Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2010, 08:41   #166
BHPian

@raghav.carfreak : Can you please tell me where this Bosch Car Service center is locaer ted on out ring road ?
Old 1st May 2010, 16:54   #167
BHPian

This is in banashankari 3rd stage, It's about 200-300m from PESIT college, There's one on mysore road as well
Old 2nd May 2010, 09:49   #168
BHPian

I had the same problems with shabbirs setup. the headers started to leak and when i took it to the local mech he said that the wrong kind of nuts had been used to bolt it.

Its been just one year since i got it and my muffler sounds very bassy now, is there a way to get it throaty back again?

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd May 2010 at 09:39. Reason: Correcting spelling 'started'
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:06   #169
BHPian

Is there any other choice to go ahead with a smooth FFE installation?

I am yet to find someone who drives a wagonR or alto with FFE in Bangalore :(
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:20   #170
Senior - BHPian

so what is the verdict people??
shabbir or say someone like viper?
Any idea on how much a custom made FFE for a palio 1.2 would cost? Im seriously considering this for my ride. The Thing about shabbir/raj is that if there is say a leak i can always get it fixed ,since i stay close(but if he would care about the car once the work is done is another issue).
and will it be cheaper and better to make a FFE or get a ready made one say like automech.

Last edited by vinaydas : 2nd May 2010 at 23:28.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:03   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I had the same problems with shabbirs setup. the headers atarted to leak and when i took it to the local mech he said that the wrong kind of nuts had been used to bolt it.

Surprising , I haven't there gone off-late and hence cant comment. Apparently I never deal with shabbir , its always Raj directly and have got what I wanted.

Most of the cars that I have gotten done, has been only when Raj is around. Jameel usually has helped me with the tuning in Raj's absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Its been just one year since i got it and my muffler sounds very bassy now, is there a way to get it throaty back again?
Depends on how much glass wool was filled in during the install of the 1st end can. Your best bet is to get a new one fabricated coz Shabbir will buy back the old end can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Is there any other choice to go ahead with a smooth FFE installation?

I am yet to find someone who drives a wagonR or alto with FFE in Bangalore :(
So you still lurking around for that low end torque eh ;-) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
so what is the verdict people??
shabbir or say someone like viper?
Any idea on how much a custom made FFE for a palio 1.2 would cost? Im seriously considering this for my ride. The Thing about shabbir/raj is that if there is say a leak i can always get it fixed ,since i stay close(but if he would care about the car once the work is done is another issue).
and will it be cheaper and better to make a FFE or get a ready made one say like automech.
Vinay I can vouch for the fact that no one can beat Raj's work at-least here in the South , unless you want to go to Leelakrishnan. I would say go there when Raj is in town and hand over the car. Its been almost 3 yrs since my older baleno had gotten the FFE installed from Raj. Absolutely no issues and no leaks what so ever.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:19   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The best way to figure out is to open the hood and check for yourself. If the hyundai A S S has fixed the exhaust leak then please check the headers itself. If you dint know headers are also prone to leaks at the joints. I am attaching an image for reference.

Attachment 340059
Riju, where did you get these header pics? It doesn't look like it's made in India. Can you provide the link if the pic is from some website. i'm thinking of a header :-)
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:34   #173
BHPian

Quote:

So you still lurking around for that low end torque eh ;-) ? .
Yeah, I want to feel before going ahead with this modification, So looking for some one who already has the FFE installed on their alto or wagonR, Any pointer here?
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:23   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Riju, where did you get these header pics? It doesn't look like it's made in India. Can you provide the link if the pic is from some website. i'm thinking of a header :-)
sankar just did a random search in google man.

Quote:
Yeah, I want to feel before going ahead with this modification, So looking for some one who already has the FFE installed on their alto or wagonR, Any pointer here?
I have no clue boss. If its a 1.5 or 1.6 there are umpteen vehicles here in bangalore. I dunno if someone has done it on a WagonR.

BTW vj_mavrick has a 1.1 VXI alto done up with headers.PM him and check.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:37   #175
BHPian

Quote:
BTW vj_mavrick has a 1.1 VXI alto done up with headers.PM him and check.
thellightening - you can PM to a fellow bhpean "English" he had installed header in his WagonR. But not from Raj, i guess.

vj_mavrick shifted to pune as far as I know. He installed header from viper.

Else, wait for one more month I'll join you to install header from Raj

Last edited by ImranShahnawaz : 3rd May 2010 at 13:39.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:47   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
thellightening - you can PM to a fellow bhpean "English" he had installed header in his WagonR. But not from Raj, i guess.
Sure, thanks for that pointer, I will PM "English" now.

Quote:
vj_mavrick shifted to pune as far as I know. He installed header from viper.
True, VJ_Maverick moved to Pune and his FFE is from Viper.

Quote:
Else, wait for one more month I'll join you to install header from Raj
WOW ! Thats great lets do it together, waiting for Raj Sir to land. What you say?
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:09   #177
BHPian

Quote:
WOW ! Thats great lets do it together, waiting for Raj Sir to land. What you say?
Definitely. But if you want to talk to Shabir, I can PM his number to you. His workshop is located near TV tower. I met him 3 months ago, he said full free flow will cost 7.5k for WagonR.

But as others suggested, lets wait for Raj.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:28   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely. But if you want to talk to Shabir, I can PM his number to you. His workshop is located near TV tower. I met him 3 months ago, he said full free flow will cost 7.5k for WagonR.

But as others suggested, lets wait for Raj.
yes, Lets wait for Raj. I am interested in FFE with good quality and finish. It should not create problem over the run. I feel better to go with stainless steel FFE. What you say?

I am looking for 4x2x1, what your prefer?
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:03   #179
BHPian

Quote:
yes, Lets wait for Raj. I am interested in FFE with good quality and finish. It should not create problem over the run. I feel better to go with stainless steel FFE. What you say?

I am looking for 4x2x1, what your prefer?
Any Idea when raj will be back?

Stainless steel will be a bit expensive. I thought to go for ceramic coated 4x2x1 set-up (low and mid range). Let's fix this during 2nd staturday of June, if date is okay with you? I'll PM you my Banglaore number.

Imran
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:56   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Any Idea when raj will be back?

Stainless steel will be a bit expensive. I thought to go for ceramic coated 4x2x1 set-up (low and mid range). Let's fix this during 2nd staturday of June, if date is okay with you? I'll PM you my Banglaore number.

Imran

Hi Imran,

The FFE will be same for WagonR and Alto vxi 1.1 ? How much time its takes for the installation ? Are these available readily or we need to order before?

Cheers,
Ranjith

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks