Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2018, 15:02   #616
BHPian

Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
How was it, Sir?

I am thinking to buy Dr Charcoal Non-Electric Air Purifier. Anyone of us used this product?
I have been using the 200gms pack for about 3-4 months now in my i20, and it delivers as promise. I have it hooked into the rods of the rear headrest so it's free to pivot between the backrest and the boot cover.

However, this will only make your car scent-neutral / odourless. It's not a car perfume in that sense.
sidpunjabi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 23:42   #617
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me how to make my car smell like coffee. I have roasted coffee beans. Do I roast then again and put them in the car or grind them or put in just like that?
Old 2nd November 2018, 08:30   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How was it, Sir?
Looks like you missed this post. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4193646 (How does your car smell)

Biggest problem with Coco is disposal. Though one can use it for up to an year by keeping the can in direct sunlight from time to time. Between the two, I will stick to Whiteleaf.

Quote:
I am thinking to buy Dr Charcoal Non-Electric Air Purifier. Anyone of us used this product?
I think those sacks will be dust magnets in our conditions. My preference would still be Whiteleaf.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 22:56   #619
BHPian

The ever so popular Areon Ken Black Crystal have got a new packaging ! Amazon Cloudtail was selling them for 250rs only, so picked up a couple of them !

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4063718 (How does your car smell)

How does your car smell-img_5755.jpg

How does your car smell-img_5933.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 12:07   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking to buy Dr Charcoal Non-Electric Air Purifier.
I bought a 200gm pouch and using it from last 25 days. I must say its a good product and works like a charm. This non-electric air purifier works well. It actually absorbs the bad smell makes the air fresh and breathable.

Some of its benefits:
• 100% Organic & Natural
• Absorbs bad smell, bacteria & pollutants
• Chemical free
• Fragrance-Free
• Eco-friendly
• Less expensive
• Lasts for 1 year

How does your car smell-1111.jpg

How does your car smell-2222.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 10:13   #621
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a 200gm pouch and using it from last 25 days. I must say its a good product and works like a charm. This non-electric air purifier works well. It actually absorbs the bad smell makes the air fresh and breathable.
Thanks SJM1214. I was looking for something like this. I don't like any artificial scent/smell in my car and so avoid using any air freshener for the same reason, this will be my type of product to keep in car which can absorb any foul smells and keep it odourless.

By the way, how do you rate this after using it for a month. Also does the package attract too much dust?

KK
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:01   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
By the way, how do you rate this after using it for a month.
This thing is basically smell less, so a first-timer can't detect its effect in the car. However, If you use your car regularly, you can surely experience the difference. Normally, when you get in your car after seven to eight hours, you face a different kind of smells. After using this, I noticed that my car is odourless and it feels fresh. So far very much satisfied with this product.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:42   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Can anyone tell me how to make my car smell like coffee. I have roasted coffee beans. Do I roast then again and put them in the car or grind them or put in just like that?
You need to put them closer to some source of mild heat. You need not roast them again. On hot days the smell can become overbearing too.

I was recently in Chennai & noticed a very nice smell in the car that had come to pick me. Found out that driver uses something called JAVADHU POWDER.
It is traditionally used in religious functions.
Must say that a hint of it is good enough for couple of day & it is pretty cheap.

BHPian's from Tamil Nadu may throw more light on it

1st post of 2019, Happy New Year to all
Regards-Sonu
Old 25th April 2019, 19:31   #624
BHPian

I haven't used Dr. Charcoal. But I can say WhiteLeaf products do work. They don't look as fancy and cool as some other products in the market. But most importantly they work. The poor looks has got to do with their concept of keeping the fabric single layer and as thin as possible. It gets dirty, but does the trick of being able to absorb more smell. If you are ordering from their website directly, you would most likely end up with no shipping information. But they are extremely responsive in WhatsApp. I had run in to a similar problem with shipping , but they managed it well. Happy with their service. I have infact spoken to then on look and feel. Hope they are able to better it. BTW, be aware of activated carbon products sold in Amazon. Most are useless even if rated highly. I purchased and returned 2 such products before ordering Whiteleaf.
Old 18th June 2019, 19:45   #625
BHPian

I recently bought a Figo Aspire and was planning to do a long road trip in it. But with the new purchase, I thought of experimenting with a new car perfume also. I am a pet parent and I often do long road trips. So, I always keep searching for a good car perfume to keep all those smells at bay. I was at a after market store in Vashi for the window blinds when I saw the Involve Organic car perfumes. I inquired about it from the shop owner and he said it was very effective and lasted for more than a month easily and the citrus was his personal favourite. He also told me that it's made in India as against the cheap Chinese branded perfumes. I thought why not try one given the shop guy's rave reviews and picked up the Citrus one.
How does your car smell-perfume-citrus-3.jpg

How does your car smell-perfume-citrus-2.jpg

How does your car smell-img_20190618_194425.jpg
I initially opened it a day prior to starting my road trip from Mumbai to Mangalore by opening half of the aluminum foil covering the perfume cake bars below the cover thinking that just opening it half way will make it last longer
So the first 2 to 3 days I kept it that way and there was a significant burst of citrus smell. My wife found me using it and she removed the whole foil on the 3rd day and trust me we consistently noticed it for next 7-8 days that the new car welcomed us with a blast that would be pleasantly present throughtout our road trip from Mumbai to Mangalore.

I had bought the perfume in end may. The fragrance was very strong for 40 days and now the fragrance is weak but still there. I guess it should go on for 6-7 days more. As I have said before, I have used brands right from the cheap chinese ones to the likes of Godrej Aer & Mysheldon claimed but they just fade away in first 10-15 days. I have also used Godrej Aer Pocket but it started causing me a headache in first 3-4 days and would just vanish thereafter.

Now I wanna try the other fragrances in the list of their perfumes and saw some good reviews as well online and the best part about it was Made in India ��

To sum it up, the perfume is dry so no spillage and since I dont like anything on the dashboard I kept the Citrus in the side pocket of my driver side door yet all I could hear about it from whoever sat in the car right from my colleagues to friends and family was about the Smell being very Citric, Lemony lime and yet not harsh. I bought the Citrus for 300 bucks which I felt justifies the product as I wanted something not too overwhelming and more like a stable one for longer duration. The only con is that the cover doesn't close completely after you open it. So if you want to use it after some days the foil needs to be preserved.
AlokSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 03:44   #626
BHPian

I've been using Areon Black Crystal for years now. And it's really crazy how long they last. I gifted my friend two some 4 years back, and he still calls me ever so often to thank me. It does make for a great gift to someone who owns a car, and you'll be remembered often for ages to come! To make my sets smell a little stronger, I have acquired the Areon Black Crystal perfume spray which I spray into the cans once a month, and it works like a charm!
Old 21st July 2019, 20:44   #627

My one year Ford Ecosport has this odd smell, that I managed to down with an air freshener. But the air-conditioning when switched on, gives off a putrid smell, that I have begun to suspect might be harmful. I had requested the service center to look into it, but they said it happens because the running is low (6000kms in a year) and asked me to drive with windows down, keep the blower running etc. But nothing is working! Any advice on theair-conditioning issue?
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:46   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank21090 View Post
My one year Ford Ecosport has this odd smell, that I managed to down with an air freshener. But the air-conditioning when switched on, gives off a putrid smell, that I have begun to suspect might be harmful. I had requested the service center to look into it, but they said it happens because the running is low (6000kms in a year) and asked me to drive with windows down, keep the blower running etc. But nothing is working! Any advice on theair-conditioning issue?
Leave the car running for a while with fresh air mode selected and thermostat on hottest setting. After that you can get an idea if it's cleared up a bit and then you can use a can of AC cleaner foam in your vents from Amazon

This is for fungusy and damp smells. If it's something more rotten then could be a dead rat or lizard in the vents and will require disassembly and cleaning

Last edited by Mortis : 23rd July 2019 at 16:47.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 21:22   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank21090 View Post
My one year Ford Ecosport has this odd smell, that I managed to down with an air freshener.
Always turn off the AC a minute before parking your car.

Now coming to the solution for this problem.

Drive with heater set to max and fan speed set to max and windows rolled down. Turn the vents away so that you don't get roasted. Drive at a fair clip for 20 mins. Keep recirculation on for majority of the time and switch to fresh air mode for 5 mins.
This works everytime in my 10 yr old i10

Another fix I have used in Polo

Get the engine warmed up (5 min drive).
Set AC to fresh air mode and full fan.
Close all windows, come out of the car and
Pour diluted disinfectant on the gutter vents (between bonnet and windshield) pour little at a time.
Then switch off the AC and keep the fan in fresh air mode and again pour diluted disinfectant on the gutter.
Once done switch off the car quickly and lock it and leave it like that for 2 hours or over night.
Before driving the first time roll down the windows and let all the vapours escape.

I can bear the smell of phenyl but some people feel dizzy .. so use a disinfectant accordingly.

I use phenly but you can use dettol/savlon etc. I am also not sure of the side effects of disinfectant on rubber hoses. But I have done this 3-4 times on my 4 year old polo and not had any issues with it.

Last edited by freedom : 23rd July 2019 at 21:23.
Old 3rd August 2019, 12:21   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Leave the car running for a while with fresh air mode selected and thermostat on hottest setting.
This has to be done with car windows rolled up? 10 minutes good enough?

I can come out of the car for those 10 minutes. Right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks