Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2010, 10:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

What you need is paint correction!

a polish will definitely blunt the edges of the swirl marks making them less visible but, the swirls will be properly removed by a mild cutting/rubbing compound!

if the swirling is heavy, then compound > polish(to remove compounding scratces) > wax
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2010, 14:40   #47
BHPian

Went through application of Collinite today no my ANHC.

Though my vehicle is very new (just 26 days old) still decided to go ahead with the Collinite due to monsoon as protective coat (not a single drop of real monsoon rained as yet in Pune though).

Though Collinite didn't make any remarkable difference, the paint was anyways defect free but still I could see a some improvement in glaze factor; I could feel the improvement in the smoothness and skid factor on the paint surface. Didn't check the water beading as yet though.
Here are some pics after Collinite application.
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_8634.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_8621.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_8629.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_8637.jpg  

RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2010, 11:52   #48
BHPian

I received the wax and used it. Gives a very smooth and slippery feel to the car surface. Paint shimmer is great. Now lets see how long it lasts! and also how good is it in the rains.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:56   #49
BHPian

Folks, here's an update on the Collinite offer.
I contacted the Collinite dealer.
Mr Sanjay has emailed stating that the discount for Team BHP members is valid till 31 July, FWIW.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:56   #50
BHPian

All,
I read so many people ordering Collinite but not many of them shared their experiences. Could you please share your experiences; any learnings from it; any tipe or tricks etc.
Please post the result pics of your vehicles after applying Collinite.
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:17   #51
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Well I have received my bottle of collinite and will be working on my car over this weekend - hopefully rains will stop until I can finish as in Mumbai its raining heavily and I don't have a shed to work on my car. Hope to click pre and post pictures and post it in this thread.

By the way the offer that is available is only till 31st July - as informed by Mr Sanjay.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:42   #52
BHPian

Sohail/Garipagol,

What is your feedback about using the Megs UQD or any other quick detailer over the Collinite to maintain the finish ? Hope the UQD wont react with the Collinite & remove the layer ?
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

I too was skeptical about UQD use on collinite finish! (as UQD has mild polymers and collinite is a carnauba wax) (actually, polymers don't properly adhere to a carnauba wax)

I also had a carnauba based quick detailing spray, and it worked quite well!
I've also used the UQD on it and got good results!

Dont worry, it cant harm the collinite layer!

UQD is just meant to remove the dust and fingerprints without scratching the finish.
Though you will get better results with it if used on a cured sealant!(slightly!)

UQW is a sealant based QW spray! Generally, synthetic sealants don't properly bond to the carnauba waxed surface, therefore compromising their own(UQW's) longevity!

immediately, it would definitely look good and may even last 3-4 days but it(UQW's sealant layer) will wear off quite soon when compared to when you use UQW on a sealant (NXT 2.0).

I havent used UQW though! lol

Many ppl say that the solvents used to liquefy waxes and sealants can thin out a wax layer! (sealants are resistant to that 'thinning out' )

I think if you regularly wax/seal the surface! (I do it weekly unless I'm super busy!) then you can use the spray waxes and UQDs!
Old 27th July 2010, 23:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I too was skeptical about UQD use on collinite finish! (as UQD has mild polymers and collinite is a carnauba wax) (actually, polymers don't properly adhere to a carnauba wax)

I also had a carnauba based quick detailing spray, and it worked quite well!
I've also used the UQD on it and got good results!

Dont worry, it cant harm the collinite layer!

UQD is just meant to remove the dust and fingerprints without scratching the finish.
Though you will get better results with it if used on a cured sealant!(slightly!)

UQW is a sealant based QW spray! Generally, synthetic sealants don't properly bond to the carnauba waxed surface, therefore compromising their own(UQW's) longevity!

immediately, it would definitely look good and may even last 3-4 days but it(UQW's sealant layer) will wear off quite soon when compared to when you use UQW on a sealant (NXT 2.0).

I havent used UQW though! lol

Many ppl say that the solvents used to liquefy waxes and sealants can thin out a wax layer! (sealants are resistant to that 'thinning out' )

I think if you regularly wax/seal the surface! (I do it weekly unless I'm super busy!) then you can use the spray waxes and UQDs!

Sohail, what I did last weekend was to wash, use megs cleaner wax, and use UQD in the afternoon.
Is that a correct procedure or am I leaving any gaps.

I am not going for comprehensive slaying and polishing as I am yet to procure a good polish. Is sonax auto polish (procured from US) ok?

What I plan is wash (formula 1) -clay (megs) -polish (hopefully sonax) - wax (nxt 2.0) in one weekend, and use UQD and UQW for the next 4-6 weekends, before applying a layer of nxt / collinite.
Need yours/ Sid's (garipagol)/nirmaljusdoit's comment on the procedure.

I am also planning to procure some collinite 845 - do I just email sanjay?
Old 28th July 2010, 11:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If you are planning to order Collinite-845 then do it fast; the 10% discount for Team-BHP members+freebies end on 31st. July2010.

Write an email to Sanjay (he will explain you rest of the procedure); transfer money to his bank account and then you are all set. Don't forget to ask him to pack the bottle well as there were cases where spilling was reported.
Old 28th July 2010, 14:29   #56
BHPian

Thanks to the members, I too have placed my order today. Details of the order from Sanjay as below:

For Rs: 1223.00 you get

1 Collinite 845
1 Microfiber cloth
5 Average Joe perfume.
1 Areon Dry Mon Car perfume (our gift for last week Team-BHP deal) (MRP 75.00)
Old 28th July 2010, 15:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Just got mine. Shipped on Friday, arrived on Tuesday. The bottle was wrapped in multiple layers of cling Film.

It seems I have a problem with my Formula 1. Does not 'bead' after even one week. So this weekend Collinite gets a try out.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just got mine. Shipped on Friday, arrived on Tuesday. The bottle was wrapped in multiple layers of cling Film.

It seems I have a problem with my Formula 1. Does not 'bead' after even one week. So this weekend Collinite gets a try out.
Great! Do let us know your experience. Please post pics (if possible Pre & Post after applying Collinite-845).
If interested here attached are the guidelines.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Instructions_Collinite 845.pdf (106.6 KB, 7881 views)
Old 28th July 2010, 16:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sohail, what I did last weekend was to wash, use megs cleaner wax, and use UQD in the afternoon.

I am not going for comprehensive slaying and polishing as I am yet to procure a good polish. Is sonax auto polish (procured from US) ok?

What I plan is wash (formula 1) -clay (megs) -polish (hopefully sonax) - wax (nxt 2.0) in one weekend, and use UQD and UQW for the next 4-6 weekends, before applying a layer of nxt / collinite.

There aren't many reviews of Sonax car polish on the net! Just found this one - Nissan 200SX Club - South Africa :: View topic - Sonax car polish day - feeler

I think that after waxing(NXT or any other) one should wait till the other day to use UQD! (I feel UQD might interfere with the sealant/wax curing process)

The process you described is correct! but if possible, do it on a Saturday(Wash>clay>Polish> NXT)

on Sunday morning, give it a 2nd coat of NXT (then it'll really last longer supplemented with UQD whenever you like and UQW weekly)

Topping up NXT with collinite will be great too, will bring that depth and jetting to the black paint(again, Sat-NXT, Sun(morning)-collinite)

the idea behind Saturday and Sunday is that you need to give 'at least' 12 hours for each wax coat to cure, 24 would be awesome!
Old 28th July 2010, 17:01   #60
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Went through application of Collinite today no my ANHC.

Though my vehicle is very new (just 26 days old) still decided to go ahead with the Collinite due to monsoon as protective coat (not a single drop of real monsoon rained as yet in Pune though).

Though Collinite didn't make any remarkable difference, the paint was anyways defect free but still I could see a some improvement in glaze factor; I could feel the improvement in the smoothness and skid factor on the paint surface. Didn't check the water beading as yet though.
Here are some pics after Collinite application.
did you prep the surface before?claying it? tho its a new car, needs that for better bonding. What looks as defect free may not be as even a new car has swirls and contamination for sure.
BTW these alloys are from the honda dealer, i was looking at buying and was told 35K or so, what price did you get them for?

Quote:

May i offer my 2 cents, you should layer NXT again after 24 hours and do that for a few weeks. Post that UQD and UQW are enough. I feel UQW is just for giving that slick feeling, some protection but not that useful really. I use it only when too lazy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks