with two brass cups, the blue labeled one with aluminium foil layer on it is the one i am talking about i the guy here even had that demo pad too!

the chart is on page no 149!

and about the squeaky clean part let me tell you how i did it with pictures as soon as my cam is back from my cousin to night!

Last edited by rider60 : 14th August 2008 at 21:30.
Old 14th August 2008, 21:35   #131
Senior - BHPian

rider60

yaar i am just hoping with all my heart the final product gets ready ASAP
Me too. If you guys approve V 1.1, expect the product in September.

its not as great as the wurth but does just fine.
This time, I think you ll find the adhesive much better better than before.

its not the pads being thick that bothered me the most, the application was difficult because the aluminium layer did not hold it intact and it kept breaking up or stretching which made a little more thinner.
Should not happen this time.

and ABHIJ now can i please have the pics of the second version here?
Sure. Soon.

and i would like to know how the wurth sample has helped you have you used any ideas from it?
A lot. Thanks a bunch. Helped me decide the viscosity for the rubber in V 1.1.

Muni

You have a nice bunch of people for valuable feedback
Absolutely. They are being a huge huge help and motivation

Has the name been frozen?
Name is not frozen. SiltonMat is just temporary name. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 14th August 2008 at 21:36.
Old 14th August 2008, 22:41   #132
Senior - BHPian

dude the adhesive on the first version is not awesome but its really quite good just that you need to do the application the way it has to be done give me some more time for the pics!
Old 15th August 2008, 00:35   #133
Senior - BHPian

Picture of Version 1.1

I want to develop the Indian version of Dynamat. UPDATE: Sample is ready for testing!-top.jpg
Aluminum Side

I want to develop the Indian version of Dynamat. UPDATE: Sample is ready for testing!-bottom.jpg
Adhesive Side

I want to develop the Indian version of Dynamat. UPDATE: Sample is ready for testing!-side.jpg
Cross Section

I want to develop the Indian version of Dynamat. UPDATE: Sample is ready for testing!-ready.jpg
Couriers leave Saturday..

Thank You.
Old 15th August 2008, 02:10   #134
Senior - BHPian

Looks very positive and professional.
Old 15th August 2008, 04:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

well this is how made the plastic squeaky clean, and wiped it dry with tissues and stuck on a sample of the version 1.0 pad.

hope you guys so something similar while testing again this time, all the invisible grime was washed off, and i rubbed my thumb against the plastic pad it makes the squeaky sound, i give the pads two-three washes till i get this sound to make sure they are totally clean!
Attached Thumbnails
I want to develop the Indian version of Dynamat. UPDATE: Sample is ready for testing!-dsc01651.jpg  

I want to develop the Indian version of Dynamat. UPDATE: Sample is ready for testing!-dsc01653.jpg  

I want to develop the Indian version of Dynamat. UPDATE: Sample is ready for testing!-dsc01654.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks