Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 20:16   #466
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Some have mentioned that they have used collinite 845 on their windscreen and it is working fine. I am not a fan of using wax on windscreen. However, was just thinking of doing just the windows. Will it have any long term negative impact?
Old 11th December 2017, 09:57   #467
BANNED

@Jude300; despite advice to the contrary, I will refrain. Remember with its durability 845 will be a pain to remove.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 17:34   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Some have mentioned that they have used collinite 845 on their windscreen and it is working fine. I am not a fan of using wax on windscreen. However, was just thinking of doing just the windows. Will it have any long term negative impact?
I beleve putting wax on a windshield is unnecessary and may cause your wipers to judder. If you want rain water to 'glide' off your windshield use purpose made products like Rain-X.

BTW some car windshields come with a coating from the factory. I know my car does. Even travelling at highway speeds in heavy rain the wipers and coating kept the glass clear. The water just beaded up and slid off the glass much like it does on freshly waxed paint. I even had my wife take a video of it.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:17   #469
BHPian

Guys, please suggest a reliable source to get C845 since it is not listed on Amazon.
Old 27th December 2017, 11:53   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Guys, please suggest a reliable source to get C845 since it is not listed on Amazon.
http://www.bringingbest.in/index.php...tegory&path=20

https://www.greenzcarcare.com/produc...ant=3797026949

No commercial associations, just that I have bought from both of these stores. May be available on other stores too.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 12:05   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
I have purchased from Ultimate detailerz Bangalore twice, and had a good experience with them.

http://store.ultimatedetailerz.com/s...52-17058203766

It's however out of stock at the moment. Greenzcarecare and BB Impex are also reliable. Not collinite, but have ordered other products like Meguiars and Clay bars from them.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: No business association with these guys, just posting my experience.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:52   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Incidentally, the stuff can be collected in person as it is located nearby.

Called on the number mentioned on the website and the person was courteous to answer the queries in nutshell and gave reference and email of Mr. Sanjay (sanjay@bringingbest.in) who handles the operations.

Have written to him and once he shares the address, will visit in person and review the offerings.

Thank you.
Old 16th January 2018, 22:41   #473
BHPian

Been a car owner for more than 10 years not been much into detailing due to various reasons like open car park,bird poop issues,laziness and lack of time etc.
Now that I got a new car was thinking of getting into some detailing work.
Read about Collinite a lot just a few questions. Is it advisable to apply a proper sealant and then apply collinite or direct application is more than enough for the sheen and look.
How many coatings advisable? Is there any procedure to be followed?
All suggestions and help is welcome
TIA
Old 16th January 2018, 23:32   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
Read about Collinite a lot just a few questions. Is it advisable to apply a proper sealant and then apply collinite or direct application is more than enough for the sheen and look. How many coatings advisable? Is there any procedure to be followed?
No hard and fast rules in detailing but these things are more on personal preferences. Better to apply a sealant wax (for e.g. Meguiar's Ultimate or NXT) then a coat of C845. You could apply up to 3 coats of C845 if you are really up to the physical effort of doing so. I personally feel 2 is more than enough unless you're prepping the car for a show.

Since yours is a new vehicle here's what I'd suggest:

a) Wash the car with a good car shampoo
b) Clay it if you really want to but not necessary assuming you have a covered or stilt garage. If the car has been in the open you could think of claying it.
c) Apply a sealant wax and wait for about 24 hours for it to dry
d) Follow with a coat of C845 taking care to spread it VERY thin on the paint or you will have a major hassle. Let the coat dry till it's hazy and then buff it off with a deep pile microfiber cloth. Repeat next day after ensuring there's no dust on the paint. The 3rd coat is at your discretion
e) Use a good quality car cover to preserve the paint and protect it from dust, smears, bird bombs, pollution etc.

If you want a tough face-it-all wax then C476s is your answer but it requires extra work when buffing off. A treat for your car? Collinite's Marque d'elegance
R2D2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 23:44   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
c) Apply a sealant wax and wait for about 24 hours for it to dry
d) Follow with a coat of C845 taking care to spread it VERY thin on the paint or you will have a major hassle. Let the coat dry till it's hazy and then buff it off with a deep pile microfiber cloth. Repeat next day after ensuring there's no dust on the paint. The 3rd coat is at your discretion
What's recommended if there is a very fine layer of dust after a day?? I don't trust Jopasu if waxing is needed.

Quote:
A treat for your car? Collinite's Marque d'elegance
I am interested in this. Which site do you recommend??

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 00:20   #476
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt and detailed procedure will follow it up and try my hands at detailing.
I am not lucky with a stilt or a covered car park mine stands in open exposed to heat and dust.
Sorry for the noob question how do I go about the claying process and which one you recommend.
With regard to extra effort let me first try basic efforts then think of extra effects.
Old 17th January 2018, 09:35   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
Thanks for the prompt and detailed procedure will follow it up and try my hands at detailing. I am not lucky with a stilt or a covered car park mine stands in open exposed to heat and dust. Sorry for the noob question how do I go about the claying process and which one you recommend. With regard to extra effort let me first try basic efforts then think of extra effects.
Right then, stick to the basics this time around and graduate to better or enhanced detailing later. You can skip the clay bar. Just make sure the car is really clean and then apply the sealant followed by C845.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
What's recommended if there is a very fine layer of dust after a day?? I don't trust Jopasu if waxing is needed.
Yes, Jopasu isn't made to take off off every bit of dust. I'd recommend covering the car for the coat to 'cure' (between 12-36 hours according to some 'pros') to prevent dust settling on the paint. Either that or park it in an enclosed garage if possible.

Quote:
I am interested in this. Which site do you recommend??
I bought my Collinite goodies and other stuff from Collinite

but it's less expensive here:

Collinite bringingbest
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 11:40   #478
BHPian

Quote:
I beleve putting wax on a windshield is unnecessary and may cause your wipers to judder.
With C845 it does not judder, but with hardwax (885/915/476) it does. Big time.

One easy way to deal with this is that when you wash your car, apply C845 on a sponge and then just glide it on the glass surface with water acting as lubricant.

Just thin coat should do. And when it starts to become little hazy, use a cotton (old banian will do ) and buff it up.

Do same for side glasses too. I have seen:

1. Reduction in glaring effect from windshield.
2. Water beading lasts for a long time on glass and in monsoons sometime I did not even realize that I need to turn the wipers on because water just rolled away happily.
3. Reduction in scratch marks on side glasses and dust gets easily blown without sticking to the bead liners.

But do not ever put it on any black plastic parts (especially the scruff and door side protector). Nightmare will ensue. I have not been able to remove it for last 1 year. Detailers have a tough time masking the white marks thinking its their mistake.

C845 is safe on glass and chrome parts alike. Though will not suggest for silencer or exhaust pipe chrome parts.

What is the verdict with this new boy in town ? Has anyone tried this ?

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-...o-cleaner-wax/

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th February 2018 at 14:49. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 16th February 2018, 17:17   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
With C845 it does not judder, but with hardwax (885/915/476) it does. Big time.
Actually Collinite does not recommend using any of their waxes including 845/476s/915 on some surfaces including glass.

To quote from here: C845 Look at the applications tab which says

Quote:
NOT recommended for rubber, non-skid, black trim, vinyl, glass or non-painted plastic.
I've read about the cleaner wax but that's mainly for paint that's been not treated so well. TBH I'd rather use a compound/polish and then a nice coat of Collinite 845/476/915

Last edited by R2D2 : 16th February 2018 at 17:19.
Old 16th February 2018, 17:58   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Actually Collinite does not recommend using any of their waxes including 845/476s/915 on some surfaces including glass.

To quote from here: C845 Look at the applications tab which says

I've read about the cleaner wax but that's mainly for paint that's been not treated so well. TBH I'd rather use a compound/polish and then a nice coat of Collinite 845/476/915
Regarding use on Glass, I agree that their manual says that. But when used it does not cause any issue. As far as I have seen, it aids.

Regarding the cleaner wax, I am little worried to get it since my car is dark colored (Deep shade of Grey), so worried. Haven't seen any advise about the usage on dark shades.

Is it a combo of rubbing compound, and Polish ? I was thinking of getting Fleetwax Cleaner because there was a minor paint job done at Maruti dealer and as expected they did not polish the areas where new paint was sprayed. So, when I touch those spots it feels rough. Wanted to smoothen and even it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks