Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 23:11   #241
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Kudos to Sanjay, Just got mine delivered today!

Ordered the day before, And he told me tracking will be emailed to me by late evening. No emails/tracking number until 8PM.
Thought he might have forgotten to email me the tracking, but NO! Around at 10PM I get an email from the man with the tracking details.
Very professional and courteous!

Mas one question to you and other 845 users, has the wax changed a bit? My old bottle of the 845 seems a lot thicker! its near empty now so cant really say.
Yes. I also got my tracking at 10 pm. This is the first time I'm using the wax, so I cannot comment on the change in viscosity of the product. Believe me, Americans do not take viscosity as a specification. Hence, there could be a deviation from batch to batch.

But the product seems to be working well. I somehow like the applicator that was provided with the Formula 1 wax!
Old 12th August 2011, 23:19   #242
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mas one question to you and other 845 users, has the wax changed a bit? My old bottle of the 845 seems a lot thicker! its near empty now so cant really say.
Dear Captain Slow, just shake it vigorously and it will turn into liquid.

I had the same doubt when I was using my first bottle and was near to empty

Anyway shaking it vigorously and making it liquid really helps as you have to apply it really thin and let it haze for about 5 mins; with thick layer and prolonged curing be ready for elbow greese during buffing + a paracetamol tablet after the job is done

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 12th August 2011 at 23:20.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 22:58   #243
BHPian

Reflections of a 5yr old Baleno.
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-rdd-baleno.jpg

I used Collinite 845 and a Powerball + MF cloth.

The powerball, although quite helpful is a bit of a pain. If used with any drill apart from a very slow one, it'll fling the wax droplets all over the car. So when i applied the wax to the roof, the glasses, bonnet and boot were full of droplets and i had to wipe each panel 3-4 times by the time i finished the entire car. I was using a Bosh selectable slow speed drill.

Cheers!
james is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 23:24   #244
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Attachment 597258

The powerball, although quite helpful is a bit of a pain. If used with any drill apart from a very slow one, it'll fling the wax droplets all over the car. So when i applied the wax to the roof, the glasses, bonnet and boot were full of droplets and i had to wipe each panel 3-4 times by the time i finished the entire car. I was using a Bosh selectable slow speed drill.

Cheers!
Wow. That is quite a shine you got on your 5 year old drive. I guess it has also to do with the darker colour.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 23:26   #245
BHPian

@james - Brilliant!, Fantastic, one of the best outcome of C845 I have seen till date
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 22:50   #246
BHPian

Did some detailing on my car ~3 weeks ago, it`s raining heavily in Pune for the last few days daily during evening time, was fed up of cleaning the car after an hour long drive ( <5 kms ) in rains, so left my car as it is after driving in heavy rains day before yesterday.

Today noticed lots of water marks, dust deposit (especially on a wet surface) creating lots of marks on the car paint. Initially thought of using a wet m/f towel to clean the car, however ended up just cleaning the car with a dry m/f cloth.

All the unwanted water marks/dirt just vanished with a simple wipe with a m/f cloth.

What I am trying to say is - collinte 845 is at its best when applied after clay+***+sealant. I was surprised and happy to see the outcome, it took less than 05 minutes to clean my car and bring back the shine.

*** ==> scratch+polish
Old 19th December 2011, 22:50   #247
BHPian

Is it good to apply the C-845 to a brand new car? Or beter allow to for few days/weeks/months?
Old 19th December 2011, 23:48   #248
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Is it good to apply the C-845 to a brand new car? Or beter allow to for few days/weeks/months?
Should not be a problem. The wax will help protect the car's paint and keep it shining for a long time.
Old 20th December 2011, 07:31   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Attachment 597258

Cheers!
James, your car looks stunning, can we have more pics. Collinite 845 has got the baleno dressed to kill

-Sajan
Old 20th December 2011, 13:40   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Anything other than giving a new car to local cleaning boy who wipes it everyday with some banyan material, is safe for the car's paint.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 18:47   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Anything other than giving a new car to local cleaning boy who wipes it everyday with some banyan material, is safe for the car's paint.
Thanks for suggestion, hope not from self experience
Old 21st December 2011, 13:58   #252
Senior - BHPian

lol.. Have not given my cars to local fellows any time. They lie in the dust and i clean them on weekends. Still, my 10 year old car shines better than most new cars on the lane!!
Old 21st December 2011, 17:09   #253
BHPian

Did it on the I10 AT and the Civic V AT.

Civic pics attached. The car is ~ 4.5 yrs old. Loved the results. Thanks Sanjay!
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-tes_7563.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-tes_7564.jpg  

Old 8th January 2012, 10:40   #254

Some more wax news to ponder over. Recently picked up a bottle of "Eagle 1 Nano Wax". Cost me 1200/- which included a microfibre. Applied two coats on my Innova (dark red). The final effect was much better than Formula 1 which i have been using till now. Deeper shine and has lasted two weeks now and going strong. However required a little more effort to rub off and buff as compared to Formula1.
Any one any idea whats diffeent between the two in composition.
Old 8th January 2012, 13:31   #255
BHPian

Is there any criteria that collinite 845 cannot be applied for dark colours or as such?
Was going through the thread & there was something like this mentioned by a member. I have a glistening grey new Swift which is neither dark nor light. It's really tough to put your finger on, on what side it falls on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks