Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 16:30   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Bigman, you're the one who introduced BHPians to Collinite 845. You deserve the credit, thanks a ton.

Is the hard wax (476) a tougher breed than Waxpol?
Thanks for that.

Not used Waxpol, but from what I have read it takes similar energy to apply. I have stuck with the 845 in England and only used the 476 in India. I was in India for 3 weeks so not long enough to give an opinion.

Personally having tried 845 and 476, I will stick with 845. its much easier to apply, lasts a while and there is enough in the bottle for me to get 2 years coverage.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:04   #107
BHPian

Just ordered Collinite 845 from Sanjay; great communication so far. He is going to send it by today, so hopefully will receive it by end of this week... keeping my fingers crossed as of now, and desperately waiting to try my hands on it.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Thanks for that.

Not used Waxpol, but from what I have read it takes similar energy to apply. I have stuck with the 845 in England and only used the 476 in India. I was in India for 3 weeks so not long enough to give an opinion.

Personally having tried 845 and 476, I will stick with 845. its much easier to apply, lasts a while and there is enough in the bottle for me to get 2 years coverage.
Thanks a lot for the info, Bigman. Might get the 845 soon.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:55   #109
BHPian

Yesterday I got delivery collinite 845, Today I tested it on small surface and truly the results are just amazing. Now I couldn't wait for Clay, Scratch/Swirl removal, MF Cloths to complete the detailing cycle.

Thank you Team-BHP, Sanjay.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:05   #110
BHPian

have done a small test on alto's hood .

half was done with 845 and another half is by Tech wax 2.0. Some how i like tech wax better. may be i am one of a kind
Old 9th September 2010, 12:08   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Yesterday I got delivery collinite 845, Today I tested it on small surface and truly the results are just amazing. Now I couldn't wait for Clay, Scratch/Swirl removal, MF Cloths to complete the detailing cycle.

Thank you Team-BHP, Sanjay.
All the best, Which clay are you planning to use? I would wish to buy it and try.

But so far in Bangalore I couldn't find it at places I visit normally. Suggestions please.
Old 9th September 2010, 13:10   #112
BHPian

Raghu,

You can order it from Sanjay. I got mine last week and yet to test it.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 9th September 2010, 13:34   #113
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
have done a small test on alto's hood .

half was done with 845 and another half is by Tech wax 2.0. Some how i like tech wax better. may be i am one of a kind
Tech Wax is a sealant- gives more smoothness on application. Collinite is a pure wax, i too felt that it does not leave the surface as smooth. In fact all megs products i have found to leave the surface smoother than the rest for some reason
Old 9th September 2010, 14:08   #114
Senior - BHPian

Exactly!!

I too observed that though it might look nice after 845 it feels 'grabby' and not exactly slick!

And the egg gyrate structure of the carnauba catches more dust and pollen as compared to a sealant!!!
Old 9th September 2010, 14:16   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Exactly!!

I too observed that though it might look nice after 845 it feels 'grabby' and not exactly slick!

And the egg gyrate structure of the carnauba catches more dust and pollen as compared to a sealant!!!

Same feelings here!
Can we maybe top up collinite with nxt 2.0?

BTW whats 'egg gyrate structure '?
Old 9th September 2010, 15:22   #116
Senior - BHPian

Oops! Typo!

I meant Egg grate structure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by togwt@detailingbliss.com
Carnauba wax molecules, which are closed linked, which means that they only butt up together to protect the surface. They align themselves to form an egg-grate type structure (with their long axis vertical) this is what gives it depth. This mesh-like structure allows the exine or barbs of the pollen to gain a hold and adheres to a natural wax better than a synthetic polymer.
Damn pollen and dust!!
Old 9th September 2010, 16:32   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Tech Wax is a sealant- gives more smoothness on application. Collinite is a pure wax, i too felt that it does not leave the surface as smooth. In fact all megs products i have found to leave the surface smoother than the rest for some reason
I also got to know that Tech Wax is abrasive while collinite is not, That could be the reason behind better finishing by Tech Wax?
Old 15th September 2010, 21:05   #118
BHPian

Tested the Collinite 845 wax almost 2 weeks back. Its very easy to use and the results are really great on my NHC. Even after daily wash and running in the heavy monsoon, the wax affect is still there. Here is the sample pictures taken after 2wks of applying single layer of 845. (Pictures are just after a waterwash, you can see water dripping from the rear view mirror)

PS : Please forgive the picture quality, its all stills taken from my handycam.
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-after-collinite-multiple-wash1.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-after-collinite-multiple-wash2.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-after-collinite-multiple-wash3.jpg  

Old 15th September 2010, 21:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

I think all in all this most probably proves that Collinite no. 845 does stands the harsh Indian conditions. One more consumer added in line for this great product. Next lot of my CC products will definitely have this wax.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:41   #120
BHPian

Expecting collinite 845 to be delivered to me this week. I need to wait for one more week though to have it applied on my SWIFT, as I will be driving down to Bangalore this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks