Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 20:35   #376
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
However, if you really need it you can buy it from here- http://greenzcarcare.com/Collinite-L...id-241185.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thanks for the information. I will check with greenscarcare if they have 845 in stock and then place the order.
They sell it on ebay too:Collinite 845
If you apply a discount coupon, it'll be cheaper there. Also there's the added protection of PaisaPay.
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 06:23   #377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
They sell it on ebay too:Collinite 845
If you apply a discount coupon, it'll be cheaper there. Also there's the added protection of PaisaPay.
Thanks Joe. I will go ahead and order it from ebay then.

Sorry about the newbie question. How do I apply a discount coupon?
Old 13th May 2014, 07:26   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about the newbie question. How do I apply a discount coupon?
It is the first option you see when you click the buy it now button. If you use ICICI credit/debit/internet banking, there's a 6% discount. It might be available for other banks too. I think the vodafone India website gives you a coupon when you recharge online.

I just noticed, the Greenzcare website offers a 5% discount too.
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 08:33   #379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
It is the first option you see when you click the buy it now button. If you use ICICI credit/debit/internet banking, there's a 6% discount. It might be available for other banks too. I think the vodafone India website gives you a coupon when you recharge online.

I just noticed, the Greenzcare website offers a 5% discount too.
I just went ahead and ordered the item as there were only 6 left in stock (yesterday, there were 8). I used net banking to pay and I did not get any discount. As I am new to online shopping, learning every day!
Old 13th May 2014, 09:09   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just went ahead and ordered the item as there were only 6 left in stock (yesterday, there were 8). I used net banking to pay and I did not get any discount. As I am new to online shopping, learning every day!
You cant go wrong with collinite 845.It is one of the best wax/sealant.An evergreen product. One Bottle will easily last you 20 applications of the full car.

I would suggest you purchase a car pro elastoform clay block and Ultima UWWP also.. The clay block is to decontaminate the surface before applying collinite and the UWWP is for maintaining . Also get 4-5 good microfiber cloths .
Old 13th May 2014, 13:43   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You cant go wrong with collinite 845.It is one of the best wax/sealant.An evergreen product. One Bottle will easily last you 20 applications of the full car.

I would suggest you purchase a car pro elastoform clay block and Ultima UWWP also.. The clay block is to decontaminate the surface before applying collinite and the UWWP is for maintaining . Also get 4-5 good microfiber cloths .
I need a clay bar too. As i have never done claying i want to start a bit easy. So deciding one of these to buy- Nanoskin speedy sponge or Elastoform clay block. Kindly suggest which one will be better?
Old 13th May 2014, 14:08   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I need a clay bar too. As i have never done claying i want to start a bit easy. So deciding one of these to buy- Nanoskin speedy sponge or Elastoform clay block. Kindly suggest which one will be better?
Elastoform clay block any day. It is very easy for a a newbie to work with. Besides its faster than claybar in removing contaminants. A couple of swipes is all you need to remove. And ya no need to worry of dropping unlike clay bar. If you drop it just wash it off with water
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 15:07   #383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I tried searching for car pro elastoform, but could not find any results in Google. Can you please provide me with a link to the product?
Old 13th May 2014, 16:05   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I tried searching for car pro elastoform, but could not find any results in Google. Can you please provide me with a link to the product?

http://www.ultimatedetailerz.com/sho...t-prep-sponge/

Use this once every 3 months. Remember using this will strip off the collinite you would have applied earlier. Basically this thing will remove every thing present on the paint. This will create a smooth surface . This smooth surface will help the collinite to bond properly to paint and will last long. Apply 2 layers of collinite with a gap of 12 hours between coating. It will last 3 months. Then repeat the process
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 16:14   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link- http://www.ultimatedetailerz.com/sho...t-prep-sponge/
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 17:27   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.ultimatedetailerz.com/sho...t-prep-sponge/

Use this once every 3 months. Remember using this will strip off the collinite you would have applied earlier. Basically this thing will remove every thing present on the paint. This will create a smooth surface . This smooth surface will help the collinite to bond properly to paint and will last long. Apply 2 layers of collinite with a gap of 12 hours between coating. It will last 3 months. Then repeat the process
Thanks for the link. I will get this. Just another followup question. In the web page for the product, it says use a clay lubricant or detailing spray on the sponge before using. Which lubricant should I use?
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 19:29   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I will get this. Just another followup question. In the web page for the product, it says use a clay lubricant or detailing spray on the sponge before using. Which lubricant should I use?
Oops sorry did not mention about clay lube. The same website has a product called Ultima waterless wash plus concentrate. Buy that. It's one of the best product I have used. You can use it as a quick detailer as well as a clay lube. Mix 20ml in 500 ml of water and you are good to go
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 23:01   #388
Senior - BHPian

Call me old school or an old fart but I still swear by waxes and For me nothing beats collinite.

I managed to get these results on a white car.

Method - >

1) Washed car with Sonax Car Shampoo
2) Washed the car again with pain water (to remove any Shampoo recedues)
3) Layer of 845 -> (allowed it to cure or 48 hours)
4) A very thin layer on 915.
And these are the results.

This weekend I will apply 1 more layer of the 915.

Please excuse these pictures. It was taken late evening with very bad lighting and from a lousy phone camera.

After using several brands and sealants which are much more expensive I still come back to collinite.
Some very expensive sealants Rs 4,000 + the quantity they give you will not last more than 2 applications and life of these super expensive stuff -> 1-2 months under harsh conditions.

This what even the collinite can do but you can use this over and over again.

Disclaimer - >
I do not work for any of the detailing companies here or Aboard and am in no way associated with any of the commercial detailers.

And after using the 915 for so long I still half this much left.
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-col1.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-col2.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-col3.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-col4.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-wax1.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-wax2.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th May 2014 at 09:29. Reason: Back to back posts.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 23:33   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone purchased Collinite 845 recently. It is out of stock in greenzcarcare, bringingthebest and e-bay. Any other portals where it is in stock.
Old 7th June 2014, 07:23   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Has anyone purchased Collinite 845 recently. It is out of stock in greenzcarcare, bringingthebest and e-bay. Any other portals where it is in stock.
Yes I purchased 2 weeks back. It was out of stock in bringingbest.in. But I wrote to Sanjay and he arranged to ship one to me.
BTW, is it ok to use Collinite 845 on glass/ window surface?
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks